C4 Forums | Control4

Roku Ultra Stopped Working

Out of the blue, my Roku stopped responding to any C4 navigators.  I was able to get it working again by manually entering the IP address into the driver in HE, but there is note in the driver info that says I shouldn't enter the address but instead choose the Roku from the list. But the driver seems unable to find any Roku's on my network.

Any ideas?  Am I OK to leave asi-is with fixed IP?

Thanks.

Interesting... Same thing happened at another one of my clients sites today and I manually entered IP to fix as well. Should be fine as long as the IP is fixed. 

Did you try rebooting the Roku to fix the issue? I wonder if Roku pushed out a firmware update and it broke something. 

There was a defect entered in with this behavior, but despite my best efforts (and getting a new Ultra and Ultra LT, along with my existing 2 Roku players), I was unable to reproduce this defect.  All my Rokus here at home have consistently kept the player in the property, and worked, regardless of Roku and Director restarts, power outages, etc.

RyanE

1 minute ago, hardwareguy2068 said:

All (3) of my Roku devices stopped responding in C4 yesterday as well.  I went in to Composer HE, rescan for players and then set them again by picking the player for that room.  All are working now just fine now.  Interesting.

You posted this a few seconds before I could do it. I've had this occur a couple of times in the last few years, and this is precisely what I had to do to get them functioning again. So a vote for this being the solution.

On 3/7/2023 at 6:51 AM, hardwareguy2068 said:

All (3) of my Roku devices stopped responding in C4 yesterday as well.  I went in to Composer HE, rescan for players and then set them again by picking the player for that room.  All are working now just fine now.  Interesting.

This has happened on my system a few times over the past 18 months (5-6 times) and your solution is exactly what I do to fix it.  It happens with my Roku Ultra units (2), but my Roku televisions have not been affected. 

On 3/7/2023 at 6:51 AM, hardwareguy2068 said:

Hi - dumb question but how do I rescan for the Roku Players in Composer HE?  Had similar issue with a Roku Streaming Stick 4K, so I installed a new one thinking it was the previous Roku Stick malfunctioning.  Thanks!

36 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

there is a button on the Actions tab of the Roku Player driver (make sure you are in properties view in Composer HE, not List View which is useless, and for some reason the default view in HE)

Ah I see it now thanks.  But when I press the "Rescan for Roku Players" button, it doesn't seem to do anything.  No hourglass icon processing, and it doesn't prompt me to pick the player for the room.     Also, how do I enter the Roku IP manually into Composer HE?  Thanks again

1 hour ago, gideyup1 said:

Ah I see it now thanks.  But when I press the "Rescan for Roku Players" button, it doesn't seem to do anything.  No hourglass icon processing, and it doesn't prompt me to pick the player for the room.     Also, how do I enter the Roku IP manually into Composer HE?  Thanks again

Yeah it's not windows. The scanning just happens, there won't be a time running indicator. After a few seconds, you';d just go back to the drop down selection list and see if it's there.

20 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Yeah it's not windows. The scanning just happens, there won't be a time running indicator. After a few seconds, you';d just go back to the drop down selection list and see if it's there.

I pressed the Rescan button again, and the drop down selection list doesn't come up (pls see screenshot).    I have 2 Roku's connected to my home, only 1 has the issue, the other works fine.  The one with the issue is probably because few weeks ago I changed the Wi-Fi network on the Roku (to not the C4 network). Prior to that C4 controlled the Roku fine.  Yesterday I switched this Roku back to the same Wi-FI network as the C4 network and C4 cannot control the Roku.  Could it be solved through manually entering the Roku IP into C4?  If so, how do I do that in HE?  Thanks everyone...

Screenshot2023-03-17145211.thumb.jpg.8999bb7fe4a548f43ef111ee392c7048.jpg

4 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

manual ip will also work and you will find it in the properties tab.

Found the Roku IP field in the Properties tab.  I inputted the Roku IP and yup now works.  Thanks!!   

Interestingly, the Roku in the other room's IP field is blank and has and always worked.  I think it's because I never changed its Wi-Fi network to one not on C4.   It's always been on the same Wi-Fi network as C4.

@gideyup1just one other note that I have done with all my Roku players....I name them all a unique name that relates to the room they are located.  It makes it easy on the rescan to find and place in the right location.  I do that so if the IP address changes, it will not matter.  @msgreenfshowed me that a few years ago and it works great.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.