C4 Forums | Control4

Update 3.1.3 firmware

So now that there's a way to lock down individual touchscreens, is there also a way to lock down individual 4Sight users?  They show up in the Identity agent, but aren't available as selections in the Access agent...

From what I can gather, they all lump into the "Default" bucket, which could be customized, but it would see like a common request to limit some 4Sight users more than others (kids vs parents, owners vs visitors, etc).

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 1:18 PM, OceanDad said:

Need to be able to lock a remote (SR and Neeo) to a room.  I bet that's a far bigger use case than touch screen/on-screen navigator.

super glue should work well, glue it to the table! Or break some fingers.. JK

17 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

While we at it 🙂 #featurerequest would be nice to allow more than one snapshot picture in a notification.

If you’re talking about doorstation snapshots it’s already possible. 

Is there a noticeable improvement in camera display speed on 3.1.3?

I’d like to have my system upgraded but I haven’t had a single issue on 3.1.2 (or had to reboot in well over a month for the first time in forever) and I’m a little afraid to upset the apple cart ;)

39 minutes ago, jfh said:

Is there a noticeable improvement in camera display speed on 3.1.3?

I’d like to have my system upgraded but I haven’t had a single issue on 3.1.2 (or had to reboot in well over a month for the first time in forever) and I’m a little afraid to upset the apple cart ;)

mine is a little faster but I wouldnt say night and day difference.

2 hours ago, KWD said:

I would say night and day for me. I'm using Blue Iris and it's just about instant now. 

I use the generic IP driver so maybe that plays into it.   It’s not on the Unifi side i think as I have an app on my Apple TV that accessed the same RTSP Streams almost in an instant .

44 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

the crazy C4 software keeps on giving 

When backing up in HE - Getting  a error message"Back up to control4 cloud requires a 4 sight license"

Which we have - Checked the Mycontrol4 web site and the back up shows 

Who tests this stuff ? 

I’ve had intermittent problems with cloud backups from HE for years.  I just take frequent backups to the PC and copy them to a USB stick.

But at least your backup actually completed.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:22 PM, jfh said:

I’ve had intermittent problems with cloud backups from HE for years.  I just take frequent backups to the PC and copy them to a USB stick.

But at least your backup actually completed.

Auto Back up is working over the last 3 days - However unable to back up manually to the cloud - Still getting same message

Camera wise our are a bit faster - using Generic IP Driver and Alans Hickvision Driver

On 5/28/2020 at 10:03 PM, ILoveControl said:

While we at it 🙂 #featurerequest would be nice to allow more than one snapshot picture in a notification.

You can do this in email notifications with, say, the Chowmain notification suite, as long as you are prepared to do some programming and are happy with url links to the snapshots.  I have 3 inane of my e-mail notifications and even have an e-mail that sends snapshots from all 14 of my cameras.

I have hit one snag with OS3.1.3.  My announcements which play to the whole house are now cutting off at the beginning and dropping in unwanted music (assuming another zone was playing music when the announcement started) at the end.  I spent quite some time (a few versions back) setting up the start delay and stop delay so that everything worked nicely.  My start delay for the whole house (14 zones) is currently 14,000ms.  I did a quick test changing this to 25,000ms and the problem was unchanged, so not quite sure what is going on...

I am seeing the same problem on announcements that pay to fewer zones (e.g. I have an upstairs announcement playing to 6 or 7 zones) which have the same problem just less pronounced.  Where I play to only 1, 2 or 3 zones, all is good...  I will need to play around a bit to see at what zone count this becomes an issue!

Now it appears that I've lost the HDMI connection ability to my Luma NVR since this update?  I was able to view it through my matrix and that is no longer the case.  In the Luma NVR a connection ability isn't even able to be made again?  This is after the update

2 hours ago, Dunamivora said:

What matrix switch is handling the volume and switching for all your rooms?

I’ve got a Binary B100 8x8 but I am not sure if that does anything on the audio side or only the video side.  Certainly don’t think it will impact the 12 zones that I actually send announcements to (for whole house) - see next paragraph.

I also have 2 six zone AMC x86s. This deals with the 10 zones that don’t have video.  Two of the zones with video have their own amps (Rotel and a Denon although in reality, I have always kept these zones out of my whole house announcements as they are slow to react). The other 2 zones with TVs go through the AMCs (or at least the audio does).

I think that covers everything but I may be wrong... As I said, this was working absolutely perfectly on OS3.1.2 (and 3.1.1 and probably 3.1.0.  I spent a lot of time fine tuning the length of delays (start and stop) on each of my announcements 9 months or so back.

Since it is not a Triad AMS, I would expect having to follow the same steps listed in the Control4 4k video switch driver. It specifies that silence needs added at the beginning of the audio file to move the audio backwards since it takes time to send each command to the video switch.

All 3rd party matrix switches have a command delay and I could see it scaling badly (why I like the Triad AMS).

To test that theory out and for your own experience, try it with a single room, then slowly add more rooms if it works fine.

Maybe an app bug or update bug:
1. Open app on ios (its up to date)
2. Go to cameras
3. It is very snappy
4. Open a camera (all this works)
5. Press arrow top left to go back to all the other cameras

App exits.

Rebooted devices tried again same issue.
Drivers for cameras:
X6 Cameras via BlueIris commercial driver
X5 Cameras Chowmains Wyze Camera driver

4 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Maybe an app bug or update bug:
1. Open app on ios (its up to date)
2. Go to cameras
3. It is very snappy
4. Open a camera (all this works)
5. Press arrow top left to go back to all the other cameras

App exits.

Rebooted devices tried again same issue.
Drivers for cameras:
X6 Cameras via BlueIris commercial driver
X5 Cameras Chowmains Wyze Camera driver

It appears to be a bug with the app itself. I can confirm the same bug in the iOS app. 

1 hour ago, ejn1 said:

I timed my cameras opening in iOS C4 app.   7-8 seconds for stream to load and when advanced to next camera about the same for next stream to load.  iPhone 11 on home WiFi.   Just a reference.

That is super slow, it's under a second from BI. Are you really needing to use C4 for viewing the cameras? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.