C4 Forums | Control4

2.6 Issues after upgrade

My 2.6 upgrade went without problems that we could see.

However - my Tunein and Rhapsody will not play on any of my speakers. Yes - we checked and Rhapsody has my account information. No errors displayed - just no output - no music on any speakers - the ipad and iphone THINK that it is playing - it displays what it thinks is playing - but no sound.

Any ideas would be helpful as to what to check or make happen?

Thanks,

Bill

My 2.6 upgrade went without problems that we could see.

However - my Tunein and Rhapsody will not play on any of my speakers. Yes - we checked and Rhapsody has my account information. No errors displayed - just no output - no music on any speakers - the ipad and iphone THINK that it is playing - it displays what it thinks is playing - but no sound.

Any ideas would be helpful as to what to check or make happen?

Thanks,

Bill

Up completion of 2.6 update, needed to update obsolete Tunein driver. Option to do so popped up in window

I think interface on iPhone/iPad is slower.

On iPad 2 room off confirmation will not stay on.

Not having garage doors and locks in all rooms is a pain...

Volume control % not controlling correct with my Pioneer elites VSX-53 and 51.

your dealer can fix all the locks/sensors showing up in all rooms. there is a navigator setting for that.

I'm going to get so hammered for this comment but I'm a little disappointed with 2.6. I don't really stream music and I don't own a spa to heat up. I honestly think they could have done better with the GUI, my system is not faster or slower. I've got a fairly big system and luckily all my hardware is supported with 2.6 but if you have to sacrifice some hardware to upgrade, I would really rethink it.

Again this is just my view.

I'm going to get so hammered for this comment but I'm a little disappointed with 2.6. I don't really stream music and I don't own a spa to heat up. I honestly think they could have done better with the GUI, my system is not faster or slower. I've got a fairly big system and luckily all my hardware is supported with 2.6 but if you have to sacrifice some hardware to upgrade, I would really rethink it.

Just out of curiosity what types of changes to the GUI would you like to see?

No reason to be hammered at all. The only thing you would be seeing is a closer likeness across the different interface (native, iOS, Android).

Indeed if there were hardware issues, no good dealer would even suggest you upgrade in your situation. 2.5.3 will remain as a fully supported version until further notice (and seeing 1.7.4 is still around that notice....)

Speakerpoints work fine, no issues there.

IF yo have no specific reason to update to some of 2.6's improvements, including the new iOS/android app, or some of it's (relatively minor and specific) bug fixes - I'd only update if you intend to replace for newer hardware anyway (or want to make use of the controller upgrade promotion).

Speakerpoints work fine, no issues there.

IF yo have no specific reason to update to some of 2.6's improvements, including the new iOS/android app, or some of it's (relatively minor and specific) bug fixes - I'd only update if you intend to replace for newer hardware anyway (or want to make use of the controller upgrade promotion).

Thanks

I have the 800. With the update I'll lose control with first gen iPad and 4th gen iPod.

I'll probably update and get my daughter a new iPad. Now if it came with access rights for express that would be a no brainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 800. With the update I'll lose control with first gen iPad and 4th gen iPod.

I'll probably update and get my daughter a new iPad. Now if it came with access rights for express that would be a no brainer

Its looking like some 3rd party replacements for MyHome either work or will work soon with 2.6, and hopefully they will work on previous iOS versions as well.

Archived