C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE basic consumer programming videos or tutorials

jingcha

Any good basic customer programming tutorial guides for C4 Composer HE or videos,  tried searching youtube videos, none were  very informative , I am really looking for a very novice person  with some pictorial way of showing examples, any help highly appreciated 

23 hours ago, jingcha said:

Any good basic customer programming tutorial guides for C4 Composer HE or videos,  tried searching youtube videos, none were  very informative , I am really looking for a very novice person  with some pictorial way of showing examples, any help highly appreciated 

I tried to find such materials for last 12 months with no luck! The only available documents are the Control4 Getting started and User guide which are very bacis. I reached a conclusion that the lack of such materials are ment to be that way! I'm utilizing my programming background in C++ and other languages and do my experements in C4.

On 9/15/2018 at 2:20 PM, dcovach said:

2.10.4 is currently the latest os. If you have an amazon prime membership, there is a new native amazon music streaming driver that will display on navigators and c4 remotes.

A .com membership 😥

On 9/8/2018 at 12:20 AM, jingcha said:

This might be of a help, this playlist contains 23 tutorials

On 9/8/2018 at 12:20 AM, jingcha said:

• 4 weeks later...

Question to Dealers, when there is software updates coming out in a short period for the C4 controller systems , to update these essential software updates on the systems do dealers always charge? How much typically they charge. 

This year there were three updates  I think. The Composer HE wouldn't work if both the Controller and  HE are not of the same software version and customer is stuck, do dealers automatically send out any email or phone message when there is a new update that needs to be installed on their customer C4 systems?

What are the typical service calls encountered in the first year other than equipment failures from Dealers experience or point of view?

I have read about great post project service from many Dealers outside of my city and have been cautioned about a few bad experiences also.

Any comments and suggestions?

Thanks

OS Upgrades are free.  Dealers time however may not be.  At the dealers discretion as to what they charge.  These are not forced updates either, other than if it fixes certain problems that your system may have.  Certainly can stay happily at any OS version.

17 hours ago, jingcha said:

Question to Dealers, when there is software updates coming out in a short period for the C4 controller systems , to update these essential software updates on the systems do dealers always charge? How much typically they charge. 

This year there were three updates  I think. The Composer HE wouldn't work if both the Controller and  HE are not of the same software version and customer is stuck, do dealers automatically send out any email or phone message when there is a new update that needs to be installed on their customer C4 systems?

What are the typical service calls encountered in the first year other than equipment failures from Dealers experience or point of view?

I have read about great post project service from many Dealers outside of my city and have been cautioned about a few bad experiences also.

Any comments and suggestions?

Thanks

None of the  updates are essential for your system to continue operating in the fashion that it was installed. However Improvements and features added do come with the new versions.

No dealer is forced to update a system unless it is part of their agreement with the customer when the system is installed. Charges for these will be on the dealer. I specifically just charge the time it takes for me to do the update and see it to fruition.  I then offer free updates to Versions in the same series as a benefit to my customer.

Composer he will continue to work just fine and all versions are available.  You dont update composer if the controller is not on the same version. If you update the controller you need to update the composer to match. Control4 sends out announcements to everyone, if you are not getting them you will want to check your settings on customer.control4.com

Typical service calls are user error,  network, software, and lastly hardware failures in that order.

On 10/17/2018 at 6:34 PM, jingcha said:

I just wait until I need the dealer for something else -- and they update the system at the same time. I think when Spotify Connect was added, I think I made a list of other tweaks I needed, and had it all done at once -- but the system update was the real reason. All done remotely by a dealer here on the forum. @chopedogg88, @AK1, @StroTek LLC, @Matt Lowe to name a few. Just ask what the minimum charge is if it is a small job. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 1:36 PM, Matt Lowe said:

As for materials on CHE youtube as suggested is a resource. I do offer one on one tutoring and can show you just about anything you would want to know about composer and how to effectively program your system.

Thank you Matt Lowe, I might send you a PM to check with you on the  one on one tutoring, Thanks 

Archived