C4 Forums | Control4

IP driver for Jandy Pool System

Bud

I wish someone would write an IP C4 driver for this Jandy Pool Controller. The iAqualink works with the Aqualink RS system (the same one required for the Serial interface the C4 driver uses.) It allows full control over PC or mobile apps.

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Products/Controls/iAquaLink.aspx

I'm sure it would respond better than the Jandy serial driver/adapter. I also have not figured out how to control one of my automated valves as it is not listed as an auxillary on the RS inteface, but can control it with the Jandy PDA

I bet there are plenty of C4 users with Jandy systems.

• 5 months later...

Maybe I can help.

1) Do you have the protocols of communication?

2) Do you have a computer connected to this yard system that I can access via Remote Desktop?

Best regards

Bruno

I don't have one but have been meaning to purchase it.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bsalvador - I just had this installed and it works great with the PC flash based control. It does not appear on the IOS/Android C4 app and therefore can only be used with custom buttons as far as I can tell.

This does not give full functionality, for example I can control the temperature but I can not tell what the temp is (No real time feedback like the flash version)

Here is a link to the manual with the codes/commands. If you can put something together I would be happy to give some hard earned cash!

google search: aqualink rs serial adapter manual

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkb.homeauto.com%2Fredirfile.asp%3Fid%3D203&ei=H47eUYX0HtW64AOx2YGACA&usg=AFQjCNGFjCwHqqurxWYTNVtJC6QnD8phYg&sig2=40Hw3VpZI5g-eoMQ1fDSsg&bvm=bv.48705608,d.dmg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry, I just saw your answer today!

Iwll take a look on the documentation and to have a better development I need to have an access to a computer that is connected to the Jandy.

I think that I can finish that in 3 working nights, so if somebody could provide me this access it will be very helpful.

I use teamviewer for remote development (www.teamviewer.com).

contact me bruno@control4hacks.com

• 9 months later...

I know this topic is really old but did anything come of the IP driver?  I have the Jandy serial connector box AND the newer IP iaqualink box both connected to my system and think if we could integrate the ip version, it would be a lot nicer as the serial box is SLOW, not that responsive and limited compared to the Jandy iPhone app.

Is this still something that's being worked on?  Can't we just sniff the traffic between the Jandy IP unit and the web browser / application and figure this out?  

How many want this to happen?  We have a solution, and can have this working on all UI's, but will not venture into this without enough people on board.

I'm assuming you ask because you'd be looking to get compensated.  I'd be interested in pushing it as a dealer if it made sense.  do you have any idea what price point you'd be at?  Also, would you be adding features above the current driver other than the obvious speed and reliability?  If you want to pm me this stuff that would be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived