C4 Forums | Control4

CEDIA 2017

pbels

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, David Paxton said:

Spotify has been added, but only Spotify connect.

Disappointed 

Did you expect something different?  From all previous experience this is something they are forcing on the industry, it wasn't just a Sonos thing. 

8 minutes ago, turls said:

so what are people doing that have to replace HC300?  Unfortunately I had them in 2 different closets and was using them for relays, IR, serial, digital audio.  I'm thinking at least EA1 without getting too creative?

The EA1 doesn't have a contact/relay.   The HC250 does.

2 hours ago, turls said:

so what are people doing that have to replace HC300?  Unfortunately I had them in 2 different closets and was using them for relays, IR, serial, digital audio.  I'm thinking at least EA1 without getting too creative?

I have the same question I have a Ea3 as my main and a 300 as my onscreen will I still e able to update to 2.10 ? 

3 hours ago, turls said:

If I am not mistaken, you have 3 options:

- if no need for contact/relay, EA1 is an option

- if contact/relay/IR are needed but no serial nor audio: new Z2IO seems to be perfect (assuming coverage ok)

- if contact/relay/serial/IR needed, as well as audio: buy a used HC250 or a EA3 (probably not worth it)

Let me know if I miss anything, especially on the new Z2IO

8 hours ago, istreich said:

If I am not mistaken, you have 3 options:

- if no need for contact/relay, EA1 is an option

- if contact/relay/IR are needed but no serial nor audio: new Z2IO seems to be perfect (assuming coverage ok)

- if contact/relay/serial/IR needed, as well as audio: buy a used HC250 or a EA3 (probably not worth it)

Let me know if I miss anything, especially on the new Z2IO

Or i/o extender

Thanks for the responses, I was just searching on HC300 and didn't read the OP about the thread purpose.  I was thinking I/O Extender, but hadn't mapped out all the different requirements vs other options.  I'll look at HC250, but I'm guessing they may start being hard to find.  I thought there was some 3rd party options for serial, if I want to cobble together a replacement.

Archived