C4 Forums | Control4

Jandy iAqualink Driver Issues

l3anks

On 7/16/2021 at 5:00 PM, l3anks said:

There's an updated driver now in beta testing. This is using the new iaqualink API  and looks promising so far.

Hopefully there will be limited issues and will release soon

So this may be a dumb question, but are beta testers needed for the new driver?  If so, I’d be happy to!

Ive been testing the new beta driver and control4 have given me permission to update you all.

No changes are required to use the new driver, and it looks to work very well.

There are some additional events, one for each auxiliary, which is nice, however, a limitaton placed on control4 by Jandy is on the polling, as its now 15 minutes for idle polling and a minimum of 3 minutes between each poll when the pool controls are in use.

Control4 hope to complete beta testing within the next week, but obviously this may change if any issues are found, and will roll out the driver with a forced update, so dealers will not need to update the driver at customers sites. 

10 hours ago, Paul S said:

Ive been testing the new beta driver and control4 have given me permission to update you all.

No changes are required to use the new driver, and it looks to work very well.

There are some additional events, one for each auxiliary, which is nice, however, a limitaton placed on control4 by Jandy is on the polling, as its now 15 minutes for idle polling and a minimum of 3 minutes between each poll when the pool controls are in use.

Control4 hope to complete beta testing within the next week, but obviously this may change if any issues are found, and will roll out the driver with a forced update, so dealers will not need to update the driver at customers sites. 

Nice! I am not a Jandy Aqualink user but my dealer tells me that the updated driver is now available in the driver database. And he tells me it is much improved. 

3 minutes ago, antneed said:

So the driver is ready for everyone? Or is it still in beta format?

Yes the driver is now available for everyone.

Force update is enabled, so it should auto update next time your controller checks for updated drivers

6 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Yes the driver is now available for everyone.

Force update is enabled, so it should auto update next time your controller checks for updated drivers

So I do not need my dealer to receive the update, it will update automatically then?

13 minutes ago, antneed said:

So I do not need my dealer to receive the update, it will update automatically then?

From what I was told you do not need your dealer.  I believe the controllers check each night, so perhaps monitor it over the next 24-48hrs to see if it updates.

Paul

13 hours ago, Paul S said:

From what I was told you do not need your dealer.  I believe the controllers check each night, so perhaps monitor it over the next 24-48hrs to see if it updates.

Paul

Great news! I hope so. Thank you Paul S.

Has anyone tried using the mobile app along with the updated driver? I am seeing very bad behavior between the app and the Control4 system and I am sure it's due to the polling restrictions. It's very easy to be out-of-sync because the app does not have the polling limitations.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:12 PM, Paul S said:

limitation placed on control4 by Jandy is on the polling, as its now 15 minutes for idle polling and a minimum of 3 minutes between each poll when the pool controls are in use.

see comment above on the polling limits.  Shouldn't much of an issue of you use c4 exclusively. Its only an issue of the Jandy interface is used (directly or through native programming) to change system state. 

I've re-setup a schedule within Control4 to turn the pool lights on after sunset and then turn them off at midnight.  They seem to turn on just fine but never turn off.  Anyone else having an issue with lights not turning off using a schedule?  They work fine on a schedule within the Jandy App but I would prefer to use Control4 for all scheduling. 

I'll give it a try and report back.

I had light scheduling setup through Control4 and then reverted to just doing it native through iAquaLink.  

Here is why:  When it was setup through Control4 to get to my selected light color (using Jandy Watercolor LEDs), it was cycling through all of the colors to get to the selected color.  I thought this was both visually unpleasing, and also potentially a drain on the lifespan of the lights (any truth to this??  I am just guessing).  

Alternatively, previously when setup through iAqualink, after the first time color was selected, the lights would schedule off, and then come on via schedule instantly back to the selected color without cycling.  Anyone know why there is a difference??

Also - to make matters more confusing, now it seems that even now using iAquaLink scheduling that the lights are cycling through colors to get to the selected color.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.