C4 Forums | Control4

Ceiling Fan Recommends

What's the group recommendation on ceiling fans these days?

Client wants rock solid reliability (Control) above all else.  He's looking at the Haiku Gen 4, but it does not appear to be wifi as the other Haiku models?  Would their wifi module work with this?  Does the C4 Fan Speed controller work with these fans?

Please post your ceiling fan picks!

Thanks!

Neil

I have 18 Modern Forms fans.  The C4 integration is fine, but the fans sometimes drop off WiFi and need to be power cycled from breaker (can't control them even from native Modern Forms / WAC iPhone app).  I wish there was a hard-wired option for use in new construction.  But when they work, they are really nice fans.   Not sure if other C4-friendly fans are any better-- just sharing my experience.

Also, and maybe this is prob a C4 thing, I wish they showed up in Comfort and not in Lights--- especially since my fans don't have lights.

16 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

I had plenty of problems with the v1 Haiku driver, which created several headaches. V2 seems solid so far.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, I was referring to v2. V1 required polling. V2 is a total rewrite and utilizes a different protocol which provides feedback in realtime (and a huge amount of capabilities exposed via read/write variables). 

3 hours ago, cnicholson said:

I have 18 Modern Forms fans.  The C4 integration is fine, but the fans sometimes drop off WiFi and need to be power cycled from breaker (can't control them even from native Modern Forms / WAC iPhone app).  I wish there was a hard-wired option for use in new construction.  But when they work, they are really nice fans.   Not sure if other C4-friendly fans are any better-- just sharing my experience.

Also, and maybe this is prob a C4 thing, I wish they showed up in Comfort and not in Lights--- especially since my fans don't have lights.

I have my fans hidden in lights and use experience buttons to control them in comfort (and / or favourited to the Home Screen). Both bNet solutions and Chowmain have cool experience buttons for fan control.

On 8/19/2023 at 1:38 PM, Andrew luecke said:

In regards to big ass fans, I think we've only ever had 1 or 2 support tickets for it. It's an incredibly solid product and driver

I have V1 and V2 fans with the Chowmain driver.   When I use the Haiku app from time to time it wants to upgrade the firmware of the V1...  Will this create any issues with the driver?  Thx

On 8/19/2023 at 11:20 AM, neil12011 said:

What's the group recommendation on ceiling fans these days?

Client wants rock solid reliability (Control) above all else.  He's looking at the Haiku Gen 4, but it does not appear to be wifi as the other Haiku models?  Would their wifi module work with this?  Does the C4 Fan Speed controller work with these fans?

Please post your ceiling fan picks!

Thanks!

Neil

I've been happy with my Chowmain driver and Haikus... I have one Modern Forms but prefer the Haiku.

2 hours ago, ejn1 said:

I have V1 and V2 fans with the Chowmain driver.   When I use the Haiku app from time to time it wants to upgrade the firmware of the V1...  Will this create any issues with the driver?  Thx

The BAF mobile app firmware is not compatible with v1 /haiku app firmware and vice versa.

That being said, the v2/BAF firmware and driver (free upgrade for v1 users) is significantly better. And we've only maybe had 1 or 2 support enquiries. One is an issue with Alexa (which turned out isn't a bug with our driver, and may be resolved by now), the second is something we're investigating (led button colour issue for configurable keypads), which doesn't affect the operation of the driver

On 8/19/2023 at 1:30 PM, msgreenf said:

Modern forms 

Never heard of them till now...great timing as we've been looking for a bedroom replacement for some time...

all that said, do you know:

how do they compare in general to big ass fans?

how do they compare to BAF in price? 

thanks.

Also might be worth looking at Bond's solutions for fan integration.

Control4 Driver here

https://chowmain.software/drivers/control4-bond

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.