C4 Forums | Control4

OS3.4

More like a few bugs ~ just had to robot my EA1 which said it was updating when it came back on line which is interesting

Lets wait and see 

My dealer will not update me until we get a few updates in ~ had a few issues with the core3 / intercom Gateway and Control4 tech support in the UK ~ to be honest I have lost the love for the product 

11 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

My dealer is updating me to OS3.4 as I type.  Does anyone know what is in this release? It hasn’t sounded all that exciting in other posts based on people’s CEDIA experiences but I am hopeful that there will be some hidden gems?

From what I saw at the show it's quite minimal

• New Notifications features
  • Added User Management functions
  • Security deeper integrations (they were showcasing specifically with Luma)

I'm sure your dealer will have release notes on the additional details; there were multiple reps (they had over 50 at the show) stating 'this sets the foundation for future and more frequent updates.' 

11 minutes ago, GregCAMS said:

From what I saw at the show it's quite minimal

• New Notifications features
  • Added User Management functions
  • Security deeper integrations (they were showcasing specifically with Luma)

I'm sure your dealer will have release notes on the additional details; there were multiple reps (they had over 50 at the show) stating 'this sets the foundation for future and more frequent updates.' 

Thanks! My dealer promised to let me know what was in the release in the morning (as it is currently evening here) 🙈

2 minutes ago, slim42dog said:

Can a control4 OS3.4 update be pushed via OVRC?   if so, do you only need to update the director (in my case, CA10) and the other devices EA5s, 3, etc will update?  or do you need to update each?   Will touchscreens get the update?

As far as I know, this has to be done by your dealer using Composer Pro.  This then pushes updates to all relevant devices (controllers and Touchscreens etc.)

In-app Notification Management

Deep Linking - tapping a notification sends you to that device in the app

User Management and Account Details in app rather than just in portal

Surveillance Experience Updates - live scrolling thumbnails

x20 Luma Camera Audio Support in App

Coming Q4 - New Lighting Picker, Easier Scene Editing, Easier Wallpaper, Settings Redesign (makes it sound like App update rather than hardware OS)

Coming Soon - TuneIn Driver Update - premium Tune In Support

Firmware for T4 to address Image Jitter

Must be on 3.31 or better

~65 Bug Fixes

Terminal Access removed

11 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Please do explain further what you mean by this? 

Snap paid a Large amount of Money for Control4 

Dealers now buy not only control4 equipment from them but other Audio Visual / Network equipment 

This has Increased snap custom base - Hence why they bought C4

No need to invest in Control4 - Has snap has all the dealers  buying AV equipment and Control4 Equipment - Happy DAYS - Apart from the massive Debit they have. 

After 4 weeks talking to dealer about the Core 3 he supplied and C4 Saying it should be Core 5 and everyone on this forum 

saying C4 are just up selling  

Hence my call 

Feel for the Dealers 

5 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Snap paid a Large amount of Money for Control4 

Dealers now buy not only control4 equipment from them but other Audio Visual / Network equipment 

This Increased snap customer customer base 

No need to invest in Control4 - Has snap has all the dealers  buying AV equipment and Control4 Equipment - Happy DAYS - Apart from the massive Debit they have. 

After 4 weeks talking to dealer about the Core 3 he supplied and C4 Saying it should be Core 5 and everyone on this forum 

saying C4 are just up selling  

Hence my call 

Feel for the Dealers 

Huh? I remember was Snap was so small they didnt even have a booth at CEDIA. They have ALWAYS supplied the rest of the industry equipment. That’s the whole genesis of the company.  Before that we were purchasing large amounts of premier AV, networking and CCTV gear from C4 directly. I can buy elevated HARMON and other premiums lines from Savant. This is pretty much always been the case. 

25 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Please see attached Release Notes 

OS_3.4.0_Release_Notes.pdf 1.75 MB · 5 downloads

thanks for posting.  I'd just like to see a splash home screen similar to Savant, Josh and Crestron that give you a status of items when you open the mobile app, rather than having to dig to see what devices are in what state. This would be a baseline starting point rather than the focus on the notifications.  

IMG_351E4DDC6551-1.jpeg

IMG_7719315B2CAF-1.jpeg

IMG_A5CB7ED027D2-1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Looks like - Snapone have all details of the dealers now and are happy with just limited Control4 Development 

I disgree with your assessment.

There are releases that have fewer flashy features and releases that have more flashy features, with things still being done behind the scenes for future functionality.  This is just one of the first kind.  There are a ton of bugfixes and architectural changes that will bear fruit in the future.

Control4 development and resources for development haven't appreciably from when Control4 was a separate company.

RyanE

2 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Agreed on the home screen!  Seems pretty obvious, right?

I like the 'no home screen' myself.  I want the app to start, and show my default room immediately.

On my phone, though, my home screen has favorites that show me the status of the garage doors and locks.

It's easy enough to do.

RyanE

MainSensors.png

5 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Agreed on the home screen!  Seems pretty obvious, right?

Poignant - went to dinner with my integrator and 3 others from different parts of country joined us on Friday and comments were same about this.  They deploy Josh+Control4 and at least 1 of these as alternatives.  They were surprised to not see a more contemporary and status home screen;  Again I was told by at least 3 reps in the different sub-areas (OS, security, OvrC, etc.) that said we're building a platform to have more frequent updates and a basis for enhanced upgrades.  Hoping for the best, but pragmatic.

2 minutes ago, RyanE said:

I like the 'no home screen' myself.  I want the app to start, and show my default room immediately.

On my phone, though, my home screen has favorites that show me the status of the garage doors and locks.

It's easy enough to do.

RyanE

MainSensors.png

Yeah I think this topic is a non-starter or having the flexibility to have either a status page or the alternative you're showing; just speaking as a customer for 14 years on this with virtually ever item in the C4 ecosystem at this point

Personally, I don't think that the notifications feature is insignificant.  That eliminates a huge pain point for dealers and customers alike, and lots of programming hours to setup notifications and then change them again when the customer changes their mind.  Its been a big time suck for me over the years.

The Home/House status page should be an out-of-the-box feature, shouldn't require extra programming to build on a case-by-case basis...just like you get with all of the other competitors...and there's a reason.  And that's half the reason that my Control4 clients who use Josh prefer the Josh app over Control4.  

RyanE I love you man but you're just making excuses :)

That said, you do have the ability to easily see if there is any A/V stuff happening simply by seeing if the "3-line House" in the top right is active...so that's part of it.  Now just need some more of that same idea but for lights, shades, locks, etc.

2 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Personally, I don't think that the notifications feature is insignificant.  That eliminates a huge pain point for dealers and customers alike, and lots of programming hours to setup notifications and then change them again when the customer changes their mind.  Its been a big time suck for me over the years.

i do agree on that but in our case we went to Josh to do the changes in scenes and the like that I can do in 5 minutes with greater flexibility compared to When>Then.  I personally don't use much on the notifications side as didn't really need them other than 2N to Intercom that's already there.  But I use HE for the other items in the past and a few KScape intermission scenes (more to learn on that) myself.  Obviously assuming that's not the norm for 95%+ plus of the client base but for us notifications on our iOS devices are a nuisance across all apps other than getting an iMessage.  again only the voice of 1 and the wife here lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.