C4 Forums | Control4

UniFi Drivers Coming Soon - Ideas

annex⁴

5 hours ago, TexasUser said:

Thanks for the update.  I have UniFi networking equipment and C4.  I haven't purchased cameras yet, but am hoping to be able to go with UniFi's.

I use my unifi cameras with C4 now with the generic IP driver....    I cant access DVR functions but not sure why anyone would want to via C4.   The Unifi app is really good also.

On 1/28/2017 at 10:36 AM, annex⁴ said:

We are only supporting UniFi product, the edge gear will not be included in any of the drivers.

Also you will be required to be running a UniFi controller as this is how we will be interfacing.  If your setup is a standalone access point then you won't benefit from anything we have coming.

I'm running a UniFi Cloud Controller, a UniFi USG Pro 4, a 24 port UniFi POE switch, 2 x 16 port UniFi POE switches, an 8 port UniFi POE switch, and 5 x UniFi AC-HD Access Points, so whatever drivers you're working on might be very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Not abandoned, I'm actually using it locally in my own home, it's just not ready for release or beta yet.

What's done - Unifi Controller:

• Realtime events for the following:
    • Admin Login
    • LAN [Connection\Disconnection]
    • LAN [Guest Connection\Disconnection]
    • WIFI [Connection\Disconnection]
    • WIFI [Guest Connection\Disconnection]
    • Unifi Devices [Connection\Disconnection Adopted\Readopted]
    • Unifi Access Point [Interference]
    • WiFi User Roamed
  • Programming commands:
    • Restarting of ports on switches
    • Trigger speed test

What's done - UAP:

• Integrated with our voice genie driver to directly play and upload .ogg files
  • Commands to playback any audio files on the device

What's done - Webview

• Tab for displaying all client devices on the network
  • Tab for displaying all Unifi devices on the network
  • Tab for displaying events
  • Tab for general settings information

To come:

• Triggering and display of speed test on Webview
  • Programming events for completion of speed test
  • Programming variables for speed test results
  • More realtime events
  • Modal dialog (Webview) for switches to allow restarting of ports, viewing connected devices, etc
  • General control of Unifi Devices like the controller
    • Lights, Restart, Upgrade, Block,  Reconnect, etc.

EDIT: The API is pretty open ended, almost anything can be accomplished that the Unifi Controller webpage can do. We'll be sure to see all the features mentioned in the thread implemented as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, TheWizard said:

@Waring192 If you'd like to beta test PM me, I'll be handing out drivers and beta licenses on Wednesday.

Pictures of Webview below. Clicking any device, client, or guest brings up a modal dialog to block, reconnect, authorize, etc.
Clients.thumb.PNG.40beb5387389a442f92e8618edf91e62.PNGDevices.thumb.PNG.af238d9d81b2410aba2aaf051fc78920.PNGEvents.thumb.PNG.6d87be1b1357662d4743c7ddcf81596a.PNGNetwork.thumb.PNG.4173e8ac786d5a060ebf2f5f9320a45c.PNGSpeedTest.PNG.feadda016fb954b76b50ba27eb39b64e.PNG

Programming Events and Actions
ProgrammingEvents.PNG.2e1687b9ffb628bec0faea0d62376c27.PNGProgrammingActions.PNG.d01be13038febf24cf46c8c55a29ec16.PNG

Please add me into your beat test list if possible. :)

[mention=142960]Waring192[/mention] If you'd like to beta test PM me, I'll be handing out drivers and beta licenses on Wednesday.

Pictures of Webview below. Clicking any device, client, or guest brings up a modal dialog to block, reconnect, authorize, etc.
Clients.thumb.PNG.40beb5387389a442f92e8618edf91e62.PNGDevices.thumb.PNG.af238d9d81b2410aba2aaf051fc78920.PNGEvents.thumb.PNG.6d87be1b1357662d4743c7ddcf81596a.PNGNetwork.thumb.PNG.4173e8ac786d5a060ebf2f5f9320a45c.PNGSpeedTest.PNG.feadda016fb954b76b50ba27eb39b64e.PNG

ProgrammingEvents.PNG.2e1687b9ffb628bec0faea0d62376c27.PNGProgrammingActions.PNG.d01be13038febf24cf46c8c55a29ec16.PNG

I’m interested in Beta.
Thanks

On 11/17/2019 at 4:15 AM, TheWizard said:

@Waring192 If you'd like to beta test PM me, I'll be handing out drivers and beta licenses on Wednesday.

Count me in pls, Am ready to join the beta as well ☺️

Hi, I dont see anything regarding VLAN's... is it a case of not seeing any usecase for change of VLAN or its not done yet or the API doesnt allow it?

Can you program on specific wifi device association? example if a specific mac address joins then do the following or is it generic for if any device connects? 

On 11/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, Stuart England said:

Hi, I dont see anything regarding VLAN's... is it a case of not seeing any usecase for change of VLAN or its not done yet or the API doesnt allow it?

Can you program on specific wifi device association? example if a specific mac address joins then do the following or is it generic for if any device connects? 

No VLAN stuff yet, is there a specific use case you're looking for? The API is quite open ended so it's likely possible.

All the events have associated values set as variables in the driver. You can create conditional checks to see if a specific client or device was the trigger for the event using these. If you wanted to check if a specific client joined the wireless network you can absolutely do that.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:41 AM, BraydonH said:

Wow very impressive work here. Good Job.

'I'm assuming that fancy interface only works on T3's and not on mobile?

T3 only at the moment, although technically the page can be accessed on mobile. There's just some query string parameters you would need with the URL.

2 hours ago, TheWizard said:

T3 only at the moment, although technically the page can be accessed on mobile. There's just some query string parameters you would need with the URL.

It would be great if it could be accessed on mobile too. Didn't even know that was possible. I dont have any T3's in my project so I would miss out on alot of this functionality

Same goes with your Nanoleaf driver. That custom interface looks sexy but I cannot use it because I dont have a T3.

43 minutes ago, BraydonH said:

It would be great if it could be accessed on mobile too. Didn't even know that was possible. I dont have any T3's in my project so I would miss out on alot of this functionality

We're working on a way to securely allow this, no timeline for release yet.

I would be interested in beta testing as well.  I run the Unifi controller in a docker container on unRAID and I have five WAPs and a USG (as my router).  Would this driver be able to monitor hard wired devices that are on your LAN but not connected to a Unifi switch?  I find that sometimes Unifi is not as aware of ethernet connected devices that are connected but which may not be pinging out to the internet - perhaps you may see that if you have a Unifi ethernet switch.

Another device that provides similar LAN function monitoring is the fingbox.  But I don't think they have an API.  I use that and have it set up to notify me when critical device drop off the LAN.  You can also use it to notify you when new devices join the LAN, which helps you to find new DHCP clients when you buy new devices.  It also lets you know when family members get home!  But I imagine the Unifi driver can do most, if not all, of this.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.