C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

My dealer said it would this week - however think that was his plan to sell me a extra T3 and the DS2 - was talking to him today, the rumours are  from Amerstdam - that is coming 1st quarter  - this came out late at night after beers and cookies.

fingers crossed 

Given the much improved stability of the door stations in 2.10.1, one can realistically hope that it will be soon... But then what will we all have to speculate about?

5 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Given the much improved stability of the door stations in 2.10.1, one can realistically hope that it will be soon... But then what will we all have to speculate about?

we can speculate about the conspiracy of HDMI

4 hours ago, thegreatheed said:

calling @wappinghigh .

haha Yep HDMi is soooo good without HDCP that the AV industry has finally woken up and realised this and got together to put pressure on Congress to stand up for consumers once and for all (consumers here being the A/V industries customers at the end of the day ). They have also agreed to fund a class action on behalf of their customers - the consumers against the HDMI cartel for selling consumers the "HDCP" absolute crock of shIte that it truly is.. Wait I am dreaming. W 

On 2/8/2018 at 2:00 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

How about the release of the announced Hayward Omnilogic integration from 2014????

On 2/10/2018 at 8:25 PM, janthony6 said:

Must be coming soon.  My control4 site says I have a license for it in software. 

The Intercom license is *not* associated with Intercom Anywhere.

The Intercom functionality was originally not included with the OS update.  It required that you have an Intercom license to operate.

That is no longer the case, and the Intercom license is now just automatically added to accounts on update so they can all use 'local' Intercom.

The only additional license that *is* required for Intercom Anywhere is a 4Sight license for the remote access.

FYI...

RyanE

5 hours ago, RyanE said:

The Intercom license is *not* associated with Intercom Anywhere.

The Intercom functionality was originally not included with the OS update.  It required that you have an Intercom license to operate.

That is no longer the case, and the Intercom license is now just automatically added to accounts on update so they can all use 'local' Intercom.

The only additional license that *is* required for Intercom Anywhere is a 4Sight license for the remote access.

FYI...

RyanE

Great ! Glad they have tossed out the "this is called that" and "this works" with "that" liscence etc etc and will just "make it work" this time? :) Looking forward to it ;)

But I agree 4sight is awesome....

W

2 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Rumour has it...the app is going back into beta because of some issues...

All the better to sit back and wait.. it seems kinda silly that simple intercom can't get to happen real easy... I mean tell that to the wife and she just rolls her eyes.. "No problem skypeing 20,000 km at the drop of a hat she says".. and yet  I can't to the front door... It's kinda embarrassing I suppose  but it is what it is I guess... 

Nifty bits of doublespeak here, but it's not hard to see what's going on - no company would preannounce this app in September if the plan all along was to keep testing through February.  Undoubtedly some big issues keeping it from being ready for primetime.

Just now, wnpublic said:

Nifty bits of doublespeak here, but it's not hard to see what's going on - no company would preannounce this app in September if the plan all along was to keep testing through February.  Undoubtedly some big issues keeping it from being ready for primetime.

Apple with AirPower?

Apple with HomePod (released now)

Maybe its a marketing approach!!

Archived