C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron Caseta Integration

Outstanding. Have several picos laying around and might be nice to use as zone volume control for things like patio and kitchen (although Alexa works great). Guessing this doesn’t need any driver and can be done in composer HE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a specific Pico remote for audio control.  You can use the regular Pico as well, but this is specifically engraved for the job.  Works for Sonos, or for any other sort of C4 control.  Just map whatever you want to the buttons :

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 4.03.57 PM.png

Outstanding. Have several picos laying around and might be nice to use as zone volume control for things like patio and kitchen (although Alexa works great). Guessing this doesn’t need any driver and can be done in composer HE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dealer has to add the hardware drivers. Then you can program in composer he

1 hour ago, jebt2921 said:

Your dealer has to add the driver and do the necessary bindings (to each Lutron device you want to control with C4) after you define the devices in the Lutron ap/hub.

once that is done you can add/change any programming with HE.

Now that Control4 has the new affordable Wireless lighting line, I would think most would want to stay with control4 lighting as opposed to Lutron's

The new essential dimmers work just as good as the APD at less then half the price

30 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

Now that Control4 has the new affordable Wireless lighting line, I would think most would want to stay with control4 lighting as opposed to Lutron's

The new essential dimmers work just as good as the APD at less then half the price

Pico is a great solution for locations where you haven't got/can't run any wires.  Otherwise I agree.

• 1 year later...

I currently have 70 Caseta on non-pro Bridge, I know I need Pro to work with C4, is there any easy way to change bridges without starting from scratch?  And just to confirm, I get all the switches setup with Lutron, and THEN my dealer adds to C4?  I just don’t want to redo this anymore times than I need to 😆 

4 hours ago, mod220 said:

I currently have 70 Caseta on non-pro Bridge, I know I need Pro to work with C4, is there any easy way to change bridges without starting from scratch?  And just to confirm, I get all the switches setup with Lutron, and THEN my dealer adds to C4?  I just don’t want to redo this anymore times than I need to 😆 

Regarding the second question, yes, you set up everything in the Pro hub and then your dealer will add it to C4, probably using the new LEAP driver that brings over all the devices at once. 

As for your first question, I do not know. If no one here can help you, you might try posting here:

https://forums.lutron.com/forumdisplay.php/82-Caseta-Wireless

5 hours ago, mod220 said:

To move from plain to pro you have to start setup all over again and redo everything.

I've been told the LEAP driver import will work with plain bridge, but I haven't tried that myself. If you havene't set it up yet, I'd get a pro bridge, if you have, try the leap import first before redoing it all.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:14 PM, mod220 said:

The Caseta bridge from Home Depot works fine in Control4...you don't need the Pro bridge. 

On 5/21/2020 at 7:46 PM, JSTRONG said:

Control4 doesn't have a competitor to the Pico remote.

On 5/21/2020 at 7:47 PM, JSTRONG said:

And I used to use the pico's in my home running control4. That 1 second + delay was a deal killer for me. 

No delay here.  I don't even have the Pro hub and its lightning fast.  No issues in toggling lights, ramping lights, and controlling music. 

thanks, guys.  If I can save the money on not buying a Pro and not have to reprogram that's great.  why am I reading some say the Pro is required, any additional features I would gain?  any issue being above 50 devices?

14 minutes ago, mod220 said:

thanks, guys.  If I can save the money on not buying a Pro and not have to reprogram that's great.  why am I reading some say the Pro is required, any additional features I would gain?  any issue being above 50 devices?

Its old info.  I thought the same and took a gamble on it from Home Depot.  I figured i could return it if it didn't work.  Worked great and it supports up to 75 devices per hub now.  You can have multiple hubs in your Control4 project if you need to go over the 75 device limit. 

15 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

I was under the impression that the "pro" hub was the only one that exposed the API/interface required for the integration.  Are you sure you don't have a "pro" hub?

No, i do not have the pro hub. Unless home depot started selling the pro hub as the Caseta hub with a pico dimmer combo.  I bought the hub, dimmer, pico as a package. 

The driver in composer pro is "Lutron LEAP RA2 and Caseta Processor"

2 hours ago, DanITman said:

Control4 doesn't have a competitor to the Pico remote.

No delay here.  I don't even have the Pro hub and its lightning fast.  No issues in toggling lights, ramping lights, and controlling music. 

do Picos only work with Sonos?  I am using HEOS since I have all Denon AVR...

1 hour ago, mod220 said:

do Picos only work with Sonos?

No - think of a Pico as a simple set of buttons that each have an ID within Composer.  Each button can be used within C4 programming to trigger any corresponding action on the C4 side.  If it's available as a programming event (HEOS play/pause for example) then it's available for the Pico.

3 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

No - think of a Pico as a simple set of buttons that each have an ID within Composer.  Each button can be used within C4 programming to trigger any corresponding action on the C4 side.  If it's available as a programming event (HEOS play/pause for example) then it's available for the Pico.

wow had no idea...can Picos work as "smart buttons" for C4 to trigger a lighting scene?  new to C4 so may not have the vernacular down...

1 hour ago, OceanDad said:

Yes, they also work direct with Sonos via an integration with the hub.

I didn’t do a direct integration as I have them triggering things via Control4. You can trigger anything

the driver supports the press and release action so you can do ramping of lighting loads. 

11 hours ago, mod220 said:

wow had no idea

Pico is the best kept $20 secret in some ways.  Incredibly versatile, given the lack of wiring required.  Take a look at Etsy for some interesting 3rd party holders and mounts as well.

the pro hub is needed if you just use the regular caseta driver, the pro hub is not needed if you use the leap driver 

19 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

I was under the impression that the "pro" hub was the only one that exposed the API/interface required for the integration.  Are you sure you don't have a "pro" hub?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.