C4 Forums | Control4

Jandy iAqualink Driver Issues

l3anks

Thanks for the update msgreenf.

Quick question, when the driver does get fixed, do I need to anything to my C4 settings? Or does it just start to work again?

Also, how does it typically take for fixes like this to occur?

thank you.

Mine is still offline..... :(

This was posted a few days ago from C4: 

Unfortunately we have not been able to get an ETA for a fix (ref: DRIV-6057) on this issue from Jandy. This outage is affecting any automation integration into iAqualink - including Crestron and Savant systems as well. We will continue working with them but may need your help on pushing them - please email their team at productsupport@fluidra.com

I’ve been using this same driver for 4 years and never had any issues until a month or so ago. The odd thing with mine is I can’t use the iAquaLink app, which has always been a backup. When trying to login with the iAquaLink app, it shows that it’s trying to contact the controller, and after about a minute, I get a no network connection error. Everything else on my network works fine, so it’s not referring to my network, and the really odd thing is I can access and control iAquaLink through their website. I noticed that the green power LED on the side of the iAquaLink 2.0 device isn’t illuminated, but if it wasn’t receiving power, how am I able to access it via their website? I contacted iAquaLink support, and they suggested calling someone to come look at it. Since everything worked fine for 4 years through both the iAquaLink app and Control4, but now I can’t even login using the iAquaLink app makes me think it’s a driver related issue with iAquaLink.

• 2 weeks later...

I've contacted their product support email and it sounds like they are at least aware of the issue but I couldn't get an answer if they are actually working to address it or if they are deprecating support for this.

I would recommend everyone to email productsupport@fluidra.com to report this problem

35 minutes ago, l3anks said:

I've contacted their product support email and it sounds like they are at least aware of the issue but I couldn't get an answer if they are actually working to address it or if they are deprecating support for this.

I would recommend everyone to email productsupport@fluidra.com to report this problem

I also emailed, however I never received a reply.

Reply I got:

Thank you for reaching out to our team, we would be happy to assist you!  

We would like to hear more about the issue you are encountering, can you please call our office at your earliest opportunity anytime between 8am and 5pm Pacific, Monday through Friday? Our number is 800-822-7933.

Thanks,

Fluidra iAqualink Technical Support 

(O) 800-822-7933

2882 Whiptail Loop # 100, Carlsbad, CA 92010

FluidraUSA.com

9 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Reply I got:

Thank you for reaching out to our team, we would be happy to assist you!  

We would like to hear more about the issue you are encountering, can you please call our office at your earliest opportunity anytime between 8am and 5pm Pacific, Monday through Friday? Our number is 800-822-7933.

Thanks,

Fluidra iAqualink Technical Support 

(O) 800-822-7933

FluidraUSA.com

I got the same exact reply.

put my number in que for a call back.

I’ll try calling that number tomorrow

Here’s the reply that I was sent 

We are looking into these reports and will get some information from the Home Automation developer team.

Best Regards, 

Our office will be closed on Monday, May 31st for the Memorial Day holiday.  

Pool Owner Technical Support 

Technical Support Rep

(O) 800-822-7933

FluidraUSA.com

Ok just got off the phone with them and spoke to a young lady named Alison who indirectly informed me that the new API should be ready by “next week” and the reason for it, is “they moved to a new server”.

She also stated that they (Jandy) typically reaches out to the home automation companies to notify them once the API is ready.

Anyone else contact them ? Curious to see what reply they gave you?

thanks 

I just got off phone with a tech support rep who initially stated that they are aware of the issue, but that it was a Control4 issue, not a Jandy issue.  He then went and double-checked and was told that the Jandy team is working with Control4 on the API.  Hopefully fixed sometime soon within next 2 weeks.

Q:  Anyone know why when it first stopped working the interface for the pool showed on all Control4 navigators but just didn't do anything.  Now when I go into the Pool control it is a black screen that says "This device has not been configured.  Please contact your Smart Home Pro."

4 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

I just got off phone with a tech support rep who initially stated that they are aware of the issue, but that it was a Control4 issue, not a Jandy issue.  He then went and double-checked and was told that the Jandy team is working with Control4 on the API.  Hopefully fixed sometime soon within next 2 weeks.

Q:  Anyone know why when it first stopped working the interface for the pool showed on all Control4 navigators but just didn't do anything.  Now when I go into the Pool control it is a black screen that says "This device has not been configured.  Please contact your Smart Home Pro."

have you rebooted your controller?

Just got this reply from Jandy:

We made updates for improvements to our API a few days ago and have communicated with the various home automation systems (not sure which system you use- but we alerted them all). Unfortunately, they need to address the changes on their side now. We wish there was something we could do on our end. We suggest you reach out to your home automation company to see when they will fix their connection issues.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:30 PM, msgreenf said:

something they could do on there end?  Build a v2 api endpoint and give your partners time to migrate to it before you deprecate v1....novel idea, right?

Exactly - and it appears that people started having problems around April 22, hardly a few days ago unless that was caused by a different issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.