C4 Forums | Control4

IPad Mini or Infinity TS

Google and ye shall find!

POE to USB adapter for iPad enclosures: http://www.ipadenclosures.com/ipad_kiosk_enclosure/accessories/poe-to-usb-adapter-for-ipad

And on Amazon WS-POE-USB-Kit iPad / Tablet Remote charger via Ethernet cable up to 328 ft http://www.amazon.com/WS-POE-USB-Kit-Tablet-Remote-charger-Ethernet/dp/B00AH5XCLC

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks :)

How does everyone handle the auto lock on the ipads?

Is it annoying having to press the button, then swipe before you can use the ts?

Does anyone turn off autolock? - does this cause screen burn on the ipad?

You can put the control4 app into "dedicated mode" which will use a screensaver with the C4 logo and now playing info. A simple touch of the unlock button and you're good to go.

Those types of tools are pretty limited, and I would not expect any future versions of Control4's UI to be based on converted Flash code, especially since Control4's flash codebase is Flash 8, ActionScript 2.0 base, due to the Flash Lite player being used.

RyanE

Those types of tools are pretty limited, and I would not expect any future versions of Control4's UI to be based on converted Flash code, especially since Control4's flash codebase is Flash 8, ActionScript 2.0 base, due to the Flash Lite player being used.

RyanE

Ah good then we should expect Control4 to move towards HTML5 as to offer better interoperability? :D

I certainly am not implying that in the quote above, I think you're reading something into it. :)

Control4 doesn't pre-announce future technologies, products, or strategies, especially now that we're a public company.

I don't know what is on Control4's roadmap to eventually replace the Flash Lite currently used by the Navigators, and if I did know, I unfortunately couldn't say.

RyanE

I certainly am not implying that in the quote above, I think you're reading something into it. :)

Control4 doesn't pre-announce future technologies, products, or strategies, especially now that we're a public company.

I don't know what is on Control4's roadmap to eventually replace the Flash Lite currently used by the Navigators, and if I did know, I unfortunately couldn't say.

RyanE

Hmmm, what other alternative could it be :rolleyes:

Ah, they are using silverlight :lol:

RyanE

That's a hoot! Now that your public someone within the company will end up being the leak just like within Google, Apple, Samsung. They also don't pre-announce future tech but somehow all their future tech get pre-announced.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that with the c4 touchscreens, you get the ability to create Favorites and Custom Home screens.  I find that to be quite useful.  However I agree that the lack of swipe is a big problem on the c4 touchscreens.  I'm torn at the moment...I have 2 of the old 7" touchscreens installed...debating whether to update them to iPad minis, or Infinity Edge, or just wait it out and see what happens in terms of parity between the app and the native touchscreens.

• 1 year later...

This is an older thread but couldnt find anything with newer info. Is there full parity between iPads and c4 touch panels? Seems odd they would be different. Could I control pool from iPad mini? If not, what else can you not control? Audio like Pandora? Not sure I understand how the 4store apps in the system but they are not supported? In my Crestron setup, the iPad can be fully configured though admittedly with quite a bit of backend programming. Trying to decide between iPad minis and c4 touchscreens.

If you compare the iPad app to the new T3 Touchscreen, the app for the iPad does not do screen savers, alternate wall papers, weather and intercoms. The Touchscreen will also tend to be more reliable for drivers (e.g. The DSC IT100 security driver for OS2.8 does not give all the alarm panel feedback and the virtual keypad is not working fully; however, on the Touchscreen this is perfect).

If you compare these to the older generation (V2) Touchscreens, the V2s are much slower and don't have as slick a UI (flicking to scroll etc.) but have the 'advantage' of running C4 apps, allowing a custom home screen and facilitating bookmarks for programming. I suspect that the T3s will get most of these features over the next year but doubt the iPad app will.

Personally I would recommend the C4 Touchscreen route but it really is a matter of personal preference.

Archived