C4 Forums | Control4

First, I want to say that his thread is intended for use as information on the new requirements for 2.10 and is not intended to discuss it’s new features or their merit, other than listing any relevant features themselves.

As such please refrain from such discussions or arguments on this thread – to keep this one ‘clean’ for information purposes.

Should you see any errors or missing info on here, feel free to mention it and I will update the main article. Chances are I'll add items on here as more of the smaller details get clear.

The new operating version 2.10 comes with numerous limitations on hardware, so consider if it’s worth it to update – but also take these limitations into account if you’re buying older hardware from this point on.

Controllers:

ALL controllers older than the HC250/800 will now need to be REMOVED to go to 2.10

In other words, only HC250, HC800, EA-1, EA-3 and EA-5 can be in the system – all of them can RUN a system, but note that the HC250 cannot handle Spotify Connect (if running as a director).

The arguable exception is the I/O Extender ‘controllers’ as both V1 and V2 are fully supported, HOWEVER they will operate on a release version of 2.9.1, though that has no impact on their function. Note that these I/O units may well get updated later on if/as required.

Touchscreens/doorstation:

All touchscreens will continue to be supported, albeit with limitations.

T3 screens will update fully (and gain all new features).

V2 screens (wall and portable) will update to a terminal release of 2.9.1 and will not have all the new features. The screen MUST be using the newer (as in introduced several versions ago to replace the old intercom agent driver) communication agent driver or will block the update.

IE screens (5” and 7” both revisions) will update to a terminal release of 2.9.1 and will not have all the new features – and will not have a functional intercom ability. The screen MUST be using the newer (as in introduced several versions ago to replace the old intercom agent driver) communication agent driver or will block the update.

The older doorstation will remain functioning, albeit on a terminal release of 2.9.1, and needs to run the newer communication agent driver - the newer unit fully updates to 2.10

Speakerpoint:

The speakerpoint will remain supported under it’s existing terminal release version of 2.5.3. However UNLESS it’s used in local amp mode (ie loses it’s ability to stream music) it will block the system from using the advanced audio option. This is nothing new as such, but advanced audio is a requirement for the new Advanced Announcement option to work.

Lighting:

Don’t worry – all old lighting is fully supported. However as before, the new features for lighting will only apply to the current ‘gen3’ lighting.

Software/Driver:

-Spotify Connect will NOT be available if an HC250 is running director

-iHeart Radio is only certified for the USA

-Please note that if you are using 4Store drivers (including but not limited to StartHere, QuickControl and VideoWall) these will no longer work in 2.10

-MyQ Houselogix driver, and possibly other drivers that call to remote services, may experience issues in 2.10, the extend is unclear at this time - this appears due to changes in the underlying system and should be fixed via driver updates

-The native Media Scan option will not populate cover art at this time - under investigation.

Minor Considerations:

-Advanced Announcements

Just note that the new options will not automatically 'activate' and that you'll have to go in and set things yourself/your dealer will have to. Also note that only T3 screens can ‘ring’ and that it requires Advanced Audio to be running to work. Note that the speed increase should happen by itself, provided you have Advanced Audio running already, but that any programming to work with the existing delay, volume transitions etc will need to be manually removed.

-Panelised Lighting now have auto on/off

Just keep in mind that if you activate this feature that existing programming to mimick this may need to be removed

-Changes to Advanced Lighting Scenes

The change means a MUCH higher limit in the number of scenes (4096 vs 256) but it DOES mean there is now a limit of 10 actions per light (that said, there are no known cases of someone using even 10)

11 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Advanced Announcements

Note that this will require redoing existing announcements and will not automatically transfer. Also note that only T3 screens can ‘ring’ and that it requires Advanced Audio to be running to work.

Can you expand in this?  What does "require redoing existing announcements and will not automatically transfer" mean?

4 hours ago, thegreatheed said:

There's also no new 'advanced announcement' agent. It's just lots of improvements to announcements that require advanced audio to be enabled. If advanced audio isn't enabled, announcements will function like they did before.

Fair, it's not it's own agent I'll change the wording there - but note that this is C4's own terminology otherwise so I'll stick to Advanced Announcement as such

15 minutes ago, Gene said:

Can you clarify 'Advanced Audio'...how is it enabled?  Only working on EA Controllers?

Advanced Audio goes back to 2.6 it is automatically enabled PROVIDED there is nothing preventing it from being used. As of 2.10 that would now be only if you have a speakerpoint running as a streaming device (not on local amp mode).

Advanced Audio is a system service and runds on the HC250 and 800 as well - not to be confused with the HD/High-Rez audio that is limited to EA controllers (and the new Triad One speakerpoint replacement)

I have a question around the Spotify Connect implementation..

It's largely a software implementation right? 

I have an HC800 and I have read around here that is OK..

So I can get one Spotify endpoint renamed in composer, I get that, but how do I call up where to direct the Spotify Connect stream/ ie which room>? that still involve a Control4 button press??? At the moment I hit Heos in the C4 room I'm in and simply direct Spotify Connect to Heos. Is there some other way in programming with the new driver and C4 Connect Spotify implementation? ? Thanks W 

Hi, Any known issues identified yet after the upgrade?   Will Cinegration Doorbird driver work, Chowmain BAF driver without reinstalling?   Thanks!   Not sure but maybe a thread has been started already on listing know bugs or drivers that have to be reinstated after the upgrade.  Thx

7 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Wap, as mentioned in the original post, please refrain from asking questions on how features work in this thread - there's the features thread for that or of course feel free to start a thread about the new driver specifically

Sure. Ok CY Sorry about that. Just noticed your Spotify Connect thread. Thanks for starting that. 

56 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

Hi, Any known issues identified yet after the upgrade?   Will Cinegration Doorbird driver work, Chowmain BAF driver without reinstalling?   Thanks!   Not sure but maybe a thread has been started already on listing know bugs or drivers that have to be reinstated after the upgrade.  Thx

As it happens I just added something about StartHere, in general any know software/driver issues will appear on the list.

36 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Your system has to be updated to 2.10, then when you login to customer.control4.com it will show up for you. It won't show until you update

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

ah ok, that explains it.   Many thanks.  I seem to recall in the past it had a drop down of all the versions available.  

5 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

Your v2 touch screens will continue to function as they do in 2.9.1. They will work with the new intercom features, but might be limited.

For full intercom and other functionality, T3 touch screen are obviously recommended.

How do I get my screen savers back?

Archived