C4 Forums | Control4

OS3.2

Disclaimer: Before I get in to too much trouble...  no, I am not ITK... and no, I don’t know anything...

My question is... are we going to see OS3.2 this week?  I would expect to see OS3.2, some cool new features and some hardware releases this week (tomorrow or Thursday) given that ISE Europe starts tomorrow and the C4 keynote address is (I think) on Thursday...

There have been no good rumors for a while 🤐

@Gary Leeds UK this one is for you because @RyanE is not allowed to comment 🤣

11 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Not sure, my mole has a new job after the snap Takeover.

you would imagine a update of some kind 

sorry

10 minutes ago, RyanE said:

It's usually not a bad bet to assume that Control4 will release an OS update before CEDIA and ISE.

I'll of course neither confirm nor deny it...  :)

RyanE

Thank you both...

I am sure that we will all be watching the next day or 2 with interest,

46 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Disclaimer: Before I get in to too much trouble...  no, I am not ITK... and no, I don’t know anything...

My question is... are we going to see OS3.2 this week?  I would expect to see OS3.2, some cool new features and some hardware releases this week (tomorrow or Thursday) given that ISE Europe starts tomorrow and the C4 keynote address is (I think) on Thursday...

Control4 is very tight lipped on upcoming features and software. Pretty sure it solidified their reasoning after the announcement of the intercom agent and the ensuing months of people complaining it was not finished yet.

What control badly needs for Europe are:

different mounting mechanisms / adapter for standard faceplate (System 55/50) with color matching keypads for the lineup keypads, dimmers and switches - yeah and a price drop to 200-220€ for the dimmer.

Otherwise they'll never compete with KNX installations.

But I am sure that I'll be disappointed again at ISE and will probably die I of age before that ever happens...

3 hours ago, blub said:

What control badly needs for Europe are:

different mounting mechanisms / adapter for standard faceplate (System 55/50) with color matching keypads for the lineup keypads, dimmers and switches - yeah and a price drop to 200-220€ for the dimmer.

Otherwise they'll never compete with KNX installations.

But I am sure that I'll be disappointed again at ISE and will probably die I of age before that ever happens...

And how does this relate to OS3.2?

On 2/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Does anybody know what happened here?  Did the event take place?  Did C4 have a keynote?  Any new C4 products or releases?  

I see that a new version of the app has appeared in the iStore... it has a very weird version number (OS320.06.0 but this does seem to hint that OS3.2 is close?  Anyone know what this is all about? Change in numbering convention? Or is OS3.2 not ready but there was a need to release the iOS app early? Or?

DDCDC0CD-8179-4C38-9267-EF5D1F077A34.png

I see that a new version of the app has appeared in the iStore... it has a very weird version number (OS320.06.0 but this does seem to hint that OS3.2 is close?  Anyone know what this is all about? Change in numbering convention? Or is OS3.2 not ready but there was a need to release the iOS app early? Or?

DDCDC0CD-8179-4C38-9267-EF5D1F077A34.thumb.png.7d0a319b930421e09c92db4009a79ddc.png

Great question. I’m very curious myself. Mine updated a few hours ago. When I get hone this evening I’ll test to see if I notice any speed connectivity improvements. Not expecting that but sure would be nice.

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

DDCDC0CD-8179-4C38-9267-EF5D1F077A34.png

Hi @South Africa C4 user I am a member of the Control4 iOS development team and while I can't provide any information about future releases, I can provide some insight into the change in app versioning.  As part of our initiative on the mobile development team, customers will be seeing more frequent updates to the app.  Because of this our app versioning convention will be different than that of the OS releases.

8 minutes ago, bnorman said:

As part of our initiative on the mobile development team, customers will be seeing more frequent updates to the app.  Because of this our app versioning convention will be different than that of the OS releases.

Similarly, the Neeo Remote 'component' updates have their own versioning, independent of the Control4 OS Version numbers, and happen so far about every couple of months.

I think you can expect more devices from Control4 using component updates, and becoming less and less tied to the full OS release schedule.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.