C4 Forums | Control4

What Did You Automate Today?

8 hours ago, alanchow said:

Yup.  Tuya is my new pet passion.  It’s powering a lot of obscure devices which are different from the usual suspects.

lots of cool stuff and if you haven’t used it yet you should

Cool, my dog hates them, I just gave away all my romba’s 🥲

On 10/20/2021 at 9:31 AM, ILoveC4 said:

This is essentially just 3 relays which can be activated via whatever protocol garage door openers use…am I understanding that correctly?

Yes, that’s exactly what it is but it uses the existing lift master openers. You can program home link buttons in your car to tigger the relays. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/6/2020 at 7:12 PM, vitali said:

Automated Garburator. Don't want to touch button with dirty hands. Can control it with voice commands. Did 4 sec timer for it (so need to turn it on only). My wife started to use and she likes it.

If the wife likes, its an automation win.  My garburator is batch feed, but for continuous this is a great idea.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:23 AM, msgreenf said:

Let's see...

In no order

Room control
IFTTT
Bond
Alarm driver - insert your flavor
Hvac driver - insert your flavor

Maybe it's a top 6?
But with this collection there is virtually nothing you can't automate

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Great suggestions.  I have Aprilaire 8920w wifi thermostats.  Do you know if any of the drivers available are compatible with this?

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?&q=&fq=manufacturer:"Aprilaire"

I have been spending a lot of time recently improving the visual feedback in my system.  There are a lot of great drivers that allow one to automate things (and these have been mentioned in this thread and elsewhere).  Many of these also give feedback for what they automate (via the relevant proxy or the driver’s experience button(s)).

However, one also wants to give general feedback from time time (for variables included in one’s project and for automation where the underlying driver does not give visual feedback).

I currently rely on 3 drivers for this sort of feedback / visualisation, namely:

1. My go to driver for visual feedback, via Experience Buttons, is bNet Solutions bIconsdriver which has a large number of icon sets and the more recent version is architecturally phenomenal in that it’s use of system resources is minimised,
  2. The Janus technology BMS driver remains an incredible driver for graphing the history of (and storing) any and all historic data.
  3. The Custom Info driver by Barbini is great for displaying text feedback (with interactive control) via a webpage which can mirror the wallpaper of the room you are in.

It is worth giving a special mention to 3 other generic feedback / control drivers:

1. The Chowmain Experience Button Suite was (I think) the first driver suite of this nature and I still have 100’s of instances of these drivers across my 2 projects.
  2. The Blackwire emoji driver suite was the first driver with (literally) 100s of icons available for experience buttons.  Apart from bIcons, I am not aware of any other driver (suite) with this sort of volume of icons for feedback.
  3. Domosapiens Mult Experience button was (to the best of my knowledge) the first driver (suite) to bring complex LED type feedback to the Navigators.

7 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

My go to driver for visual feedback, via Experience Buttons, is bNet Solutions bIconsdriver which has a large number of icon sets and the more recent version is architecturally phenomenal in that it’s use of system resources is minimised,

I am only new seeing the bNet Solutions drivers. Not sure why they are not using Driver Central but i will be getting this icon driver. Thanks for sharing!

The Janus BMS driver is one of my favorites!

9 minutes ago, C4 User said:

I am only new seeing the bNet Solutions drivers. Not sure why they are not using Driver Central but i will be getting this icon driver. Thanks for sharing!

What are some examples of how “visual feedback” can be used?

1 hour ago, C4 User said:

Yes, bNet Solutions uses their own licensing system as do a few others (like Annex4 etc.) which does make it more complicated keeping track of where there are (good) new drivers.

3 hours ago, C4 User said:

If you do download bIcons make sure you get the latest version which was only uploaded on bNet solutions an hour or so ago (I have had the privilege of having a beta version of the latest version and apart from lots of additional icon sets, it’s architecture is much improved to minimise the use of system resources).

3 hours ago, ajd123 said:

What are some examples of how “visual feedback” can be used?

A few examples of how I use bIcons:

1. A fuel tank icon (experience button) which displays anything from 0 to 100 representing the level of diesel in my generator tank.

2. a voltage icon (there are 3 different sets of these for 110 volt countries, 240 volt countries and low voltage devices).  I use the 220/230/240 volt version to display the current voltage on each of the phases of electricity entering my house. From memory, this displays Low, anything from 180 to 270 and high.  I use the low voltage one to show my generator battery voltage.  Currently showing 27.5.

3. Transport control icons (which I use on my Neeo to control my various AV devices as I prefer these to to the proxy views for Apple TV etc.

4. Sun (Solar) icons which range from -990 (green text) to +990 (red text) in steps of 5 and steps of 1 for 0 to 100 which I use to display my electricity consumption for the day, grid power for the day, solar power for the day and generator power generated for the day.

5. Various general 0 to 100 icon sets which I use to display various variables.

6. There must be 30 or 40 icon sets, so the above is really just the tip of the iceberg,

I use the BMS driver to graph (line, bar, pie and status bar) various items over time (including some of the above - E.g. I graph the level of diesel in my generator over time - day, week  month, year).  Other items that I graph include:

1. Temperatures in every room and outside;

2. Security status (armed, doors open, not armed but doors closed),

3. Voltages,

4. Diesel levels,

5. Aircon and underfloor heating states,

6. rainfall,

7. water usage,

8. power usage

etc.

4 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If you do download bIcons make sure you get the latest version which was only uploaded on bNet solutions an hour or so ago (I have had the privilege of having a beta version of the latest version and apart from lots of additional icon sets, it’s architecture is much improved to minimise the use of system resources).

I definitely getting the driver. Can you tell me the latest version?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.