C4 Forums | Control4

New iOS "combined" app not receiving incoming calls from DoorStation

Nitin

I dont even get that. If I am not home, this new "combined" app does not react  at all and I will never know that someone was at the door. Kinda defeats the entire purpose.

I am thinking of reinstalling the Intercom app for now until C4 figures out the issues.

2 hours ago, James McKernan said:

I dont even get that. If I am not home, this new "combined" app does not react  at all and I will never know that someone was at the door. Kinda defeats the entire purpose.

I am thinking of reinstalling the Intercom app for now until C4 figures out the issues.

This won't work, there is no old app u can return to, better u fix the current issue, so let me ask u the right questions, u probably don't have many users and you need to have individual user's and passwords for the app to work correctly, one user name for all apps and all phones will not work, can u do that?  In customer.control4.com make different users with different emails and log out of C4 app, now use the newley created user info, emails and passworks to loging to C4 app and all your issues will disappear ...

9 minutes ago, Amr said:

This won't work, there is no old app u can return too, better u fix the current issue, so let me ask u the right questions, u probably don't have many users and you need to have individual user's and passwords for the app to work correctly, one user name for all apps and all phones will not work, can u do that?  In customer.control4.com make different users with different emails and log out of C4 app, now use the newley created user info, emails and passworks to loging to C4 app and all your issues will disappear ...

I have two different user accounts that were using the old Intercom app. Both were signed in on their individual phones and everything worked fine.

So it is just a matter of logging out and logging back in with these existing accounts (on each individual phone/device)?

39 minutes ago, James McKernan said:

I have two different user accounts that were using the old Intercom app. Both were signed in on their individual phones and everything worked fine.

So it is just a matter of logging out and logging back in with these existing accounts (on each individual phone/device)?

Yes

If you have issues after logging out of each system and logging back in, it would be good to call a dealer or Control4 customer advocacy.

The change is one-way, the old intercom app will only work with OS2 systems.

Also note: iOS will not have early media, you will have to answer to see anything.

Just now, Dunamivora said:

If you have issues after logging out of each system and logging back in, it would be good to call a dealer or Control4 customer advocacy.

The change is one-way, the old intercom app will only work with OS2 systems.

Also note: iOS will not have early media, you will have to answer to see anything.

"Early media"? What is that? Do you mean I will have to answer the door bell in order to see audio/video?

Just now, Atrunco said:

Thanks for the above hints - got it working after logging out and back in.  

This may be a dumb question, but since iPads have cameras and mics, why doesn’t the Intercom icon show up on the iPad version of the app?

intercom anywhere is not a feature of the ipad app

18 minutes ago, Atrunco said:

Thanks for the above hints - got it working after logging out and back in.  

This may be a dumb question, but since iPads have cameras and mics, why doesn’t the Intercom icon show up on the iPad version of the app?

C4 wants you to buy a t4 🙂.  Hence feature removed 

5 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

C4 wants you to buy a t4 🙂.  Hence feature removed 

If that is the reason, it is disappointing - this would be a great iPad feature and good for users…. I have plenty of T3s and T4s (and have thus spent with C4) but I have no desire for a portable T4 but would like intercom on my iPad… I still wouldn’t put an iPad on a wall.

If the decision is really all about money then charge a once off fee equal to the profit margin on a T4 for access to the intercom on an iPad.  I for one would pay up.

2 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If that is the reason, it is disappointing - this would be a great iPad feature and good for users…. I have plenty of T3s and T4s (and have thus spent with C4) but I have no desire for a portable T4 but would like intercom on my iPad… I still wouldn’t put an iPad on a wall.

If the decision is really all about money then charge a once off fee equal to the profit margin on a T4 for access to the intercom on an iPad.  I for one would pay up.

Can you think of any other reason why they block it from tablets and not phones?  

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Look at Linphone for the iPad.  You can use other SIP apps with c4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.