C4 Forums | Control4

OS3.3.2

22 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

There are some nice camera changes, including the ability to reorder the cameras in the app / on a Touchscreen, a nicer interface for PTZ control and live thumbnails…

Do they have 4k or 1080p cameras streaming on the Gui - That's what we are looking for - so we can program the Camera jumps on Senor activation 

App works great 

11 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Do they have 4k or 1080p cameras streaming on the Gui - That's what we are looking for - so we can program the Camera jumps on Senor activation 

App works great 

I’m not sure.  Supported cameras (Luma only at present - I think - sounds like other cameras will be added over time) will automatically choose the best available stream that is supported by the hardware in your setup.  My understanding is that this is on a lowest common denominator basis.  What is not clear to me is what the best quality that can be.  For instance,  Core controllers can do a 4K OSD - can they technically handle a 4K camera stream? I’ve no idea!

Edited by South Africa C4 user

New in the proxy (indeed not available yet, the x20 Luma series is more or less a launch test it would seem) is the ability for the driver to talk to the IP cam and see what streams are available and select the best option.

What this means for cams above 1080p (1080p already being supported on certain GUIs) that the drivers can auto select 2nd/3rd etc streams, leaving the main stream on a higher resolution. This replaces the need to force select a certain stream - a function which is already available now, and has been for some time.

You can't actually show a 4K signal on a 1080p device, so no you won't get 4K cameras stream on a T3 (though you can try and explain how in the world you'd know the difference on a 10" screen to begin with).

As with the 2nd/3rd stream support that had been available all along, you can still record your cameras at their full rez this way. The difference lying in the new ability to auto select the BEST option automatically, dynamically, based on what interface you're using. So while your T3 would be stuck at a 1080p rez, a future touchscreen or controller or possibly phone app that is 4K, or 8K or whatever capable will automatically grab the next higher rez it supports.

I'll not claim to know the intricacies involved, but one would assume there will be some limit on devices (or protocols used by devices) that would work with this new feature (assuming/once C4 releases the capability for use beyond the new Luma setup).

I can't speak to the live thumbnail, but I can speak to the speed at which cameras load now. When local it's almost instantaneous, no loading spinner at all. This is a huge improvement over the 1-2s load time from before. It feels incredibly responsive.

Also, does the new camera proxy support higher resolutions? I just set all my unifi cameras to High resolution and haven't run into any resolution issues in my clients. Maybe the Unifi camera driver devs knew of the changes and already implemented the stream selection updates. I dont know. But my cameras have never performed better! Pinch zooming on a high resolution feed is awesome.

18 hours ago, Cyknight said:

New in the proxy (indeed not available yet, the x20 Luma series is more or less a launch test it would seem) is the ability for the driver to talk to the IP cam and see what streams are available and select the best option.

What this means for cams above 1080p (1080p already being supported on certain GUIs) that the drivers can auto select 2nd/3rd etc streams, leaving the main stream on a higher resolution. This replaces the need to force select a certain stream - a function which is already available now, and has been for some time.

You can't actually show a 4K signal on a 1080p device, so no you won't get 4K cameras stream on a T3 (though you can try and explain how in the world you'd know the difference on a 10" screen to begin with).

As with the 2nd/3rd stream support that had been available all along, you can still record your cameras at their full rez this way. The difference lying in the new ability to auto select the BEST option automatically, dynamically, based on what interface you're using. So while your T3 would be stuck at a 1080p rez, a future touchscreen or controller or possibly phone app that is 4K, or 8K or whatever capable will automatically grab the next higher rez it supports.

I'll not claim to know the intricacies involved, but one would assume there will be some limit on devices (or protocols used by devices) that would work with this new feature (assuming/once C4 releases the capability for use beyond the new Luma setup).

So is the Gui on Core Controllers and T4 Showing 4k or 1080p ? 

Our cameras are all Hikvision and we are using Alan Driver 

Would we need to change the driver to Hikvison C4 driver for this to work ?

At the moment out system works great apart from the Jumps to screen on Sensor activations which just looks crap 

If we are going to spend about £7k updating controllers and Touch Screen just like to make sure we are getting a good picture on the Camera Jumps 

13 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

I updated my home system to 3.2.2 last night and just checked and I'm not seeing a live thumbnail...any idea why that might be?  Chime doorbell cam.

Strange! I, getting live thumbnails on all my regular cameras (but I don’t have Chimes) and have not checked my DS2s… will try and check now.

3 hours ago, jimbones said:

I can't speak to the live thumbnail, but I can speak to the speed at which cameras load now. When local it's almost instantaneous, no loading spinner at all. This is a huge improvement over the 1-2s load time from before. It feels incredibly responsive.

Also, does the new camera proxy support higher resolutions? I just set all my unifi cameras to High resolution and haven't run into any resolution issues in my clients. Maybe the Unifi camera driver devs knew of the changes and already implemented the stream selection updates. I dont know. But my cameras have never performed better! Pinch zooming on a high resolution feed is awesome.

I spoke too soon. After 4hrs cameras have crapped out, dropped resolution back to medium/low. Bummer!

7 hours ago, jimbones said:

Totally agree with the improved speed.  Connection to my Chime camera when I get a notification over cellular or wifi is night and day faster.

On 1/20/2023 at 11:56 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

So my T4 is giving me live cameras in grid view which I really like.  My iPad is only giving me live cameras in list view (which I am not mad on)…

Grid view is based on the Snapshot speed of the cameras and the navigator. They are doing a lot to allow the device viewing cameras to select speed and resolution.  

4 hours ago, jimbones said:

Cinegration is working on an update for the the Unifi nvr protect/gateway drivers. Stay tuned for more info!

The driver update is now complete: https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/security-systems/unifi-protect/

Note: Turn OFF Medium RTSP stream and Turn ON Low and High streams in UniFi.  There's something wrong with this specific stream resolution where the framerate is coming in wonky... Thus C4 can't view the medium livestream.  

• Update to use new camera_v2 proxy commands (Control4 OS3.3.2+)
    • Added dynamic snapshots
    • Added liveview (iPhone)
    • Added support for different resolutions
    • Added line cross detection events
    • Added Package detection events
    • Added motion detection to Protect Light driver
    • Fixed issue with Protect light not toggling

UniFi Protect Control4 drivers (20230118).zip

52 minutes ago, Cinegration said:

The driver update is now complete: https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/security-systems/unifi-protect/

Note: Turn OFF Medium RTSP stream and Turn ON Low and High streams in UniFi.  There's something wrong with this specific stream resolution where the framerate is coming in wonky... Thus C4 can't view the medium livestream.  

UniFi Protect Control4 drivers (20230118).zip 1.91 MB · 0 downloads

Gave this an install earlier today and she's working beautifully! Great job @cinegration! Package detection, auto stream quality selection, and snapshot support is amazing.

1 hour ago, Cinegration said:

UniFi Protect Control4 drivers (20230118).zip 1.91 MB · 0 downloads

Wow - that's a great update - thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.