C4 Forums | Control4

Savant vs C4

4 hours ago, Control4Savant said:

There will be an incoming update to the C4 app specific that will bring them closer to what Savant has, hopefully without much issue. Again while this is something like mant things that have existed in the Savant UI for many years, C4 has the ability to close these gaps on simple system UI function. 

Gr8, reminds me with Android vs IOS. Am an IOS fanboy BTW 😊

4 hours ago, Control4Savant said:

We are trying to compare systems. You are gatekeeping. Ignore the thread if you don’t want to participate. 

Am waiting for you to start anything on the Savant front!

11 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

How does that relate to needing certain settings, brands or updates that are unnecessary to those other brands for basic service like a smart remote?  

How does having a poorly designed Network support anything that relies on Network? 

If his network is fine except for the performance of one product thats not an “network issue”, so starting that other brands have would have equal failures on poor performant network is irrelevant to the fact that those other brands dont need to work through the various recent posts on network “service” you feel is appropriate to just add a handheld remote. Your are moving the goalposts. 

Similar to intercom, the solution can’t be to change cell networks. 

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Neeo is auto updated. It's not about the neeo. It's your network. Neeo is only as good as your network. C4 and automation are only as good as your network. You have network issues.  It's clear from our exchanges. 

To be fair, the Neeo hardware does have known issues (regarding its WiFI chipset).  This was a problem prior to Control4 purchasing and releasing their own version of the Neeo.

It's always been fairly reliable for me (I run Unifi switching and WAP) -- although it does have it's moments occasionally.  

5 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

If his network is fine except for the performance of one product thats not an “network issue”, so starting that other brands have would have equal failures on poor performant network is irrelevant to the fact that those other brands dont need to work through the various recent posts on network “service” you feel is appropriate to just add a handheld remote. Your are moving the goalposts. 

He is reporting his network goes down every day and he can't get to the internet or use c4 during that time. His network is not ok. 

4 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

To be fair, the Neeo hardware does have known issues (regarding its WiFI chipset).  This was a problem prior to Control4 purchasing and releasing their own version of the Neeo.

It's always been fairly reliable for me (I run Unifi) -- although it does have its moments occasionally.  

To be fair… there is a lot of negative discussion about the Halo remotes between the pro channels. 

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

He is reporting his network goes down every day and he can't get to the internet or use c4 during that time. His network is not ok. 

Guess you’re not referring to me then. Sorry. We don’t have internet issues when we have C4 issues. 

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Thats fair…but dealers do this at the expense of the end uses with a lot with issues that ultimately have to be solved on C4s end. We have seen it repeatedly lately and there are regular posts here about it. My dealer said to replace x…then y… then z. 

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

OS and firmware are the same thing. Different terms. 

They’re not. Sorry. Computer OS’s update frequently. No one in their right kind expects consumers to update router or AP or BIOS on a computer with any frequency. 

Just now, penn65000 said:

They’re not. Sorry. Computer OS’s update frequently. No one in their right kind expects consumers to update router or AP or BIOS on a computer with any frequency. 

I don't agree but this wouldn't be the first time we haven't agreed 

15 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

Apple and oranges. OS isn’t firmware. Yes once/year is fine for firmware. All our other Wi-Fi devices are fine. 

7 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

Regardless if it is "right" or not, you should update your router and switches more than 1x a year with firmware updates for basic security reasons.  I would beg to think MOST people use the modem/switch all in 1 device given by a cable/telco provider and that ISP provider is likely pushing their own updates to the devices.  If you own/manage the device, and decide to update it 1x a  year, well, then that is your decision, and I would bet not a smart one.

19 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

I believe @lippavisual asked if he has other issues with mobile devices like phones, tablets or computers etc just doing normal stuff and not sure there was a direct answer.  But if there are other internet problems, it is likely not a C4 issue per se.  

22 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Wow! 

How did i miss this?? LOL

want my 2 pence? 

For us it comes down to which interface the end user likes the best & That's it. 

Pretty much lol. Support load is mostly the same between all the major systems. 

Honestly, all of the major systems are a tradeoff between cost, customisability, flexibility and scalability.

One thing that is true though, is that none of the major systems require installers to constantly run maintenance lol (especially if things are properly set up) but if it's a multi million dollar home, for security reasons and other reasons, it's sometimes a good idea to (at least return and run firmware upgrades, etc)

2 hours ago, penn65000 said:

Guess you’re not referring to me then. Sorry. We don’t have internet issues when we have C4 issues. 

I literally have posts where you say your network's down and you can't get to the internet. That's not a control for issue

15 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I literally have posts where you say your network's down and you can't get to the internet. That's not a control for issue

????  Not me. You’re making this up. If you have them then post them. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.