C4 Forums | Control4

Savant vs C4

Why pple complains from Neeo’s or T4’s or whatever in a Savant vs C4 topic, I didn’t see one single line to put these systems head-to-head, I read nothing except complaints and bad experiences that is unfortunate to some and has nothing to do with the topic!?

6 hours ago, Amr said:

Why pple complains from Neeo’s or T4’s or whatever in a Savant vs C4 topic,

Because the topic itself actually flowed from complaints about a Neeo (and Halo) in particular.

Why do you think I responded with a yawn initially?

It was never actually about comparing the two, it's about bitching about something people want to bitch about. Which is fine I suppose, just getting a little tired....

17 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Because the topic itself actually flowed from complaints about a Neeo (and Halo) in particular.

It was never actually about comparing the two, it's about bitching about something people want to bitch about. Which is fine I suppose, just getting a little tired....

Personally. Getting very tired. 

4 hours ago, Cyknight said:

But we don’t want to stop pple from complaining, it’s just not the right topic or place, let’s close this thread, it’s not getting us anywhere, or change the title to C4 Hardware issues which can be more relevant to where we are right now!

23 hours ago, penn65000 said:

So suspect you’ve not installed any Neeos or T4s correct?

@Control4SavantOnce again, we weren't overwhelmed by thousands of installers calling through for assistance today. Maybe 1-2 tickets today for me personally, and I actually greatly improved a few drivers (such as ELK M1 V2, and Chowmain Light Groups) and 2 unreleased ones. 

@penn65000  T4's weren't a thing when I was an installer, no issues with T3's at all though (I think 1 faulty one), and only had NEEO issues when they were first launched. 

It's actually very easy to find installers who don't have connectivity issues (and, as I have requested before, I'd love to hear your exact network setup to get an idea of if its related to your issues).

29 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

@Control4SavantOnce again, we weren't overwhelmed by thousands of installers calling through for assistance today. Maybe 1-2 tickets today for me personally, and I actually greatly improved a few drivers (such as ELK M1 V2, and Chowmain Light Groups) and 2 unreleased ones. 

Congrats?  Your service load doesn't represent anything. 

4 hours ago, Amr said:

But we don’t want to stop pple from complaining, it’s just not the right topic or place, let’s close this thread, it’s not getting us anywhere, or change the title to C4 Hardware issues which can be more relevant to where we are right now!

We are trying to compare systems. You are gatekeeping. Ignore the thread if you don’t want to participate. 

There will be an incoming update to the C4 app specific that will bring them closer to what Savant has, hopefully without much issue. Again while this is something like mant things that have existed in the Savant UI for many years, C4 has the ability to close these gaps on simple system UI function. 

44 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

@penn65000  T4's weren't a thing when I was an installer, no issues with T3's at all though (I think 1 faulty one), and only had NEEO issues when they were first launched. 

It's actually very easy to find installers who don't have connectivity issues (and, as I have requested before, I'd love to hear your exact network setup to get an idea of if its related to your issues).

Internet all C4 dealer installed and all ruckus. 

6 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

Congrats?  Your service load doesn't represent anything. 

We are trying to compare systems. You are gatekeeping. Ignore the thread if you don’t want to participate. 

1 minute ago, Control4Savant said:

There will be an incoming update to the C4 app specific that will bring them closer to what Savant has, hopefully without much issue. Again while this is something like other things something thats existed in the Savant UI for many years, C4 has the ability to close these gaps on simple system UI function. 

You said installers on c4 were always needing to fix things. Point being, reliability of c4 is not the issue you claimed it is....

20 hours ago, msgreenf said:

I have good neeo network experiences - I just find the device lags too much refreshing. Don't think that is network

This is my Neeo experience also (only 2 Neeos).  Absolutely love my T4s (6 of the, across 2 houses - no issues and a pick step up from the T3).

I do agree that the Neeo lacks in numerous aspects (backlit buttons and power being the main two issues).  Looking forward to the Halo Touch.

2 hours ago, penn65000 said:

Internet all C4 dealer installed and all ruckus. 

To re-iterate, these products only work as good as your dealer designed and configured them.

Zero issues with Neeo and Halo using Ruckus product.

Most installers I’ve encountered in many industries literally unbox it and install it.  Seldom do I see any of these people actually test and fine tune the product. 

50 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

To re-iterate, these products only work as good as your dealer designed and configured them.

Zero issues with Neeo and Halo using Ruckus product.

Most installers I’ve encountered in many industries literally unbox it and install it.  Seldom do I see any of these people actually test and fine tune the product. 

I guess could be but they used ruckus gear and no issues with our other wireless devices, just neeos. 

4 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

Once/year firmware updates too infrequent? Not sure that makes sense to me. 

I think so. Not that I think you should take updates day 1. But I think you should update quarterly or more often if you have issues 

Just now, msgreenf said:

I think so. Not that I think you should take updates day 1. But I think you should update quarterly or more often if you have issues 

C4 can’t possibly depend on quarterly firmware updates to solve neeo issues. Most don’t update at all. I just have dealer update yearly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.