C4 Forums | Control4

What's Going On With The Halo Touch

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

There have been many updates. Kinda lost track of how many... 

Could you please list a few of the updates that you think were significant? I know they did add volume on the screen, but only when you change the volume, so you can't see the current volume without adjusting it. Other than that, I can't think of much else, other than adjustments for the battery and the typical bug fixes.

Good questions...not sure if Mitch or any of us really are privy to the roadmap and timelines...they don't share that stuff with dealers unfortunately.  Agreed shades and locks would be nice to have...my main concern at this point is that the Halos seem to lose their connection to the controller every so often, perhaps when the controller is rebooted or offline for a bit, they don't seem to gracefully re-connect even once the controller is available again...I've had to do a factory reset and re-connect.

4 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Good questions...not sure if Mitch or any of us really are privy to the roadmap and timelines...they don't share that stuff with dealers unfortunately.  Agreed shades and locks would be nice to have...my main concern at this point is that the Halos seem to lose their connection to the controller every so often, perhaps when the controller is rebooted or offline for a bit, they don't seem to gracefully re-connect even once the controller is available again...I've had to do a factory reset and re-connect.

that is definitely been an issue here (the connect and re-connect).  Fortunately of the 7 Halo's I have they so far in the last month (fingers crossed) only require a restart of the remote themselves.  In some rooms I've put the Halo's away for time being since they don't have all the standard C4/NEEO functionality and setup some Josh remotes with scene programming and voice that lock the doors, close the shades, trigger scenes without creating extensive composer home programming.  Hopefully C4 will do a better job of getting feature sets rolled out sooner than this long lag time on these type of feature sets.

Haven't had any dropped connections, but my Halo Touch will just restart on its own, out of nowhere, every so often. Isn't a huge deal, but odd. 

Can't tell you the number of times I grabbed for the Halo Touch to close a shade, only to remember... 

But even with the those issues, I wouldn't trade it back for the NEEO! 

1 hour ago, BY96 said:

Haven't had any dropped connections, but my Halo Touch will just restart on its own, out of nowhere, every so often. Isn't a huge deal, but odd. 

Can't tell you the number of times I grabbed for the Halo Touch to close a shade, only to remember... 

But even with the those issues, I wouldn't trade it back for the NEEO! 

agree that it's better tactile and as an interface than a NEEO.  Just frustrating their very slow timeline to deliver a fully functional remote.  2022 introduced the non-touch at CEDIA and ISE and teased a touch unit.  Then did same at ISE/CEDIA this year and still don't have full basic functionality expected.  Comparing to the other majors that released their remotes that were fully functional on those elements is pretty sad IMO

Issue I have is remotes will just randomly stop sending whatever I’m sending although the remote itself seems responsive. Luckily it only requires me to restart the remote itself to fix it, but does get annoying. I’ve seen this on both Touch and Non touch versions although it is more frequent on Touch version and I haven’t seen it happen in a while on my non touch. 

21 minutes ago, DanITman said:

I still have two remotes at most of my watching locations.  A neeo and a halo.  The halo just doesn't work sometimes so I have another remote to reach for.  It has gotten better but its not as good as the sr-260 or neeo. 

agreed and wish they were quicker with the OTA updates and the feature sets.  Sold all my NEEO's which wish I kept one for examples you mentioned.  In addition to C4 I have Josh.ai layered and use their AVA/Josh remotes for the guest bedrooms.  They are locked down by my config and setup for A/V and then scenes.  It's been a real nice ease of use feature for guests to not be confused by a ton of buttons and options and can use any voice command for their guest rooms that don't affect any other room/zone

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

I still have two remotes at most of my watching locations.  A neeo and a halo.  The halo just doesn't work sometimes so I have another remote to reach for.  It has gotten better but its not as good as the sr-260 or neeo. 

Same here, but I lead with the SR260 lol. No Neeo since I still use TiVo STBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.