C4 Forums | Control4

New Handheld SR Remote Control?

23 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Don't know the cost - but 600-700 for the Neeo (as is) is pretty high.  It doesn't even have actual buttons for most things.  Control4 should take notes from the new Creston remote.

Crestron has 2 new remotes. No touchscreen for 400 and one with a touch screen and hard buttons for 1,000

c4 pricing is smack in the middle (assuming that 600-700 is accurate) so let’s see what they cook up 

https://www.cepro.com/news/crestron_programmer_review_tsr_310_remote_favorite_remote_yet/

5 minutes ago, WhyPhy said:

It’s too bad there is no microphone for voice control of Apple TVs and the like. 

you can tell that from that photo that has been removed that there is no mic?  or do you speak with knowledge? 😁

though voice control would be nice, Echo Dots are so cheap I have them in most areas in my house - so not sure what advantage you get with a remote (or even a T3 for that matter) with built in voice.

you can tell that from that photo that has been removed that there is no mic?  or do you speak with knowledge? 
though voice control would be nice, Echo Dots are so cheap I have them in most areas in my house - so not sure what advantage you get with a remote (or even a T3 for that matter) with built in voice.
Not to mention the battery drain of always on mic or the inconvenience of pressing a mic button

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Not to mention the battery drain of always on mic or the inconvenience of pressing a mic button 

Other manufacturers have done voice remotes successfully (xfinity, samsung etc...).  Battery/mic is tied to motion to limit drain.  Wouldn't it be nice if you had your echo (or alike) in the rack and the remote controlled those actions with voice (less echo's/dot's around house but would need remote).  Voice in open space isn't always best option especially if you entertain alot!  I love visiting peoples automated homes and controlling them...and they can't stop it! - then they think twice of such convenience! 😁

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:
you can tell that from that photo that has been removed that there is no mic?  or do you speak with knowledge? emoji16.png

Our Tv Company (Sky) have voice controlled Remotes - No issue at all with BATTERY life 

What would be the purpose of having an echo dot in the rack them?

And every voice remote I have seen has a mic button you have to press. No one has a remote that is always listening

Take the voice from the remote and act on it using alexa skills (from remote).  I guess technically you don't need a dot/echo in rack but by doing so only a driver is needed to interact with/act on voice with C4 versus integration directly with hardware.  Keeping them separate so upgrading isn't c4 bound.

As with iOS - 'Hey Siri' works pretty well... 

Some thoughts on innovation within C4 - C4 needs to be going beyond the obvious and minimize mistakes (intercom missing features, working when first released) (Elan has touchscreens with facial recognition...thats in the marketpace not a wish list) and not to just release another remote thats exactly like a kickstarter campaign.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.