C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Ultimate Hikvision Driver for Control4!

alanchow

On 6/6/2022 at 9:40 AM, Midnight1982 said:

Any progress on the driver for the DS-KD8001 hik vision door stations?

It is still progressing but we had to put it on hold for a bit due to other projects.

• 1 month later...

19 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Our Hikvison driver suite will not work with the facial recognition panels.

The driver is designed to work with.

• DVRs
  • NVRs
  • IP Cameras
  • Select Doorsations

You can find out more about the driver via the link below.

https://chowmain.software/drivers/control4-hikvision-ipcameras

MAJOR UPDATE

Chowmain is proud to release a major upgrade to our Hikvision driver for Control4. The driver now supports additional doorstations including the much requested DS-KD8003-IME1 modular doorstation including keypad and card scanner modules.

Supported devices include

• DS-KV6113-PE1(B)
  • DS-KV6113-WPE1(B)
  • DS-KV8113-WME1(B)
  • DS-KV8213-WME1(B)
  • DS-KV8413-WME1(B)
  • DS-KD8003-IME1

Doorstation integration to Control4 provides a budget friendly integration for those who want to add bi-directional audio/video communications from Hikvision intercoms to Control4 T3, T4, iOS* and Android* based devices.

On top of calls the driver also provides the ability to control and monitor doors, execute doorbell announcements, send push notifications on button press and motion detection and more.

Looking at providing MDU installations with Control4? The driver is designed to be compatible with Control4 MDU communications server meaning you can now use the KD8003 to call different homes.

On top of doorstation functionality our Hikvision suite of drivers provides integration to Hikvision IP Cameras, NVRs and DVRs.

For more information please see the link below.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Sherwin Lee said:

Can this driver still run alongside the original Hikvision android software and the DS-KH8350-WTE1? I have a working solution and do not want to break it, and if I do then at least I know the outcome.

The doorstations will not work with other hikvision products after integration as they will be connecting to Control4’s SIP server.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:11 PM, alanchow said:

Our Hikvison driver suite will not work with the facial recognition panels.

The driver is designed to work with.

• DVRs
  • NVRs
  • IP Cameras
  • Select Doorsations

You can find out more about the driver via the link below.

@alanchow, hi

Is this a function that can/will be explored and integrated with the drivers? Even if there is access to the IP camera streams for CCTV purposes only, that may be useful for some. We are finding more uses in our developments for facial rec terminals.

Thanks
Pops

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @alanchow, is there plans to produce an updated custom firmware for the KD008 doorstation?  after firmware 2.2.5, downgrade is no longer possible.  your current custom firmware is 2.2.52 and new door stations are shipping with 2.2.58.  Is the custom firmware absolutely needed?  can the door station work with the standard firmware?

17 hours ago, Silvaskin said:

Hi @alanchow, is there plans to produce an updated custom firmware for the KD008 doorstation?  after firmware 2.2.5, downgrade is no longer possible.  your current custom firmware is 2.2.52 and new door stations are shipping with 2.2.58.  Is the custom firmware absolutely needed?  can the door station work with the standard firmware?

From memory you may not have to.  Having said that i'm not the best person to ask as i did not develop that driver.

The best way to get support from us is by contacting us directly.  We provide 11 hours of support per day (mon-fri Australian eastern time).  See methods of contact below.

https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

• 2 months later...

DS-KD8003-IME1-(B), also having trouble with this one.

The camera is viewable, device is coming up as an intercom, but when attempting to call, I get the error "Call declined (480)".

having gone through every setting I could, I found nothing referring to auto answer or what I would think the problem would be, no luck.

Assuming this is firmware related, and I'm having the same problem as @Silvaskin cannot add "special firmware" 

Currently sitting at a clients house realizing i shouldn't have sold the product assuming it would work, no response from Hikvision, or Chowmain on all possible addresses.

Hi Deekay,

I phoned chowmain technical support and was put through to the developer.

You no longer need the custom firmware, the latest standard hikvision firmware now has the functionality built in.

You cannot initiate calls from phone/touchscreen to the door station. You can only answer calls initiated from door station on touchscreens/phones.  I've not found this to be a deal breaker.

Other than that, functionality is everything the DS2 does, at a cheaper price point and a better camera. it is also more expandable beyond one additional module and has ability to add RFID tags and touchscreen module.

Hope that helps!

Silvaskin

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, jebt2921 said:

viewing our cameras through this driver and in C4 app are extremely pixelated but in the Hik-Connect app everything is great.

My guess would be that the native app is defaulting to a higher resolution/bitrate stream.  Maybe go in to cameras' settings and bump up the quality of the stream being grabbed by C4?   I assume that there's not a lot (any?) video processing done in the controller-- it's passing the stream to the display device (which is prob doing the decoding/processing) so you're seeing whatever the camera is sending.

3 hours ago, jebt2921 said:

Could anyone provide help as to why viewing our cameras through this driver and in C4 app are extremely pixelated but in the Hik-Connect app everything is great.

Anything I can look at tweaking in Composer HE to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although shouldn’t be pixelated bad, but C4 doesn’t have limitations on quality it can support. So your Hik vision app is always going to give you the best quality your camera can provide. 

I had a few weeks of minor issues when it seemed C4 was rolling out their new camera capabilities in the app/server side, but now it works better than ever. Once audio finally gets added, I’ll be thrilled never to use the Luma/HIK app again.

(For reference, I have a bunch of recent-model HIK cams running 4K primary and 720p for C4. Notably, C4 now seems to support/better handle higher framerates, etc. on the latter — even my T3s are snappy.)

All fixed now as most cameras got switched to the /me stream somehow.

One other ask, I’ve never received camera notifications, whether snapshot or video, via Control4.

Get Snapshot URL test passes but the MJPEG and Video do not.

When I test the push notification it comes through my phone with snapshot perfectly. But when normal activist occurs I do not get the push notification through the C4 app, only Hik-vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

DRIVER REWRITE

Chowmain launches new Hikvision driver suite for Control4. Beginning with O.S. 3.4.0, camera drivers have the ability to distribute audio to devices running Navigator. Our newly written Hikvision IP camera driver implements this for cameras with microphones.

The development of advanced versions of the Camera and NVR drivers was prompted by a need for enhanced performance and reliability. These advanced drivers represent a substantial rewrite of the original ones and come with several key improvements. Most notably, they now support Digest authentication, which significantly streamlines the setup process and ensures more dependable operation.

In addition to this, the advanced drivers feature a set of diagnostic tests accessible via Actions > Display Diagnostics. These tests offer valuable feedback to dealers, helping them identify and address any necessary adjustments in the driver or hardware, ultimately contributing to a smoother and more efficient integration process.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 4:53 AM, djheijs said:

Does the driver work with Hikvision DS-KD-TDM too?

The driver communicates to the KD8003.  It will work with keypad and card reader type addons (regardless of model) however programming is limited to programming against valid and invalid code entries if a keypad is connected.  Note that configuration of the KD8003 to call a specific residence in the phone book will operate correctly.  Having said that the setup procedure of this is similar to other MDU type installations for Control4 where you need a communications server to act at the SIP server to route to residences.

Control4 provide a training course on how to do MDU installations.  This is the place to start if you wish to utilise Hikvision for MDU based installations (note replace DS2 with the Hikvision KD8003).