C4 Forums | Control4

220-240v zigbee smart plugs

Geo

10 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

Where in the world are you?

Belkin Wemo and a driver from Alan Chow will do the trick.

7 hours ago, enzeder said:

TP Link as well.

I've got both sorts and all work well.

TP Link more available here in NZ

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Do you guys read? He is asking about a Zigbee 220 outlets! All you had mentioned is WiFi!

1 hour ago, Amr said:

Do you guys read? He is asking about a Zigbee 220 outlets! All you had mentioned is WiFi!

Hey bro, settle down - me read good az.

Giving options are better than remaining silent.
We don't know the full context; 'Zigbee' might well be superfluous.
A 230V outlet compatible with C4 - it has me assuming control from C4 is required - therefore it does not necessarily matter how C4 actually controls the device.

Hey - if zigbee is required, then someone else might read this thread and be informed of the options.

I personally prefer Zigbee to WiFi, specially C4 Zigbee products are absolutely phenomenal and solid rock, kind of set-it-and-forget-it, cost is significantly higher but reliability and availability is very high.

C4 created Puck Switches and Dimmers for International market and I used a lot of these to have a decent Zigbee network around the 2 levels house, I sourced some new and some used at an incredible bargain price, did it once, never managed to find same lot again.

Am using WiFi as well to keep costs down but opted for In-house Cloud solution aka MQTT, am using Sonoff Mini’s (flashed with Tasmota) to control outlets and lights, all retrofit work and all embedded, sound DIY but it’s also very solid and reliable as well.

• 1 year later...

https://www.belkin.com/uk/smart-home/wemo/wemo-wifi-smart-plug/p/p-wsp080/

They have changed the design - We have the old ones 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203334471913?hash=item2f57add0e9:g:UqAAAOSwMa9gF8wW

May need to check with Alan that these new ones will work 

We have also starting using the Phillip Hue Plugs - You have to light driver to get them work with C4 - But if

you have the Hub it will safe you some CASH

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Hi Gary,

Curious how you can use the Phillip Hue Plugs for on/off ?

Use the Hue lamps with the the hub, that works perfect,but havnt figured out how to control the plugs.

Thanks

Patrik

On 5/1/2021 at 9:19 PM, k3nnis said:

Hi Gary,

can I ask what do you use the smart plugs for ? Ie looking for some ideas on usage in c4.

thanks.

Patrik

We use them to turn off network switches, TV`s, rebooting the NVR and PC, Water Feature and the Big One Christmas Tree Lights 

1 hour ago, MrMusic said:

Nice, what driver can you use to for the smart plugs for HUE ?

We use the chowmain paid driver for wemo smart plugs. Also the tp link smart plugs are great. Chowmain also have a driver for these. I’ve used both and both have been rock solid. I ended up going down the tp link route solely because the package is smaller and the plugs are ridiculously cheap 👍

18 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Also love tp link bc they have flush mount outlets that look very similar to a regular outlet, nothing to plug in. 

Which ones are flush mount? All models I can find are to be plugged into an existing socket.

The only switchable in will solution I have seen is using KNX and I believe there is also an EnOcean based model

23 hours ago, blub said:

Which ones are flush mount? All models I can find are to be plugged into an existing socket.

The only switchable in will solution I have seen is using KNX and I believe there is also an EnOcean based model

Sorry realized 220/240 not 120. They don't have flush of that voltage I don't believe.

On 5/16/2021 at 9:58 PM, tdougray said:

If your in the uk you can use lightwave rf sockets that are flush mount but that’s all I know of.

These are the best inwall power point solutions for Control4 as they provide bidirectional control and feedback

as an alternative check out Tuya based wifi solutions.

i've personally installed contactors of the appropriate size for the device and have a c4 switch actuate that.

Currently controlling my house water heater and shutting it down 20 hours a day. Pool motor control is also automated with out the need of a ridiculously expensive pool control panel. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.