C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.2 Out today! with new products!

Matt Lowe

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

I’ve got both. The wall mount is very similar to the T3 but you don’t need anything special you just yank it off the wall. It’s thicker than I’d like it to be - that’s my only complaint. It’s solid though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thickness as the T3?

It looks like the Chime has two connections.  One is for Ethernet.  What’s the other one for?  I thought all I was going to need was the Ethernet/PoE cable.  Not going to be happy if I need separate wire runs for audio.  

14 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

for the mechanical doorbell chime wires - just like your Ring Elite.

Thanks.  No longer panicking. ;)

We never hooked up the doorbell wires, but I use an announcement anyway.

Same thickness as the T3?

The profile is different. I’d say the thickest part of the T3 is probably the same as the thickest part of the T4, but the thinnest part of the T3 is thinner than the thinnest part of the T4. The T3 tapers much more around the edges then the T4 does.

3 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

The profile is different. I’d say the thickest part of the T3 is probably the same as the thickest part of the T4, but the thinnest part of the T3 is thinner than the thinnest part of the T4. The T3 tapers much more around the edges then the T4 does.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

I haven't noticed any difference with my 260 remote with new update.  Where is the volume indicator supposed to be located?

Note that it will only show up for source where there's discrete volume control, so if you're trying this in a room with a TV that's IR controlled, for example, you won't see it.

RyanE

9 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

I haven't noticed any difference with my 260 remote with new update.  Where is the volume indicator supposed to be located?  Is there a way to force an update or start update on the remote?

I'm showing firmware version 2.2.2.7 on my 260.  Showing 3.2.0.586513 for the system firmware.....

3 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

I'm showing firmware version 2.2.2.7 on my 260.  Showing 3.2.0.586513 for the system firmware.....

System software numbers and firmware numbers don't match at all, two different things.

Remote should update themselves automatically, though a director reboot can sometimes trigger it in the rare case or two that I've seen it not go.

That said, firmware may be correct - 2.2.27 is the right firmware I believe.

As mentioned by Ryan, the % bar will only show with two-way communication devices (as in if you can do slider control on a T3/app, it would show under the sr=260)

Speaking of the volume feedback on the SR-260, I have two comments. First, as mentioned before, strange that mute indication wasn’t implemented as feedback.

Second, with my Sony sound bar, the volume feedback is off by 2 numbers compared to my iPhone feedback or Neeo feedback. My sound bar feedback increments by 2 normally, as the volume goes 0-50, so in C4 world it’s scaled to 0-100. So if volume on sound bar itself is 20, it will show as 40 on iPhone or Neeo, but as 42 on SR-260.

Strange. 

On 10/13/2020 at 1:25 PM, msgreenf said:

No update repository could be found for version 3.2.0.586513-res. Please verify that the requested version exists on the update source and try again.

that is what I get @Matt Lowe

Did you ever get beyond this?  I've been getting this for the last few days.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:37 PM, drmark12pa said:

My SR260 remotes all went from 2.1.120 to 2.2.27 with this update.  2 updated on their own.  1 got stuck downloading, and the one stuck remote seemed to stop all of the rest of the remotes from going.  I had to reboot the remote that partially downloaded, and then reboot the rest of the remotes.  About 60 seconds after a reboot they'd update.

Why isn't Control4 addressing this issue with "Enter the system password for EA5xxxxx"????  It's been almost a week and I cannot log into Composer HE.  I contacted my dealer and he is unaware of any issues but clearly as noted this isn't an isolated issue.  So basically I'm paying for 4sight with no ability to do any programming or modification of programming at this time when I just installed a driveway motion sensor due recent neighborhood car thefts so no ability to program.  It sounds like Composer Pro has no issues logging in but that is dealer software so end user gets screwed over again. FIX THIS!!!

25 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

Why isn't Control4 addressing this issue with "Enter the system password for EA5xxxxx"????  It's been almost a week and I cannot log into Composer HE.  I contacted my dealer and he is unaware of any issues but clearly as noted this isn't an isolated issue.  So basically I'm paying for 4sight with no ability to do any programming or modification of programming at this time when I just installed a driveway motion sensor due recent neighborhood car thefts so no ability to program.  It sounds like Composer Pro has no issues logging in but that is dealer software so end user gets screwed over again. FIX THIS!!!

can you use When/Then in a pinch?

30 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

Spoken to my Dealer yesterday about this and they are working on it. 

Looks like we will be getting a new release of HE 

They did not test in HE in Beta (Shock)- Hence the reason we are getting the issue 

19 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

I can Teamviewer in and install Composer Pro and uninstall Pro and that will fix/workaround the issue.  I've had to do that for a few of my remote clients already.  Not ideal but it works.

Cheers Ari but do  not need to do anything at the moment - However it could all change in our House - Thank you for the offer 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.