C4 Forums | Control4

Tempur beds

Lol what?? Tempurpedic?

my bed does not have wifi, but can attest that the tempurpedic cloud supreme breeze medium hardness is the best $$$ I ever invested in my life 4.5 years later and still feels as good as the day it was delivered. Dog approves too

38 minutes ago, knowitall said:

Lol what?? Tempurpedic?

my bed does not have wifi, but can attest that the tempurpedic cloud supreme breeze medium hardness is the best $$$ I ever invested in my life 4.5 years later and still feels as good as the day it was delivered. Dog approves too

Thanks for recommendation... looks like I will be ordering one on Monday...

Intersting... I see that the company trades as Tempur in South Africa and Tempurpedic in the USA - I am sure there is a story there! 

Thanks everyone... 

This thread has gone in a totally different direction than intended :wacko:

That said, thanks for all the advice! I have ordered a Tempurpedic mattress today. Not the whole bed, so I won't be able to try and integrate it into C4... I may do that as phase 2...

I will try and remember to report back on how well I sleep...

To close this discussion off for anyone interested...

I bought a Tempur mattress but not the base so I am not integrating (trying to integrate) to C4 at present.  When we complete building our beach house next year, I may buy the full bed for down at the coast as it would be cool to tell Alexa to "turn on today" and have the blinds open and the bed move you into a seating position so one can see the sea...

In terms of sleep, the mattress is phenomenal and while we've only had it a few days, extra curricular activity has been great.

Just now, South Africa C4 user said:

To close this discussion off for anyone interested...

I bought a Tempur mattress but not the base so I am not integrating (trying to integrate) to C4 at present.  When we complete building our beach house next year, I may buy the full bed for down at the coast as it would be cool to tell Alexa to "turn on today" and have the blinds open and the bed move you into a seating position so one can see the sea...

In terms of sleep, the mattress is phenomenal and while we've only had it a few days, extra curricular activity has been great.

And no, that would not be solo extra curricular activity before anyone jumps back on that band wagon! :ph34r:

I can chime in on this topic!  I bought another mattress/frame combo that raises and lowers head and foot.  I too had the idea of picking up my c4 remote and adjusting my bed, adjusting auto up/down time events, etc.  The bed's remote is bluetooth to the bed.  ugh.  No dry contacts for adjusting the bed (easily seen at least).  ugh.  I asked around online if anyone had a bluetooth command generator driver for c4 with no avail.  So, I now go to bed with my c4 AND my bed remote nearby.  Grrrrrr......

You could try opening up the Bluetooth receiver box.  I'm sure the BT Rx is just opening/closing relays to control the bed and you should be able to see where those wires terminate to.  You would also have to be able to get wire there or use enough wireless relay devices to control whats needed.

Question becomes whether or not you want to void the warranty on the control box or not.

I was thinking about it, I'm just not willing to kill the normal bluetooth remote functionality, nor do I want to overrun the motors when C4 has a belch for an extra 2 second delay getting the 'stop' command (or a 2 hour delay, lol). 

The remote has specific position buttons where, with one tap, the bed goes to a certain position and stops on its own. This was a little more like what command I want to send to take the closed loop control completely out of the picture. I've captured some hci bluetooth packets today on my android device, so I can see the packets now. Just researching now if that helps and what to do with them (I can code a lot of languages, but I'm bluetooth programming ignorant). 

23 hours ago, tayl428 said:

I was thinking about it, I'm just not willing to kill the normal bluetooth remote functionality, nor do I want to overrun the motors when C4 has a belch for an extra 2 second delay getting the 'stop' command (or a 2 hour delay, lol). 

The remote has specific position buttons where, with one tap, the bed goes to a certain position and stops on its own. This was a little more like what command I want to send to take the closed loop control completely out of the picture. I've captured some hci bluetooth packets today on my android device, so I can see the packets now. Just researching now if that helps and what to do with them (I can code a lot of languages, but I'm bluetooth programming ignorant). 

If you ever get some form of integration, please do let me know!

• 4 years later...

Not a snide comment - really just interested as I don't have an adjustable bed nor have I ever shopped for one.  Why do you need to automate it?  Don't you find a position you like and just keep it there to sleep?  I guess if you are sitting up reading a book/watching TV, but then going to the C4 app to change the setting is the same as just using their hand held remote or whatever, no?

I am all for trying to integrate as much as possible - but just curious what you gain from integration?

Given the age of our bed and the bedroom furniture, a new set is likely in the cards in the next few years, so really just curious.

We would definitely use the C4 remote to adjust ours if we could.  Only really need a setting for 'Flat' and a recall of one upright position (the bed remote has a memory recall for one favorite).  The bed remote has way too many buttons on it, and gets lost easily.  Looks like it is  bluetooth and 2.4Ghz RF (also has a phone app) so no integration.  One of these days I'll open up the control box to see what's going on.

Was hoping that Bond might release some 2.4Ghz functionality - they have talked about future support for it, but nothing so far.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.