C4 Forums | Control4

Keynote address thoughts...

c4Iona

2 hours ago, c4Iona said:

IMHO, kinda underwhelming.  there is an immediate need for a new remote.  Let me say that again, new remote, a new remote that has a voice button to talk to siri and to fireTV.

Again, just my humble opinion.

You are right - Getting the controllers to show 1080p from CCTV is also on the list for me 

This system is feeling left behind can see why control4 sold out 

4 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

You are right - Getting the controllers to show 1080p from CCTV is also on the list for me 

is this really the only thing you want? cause you ask for it alot, personally meh....It's not worth the extra bandwidth and processing....but what is more of a problem is that you have to downgrade the video quality which a lot of cameras aren't allowing anymore.

27 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Mitch, you having a bad day ? 

Would settle for 1080p, however it would be great for 4K 

Did not wish to set the bar to high 

do you make popcorn and watch your security cameras on your TV?  I am just curious :-)  I currently have 11 security cameras tied into c4/blue iris and thankfully I rarely need to watch them.  And when I do, playback of recording items is way easier on my Blue Iris app on my Tablet.  so if there is a security issue I go to my tablet or desktop and access blue iris.  

I have 4 megapixel cameras that I even lower the resolution for recording to blue iris.  

From a marketing standpoint, it is silly that they do not have a 4k chipset just for marketing purposes.  In real world applications though, is anyone going to notice the difference between a 1080p or a 4k c4 UI on the TV or security footage from a camera?  Both of which are likely viewed for mere seconds at a time?

33 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I'm just saying that security cameras in 4k...come on...not needed...1080p is one thing

Agreed.  What annoys me about security cameras is that they are terrible on the OSD.  The PTZ functions are slow, not fluent, etc.. resolution looks poor (even worse than it should at 720p imo, but maybe I'm wrong).  Just wish they would fix this.

Videostorm takes care of this for me.  I do have my cameras in the c4 system, but really just for show.

Motion sensors trip out in my walkway, any tv that is ON, shows the camera popup.  If no TV's are ON, then I get a push image sent to my phone.

1080P for full screen cameras really isn't all that great.  I do have one TV that I leave the backyard camera on full screen when the kids are playing, and hopefully soon, swimming in the new inground pool.  

My 720P cams look just as good.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Glloyd77 said:

I know it is just a little over a month since the last post, but any new product rumors?  Would really like new display remotes?  Switches/Outlets?  Networking?  Think they are holding out for January?  Maybe a holiday surprise?

Did you read the thread on new remote leak? Basically looks like original Neoo with C4 software. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.