C4 Forums | Control4

Long Projector HDMI Runs

ejn1

Hi,  I'm curious what folks are installing nowadays for long HDMI projector runs (eg 25-30') where you need to get full 4K HDR transmission?   When I set up my projector 7 years ago, I had a tough time getting a solid full resolution signal / HDMI handshake that distance and finally landed with a fiber optic cable with baluns but its starting to get a little glitchy.   Are there new HDMI extenders via Ethernet that really do a good job?  Or new fiber options? 

Thx

They are very pricey, but I am 100% happy with the new Celerity Technologies cable. It is fiber optic with HDMI or Display Port attachments at each end. In theory, the cable itself is capable of transmitting any amount of data, so in the future when things advance past HDMI 2.1, you can buy new connectors but use the same cable. 

I have also used their older version. It does not have the best reputation and I found it to be too deleicate, but the newer/current model is excellent. 

For 25 to 30', Celerity is probably overkill, but for longer runs, I think it is an awesome, but expensive, choice. 

https://celeritytek.com

1 hour ago, BY96 said:

They are very pricey, but I am 100% happy with the new Celerity Technologies cable. It is fiber optic with HDMI or Display Port attachments at each end. In theory, the cable itself is capable of transmitting any amount of data, so in the future when things advance past HDMI 2.1, you can buy new connectors but use the same cable. 

I have also used their older version. It does not have the best reputation and I found it to be too deleicate, but the newer/current model is excellent. 

For 25 to 30', Celerity is probably overkill, but for longer runs, I think it is an awesome, but expensive, choice. 

https://celeritytek.com

This is what I have now (their first gen product).   Had some glitches early but was solid for years but now might be having renewed issues.  I like there Fiber MPO cables to HDMI current models.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.