C4 Forums | Control4

New Installation

tacos

Hey all - we moved into a new home and looking to get control4We had a dealer do a walkthrough. I am posting the suggestions below from dealer 

Please let me know your thoughts about pricing, equipment choices, etc etc Suggestions on how to improve are especially welcome  

Card Access C4-SGB10A-2D-ZP

Smart Garage Bundle Up to 2 Garage Doors

$466.95

Control4 C4-VDB-W-SN

CHIME VIDEO DOORBELL (Wi-Fi) - Satin Nickel

$509.95

1 related item   

Control4 C4-4Sight-E

1 Year 4Sight Subscription Kit

$120.00

Yale YALE-RD226NR-619

Yale Assure Touch Screen Deadbolt - (Satin Nickel)

$169.00

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Samsung 65LS03AA

Samsung 65" The Frame QLED 4K Smart TV (2021)

$1,699.00

1 related item   

Strong SM-RBX-PRO-20-BLK

Strong VersaBox Pro | Recessed Flat Panel Solution - 14" x 20"

$315.95

Araknis Networks AN-110-SW-R-8

Araknis Networks 110-series 8-port Unmanaged+ Gigabit Switch with Rear Ports

$138.95

Sonos Arc (White)

SONOS ARC WHITE

$899.00

1 related item   

Sanus WSSAWM1-W2

Sanus Extendable Wall Mount Designed For Sonos Arc - White

$119.99

Sonos ONE GEN2 - WHITE

SONOS ONE WHITE

$219.00

2 related items:   

Sonos SONOS-ONE-WM-PR-WH

Sonos Wall Mounts for One, One SL, and Play:1 (Pair) | White

$99.00

Outlet installs for Sonos Ones

$75.00

Sonos Sub (Gloss White)

Sonos - Sub (Gen 3) Wireless Subwoofer - White

$749.00

Control4 C4-EA1-V2-RSK

Control4 EA-1 Entertainment Bundle W/Remote & Recharging Station V2

$960.95

Programming

$250.00

Outside

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Sonos Amp (Black)

Sonos Amp (Black)

$699.00

Episode ES-500-AW-6-WHT

Episode All Weather 6-1/2 in. Speakers (White | Pair)

$502.95

1 related item   

Epic SystemsSpeaker Pre Wire

Speaker cable for audio system

$50.00

Home Networking

Total coverage Wifi. All hard wired Access points, Switch and Router for a complete enterprise network

$3,500.00

Surveillance

Clare Controls CLR-V200-8PNVR2

ClareVision NVR - 8 Channels | 2TB

$541.95

2 related items:   

Araknis Networks AN-210-SW-R-8-POE

Araknis Networks 210-series 8-port Websmart Gigabit Switch with Partial PoE+ and Rear Ports

$434.95

Pre Wire

IP camera network run

$50.00

Clare Controls CLR-V300-8B28CNW

ClareVision Performance Series 8MP Color at Night Bullet Camera | White

$274.95

Clare Controls CLR-V300-8T28CNW

ClareVision Performance Series 8MP Color at Night Turret Camera

$274.95

Surveillance Total    $4,241.55  

Lighting

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-V-FPD120-WH

Essential Forward Phase Dimmer, 120V (White)

$92.95

Control4 C4-V-AUX-WH

Essential Auxiliary Keypad (White)

$34.17

Control4 C4-V-SW120277-WH

Essential Switch, 120V/277V (White)

$92.95

Lighting Total    $1,726.18

total is about $16k parts and $4k labor 

appreciate all the input 

All sounds great to me. I would try and stray from sonos if you can. so much better options if you can hardwire the system.

also the garage bundle kit is not nessecary if you can run a wire from the garage to the controller. However this could also cost a bit in labor too so might just be a wash. The one nice thing though is the z2io will allow you to monitor the garage temperature should you need that information.

Thanks for the input. 

I wasn’t too thrilled about the Sonos recommendation but the dealer stated “it is the easiest” Anything you suggest? I’m okay with spending more for higher end if needed 

thought on Clare vision cameras? I plan to get a security system as well 

I’d opt for an EA3 instead of the EA1. Gives you room to expand. IMHO you’d be capping yourself out on day 1 w/the EA1. 

I would also get the Composer Home Edition (HE) bundle which comes with 1 yr of 4sight. It is just a little bit more money and gives you a perpetual license to make programming changes to your system. 

I’d ask for a lot more detail on the home Wi-Fi line item for $3500. How many APs…model…# runs they will need to do. Unless your home is 15k sq ft or more my gut says that is excessive. 

Finally, ask/think about some keypads in place of or in addition to the lighting switches. We use our keypads all the time to activate scenes - like going outside to grill one button on the keypad turns on lightning, music, etc. A keypad press puts the house to sleep at night etc. Keypads (engraved) are really useful.  

imho

What is your goal?  Listing a bunch of equipment just gives people the ability to say well you can do something other than Sonos.  but maybe sonos has a service/app you need and you discussed that with the dealer but didn’t mention it in your post

Do you want lights and HVAC and security and motion sensors and blah blah blah.  Are you looking for control?  Automation?

So giving us a better picture of your end goals, what you want out of the system, what audio/video services you like using, then maybe the suggestions can be a bit more tailored to what you need

14 hours ago, cjh said:

I’d opt for an EA3 instead of the EA1. Gives you room to expand. IMHO you’d be capping yourself out on day 1 w/the EA1. 

I would also get the Composer Home Edition (HE) bundle which comes with 1 yr of 4sight. It is just a little bit more money and gives you a perpetual license to make programming changes to your system. 

I’d ask for a lot more detail on the home Wi-Fi line item for $3500. How many APs…model…# runs they will need to do. Unless your home is 15k sq ft or more my gut says that is excessive. 

Finally, ask/think about some keypads in place of or in addition to the lighting switches. We use our keypads all the time to activate scenes - like going outside to grill one button on the keypad turns on lightning, music, etc. A keypad press puts the house to sleep at night etc. Keypads (engraved) are really useful.  

imho

Thanks - will inquire and post back 

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

What is your goal?  Listing a bunch of equipment just gives people the ability to say well you can do something other than Sonos.  but maybe sonos has a service/app you need and you discussed that with the dealer but didn’t mention it in your post

Do you want lights and HVAC and security and motion sensors and blah blah blah.  Are you looking for control?  Automation?

So giving us a better picture of your end goals, what you want out of the system, what audio/video services you like using, then maybe the suggestions can be a bit more tailored to what you need

Sonos picked by dealer. I was/am open to anything. Dealer reasoning was that it would not need destruction of the current walls. 

I want lights, HVAC , security system , cameras etc etc Looking for automation to make things easier. Control at night would be nice ie night setting shuts off certain indoor lights, turns on outdoor lights, locks doors, arms alarm etc etc

pretty open to any audio and video suggestions 

Goal : I suppose to make life easier with  ample security. 

56 minutes ago, tacos said:

Sonos picked by dealer. I was/am open to anything. Dealer reasoning was that it would not need destruction of the current walls. 

I want lights, HVAC , security system , cameras etc etc Looking for automation to make things easier. Control at night would be nice ie night setting shuts off certain indoor lights, turns on outdoor lights, locks doors, arms alarm etc etc

pretty open to any audio and video suggestions 

Goal : I suppose to make life easier with  ample security. 

This a house with 2 people and 2,000 sq ft?  7,500 sq ft with a family of 6?  3 TVs?  12 TVs?  In general there are multiple ways to do things.

So it really comes down to size of the house, your budget and what you want.  Sonos can be wireless sure - but it needs some smart set up to not cause wireless havoc in your house - if your dealer has that experience that is fine.  Can you get the music apps you need from Sonos?

most security systems like Elk, Honeywell, DSC will all work with c4.  C4 camera integration is basic but any ONVIF camera should work (aka not Ring, Nest, etc)

All the hardware listed is fairly well known and will work within c4.  So you shouldn’t worry.  There are always other options but a dealer should recommend products they know/support so they can configure easily plus hardware that gets the job done for you.  So if they told you these devices can do what you need, and they recommend it, it should be fine.

Pricing seems reasonable - labor hard to judge as different markets have different costs for labor + not sure how much they are wiring vs maybe an electrician, etc.  but i dont think its insane.  Where I am at in Northern NJ its easy $75-$150 for a tech per hour depending on experience, so they have 2 people at the house for a day so that could be $2k right there.

I’d also ask for composer home edition - its $150 but comes with a year of 4sight, so its just $30 more and it is software that lets you do 95% of the programming on your own (you cannot add hardware, change bindings, etc but you can do all the programming/logic on your own)

24 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

This a house with 2 people and 2,000 sq ft?  7,500 sq ft with a family of 6?  3 TVs?  12 TVs?  In general there are multiple ways to do things.

So it really comes down to size of the house, your budget and what you want.  Sonos can be wireless sure - but it needs some smart set up to not cause wireless havoc in your house - if your dealer has that experience that is fine.  Can you get the music apps you need from Sonos?

most security systems like Elk, Honeywell, DSC will all work with c4.  C4 camera integration is basic but any ONVIF camera should work (aka not Ring, Nest, etc)

All the hardware listed is fairly well known and will work within c4.  So you shouldn’t worry.  There are always other options but a dealer should recommend products they know/support so they can configure easily plus hardware that gets the job done for you.  So if they told you these devices can do what you need, and they recommend it, it should be fine.

Pricing seems reasonable - labor hard to judge as different markets have different costs for labor + not sure how much they are wiring vs maybe an electrician, etc.  but i dont think its insane.  Where I am at in Northern NJ its easy $75-$150 for a tech per hour depending on experience, so they have 2 people at the house for a day so that could be $2k right there.

I’d also ask for composer home edition - its $150 but comes with a year of 4sight, so its just $30 more and it is software that lets you do 95% of the programming on your own (you cannot add hardware, change bindings, etc but you can do all the programming/logic on your own)

House 5k square feet with 3 little ones and wife.  Only one TV for now but will get a few more in the future. 

thanks for suggestions 

17 hours ago, cjh said:

So your saying you think the price for a 15,000 square foot mansion total whole House network should be $3500 lol. Ok let me know When you find that tech company to do that.

2 hours ago, JSTRONG said:

So your saying you think the price for a 15,000 square foot mansion total whole House network should be $3500 lol. Ok let me know When you find that tech company to do that.

I think you said 5K SQ FT......  Anyway, depending on the actual WAPs and switches used, the quantity and if it includes cables or not, this could be right or wrong.......

26 minutes ago, BXTR said:

Might I recommend finding a new dealer?

The fact you’re coming to a public forum looking for feedback tells me you’re not terribly confident of the dealer in general 

Follow your gut, it’s usually right 

i don’t not like the dealer. This is all sort of new to me so having expert feedback is very helpful for a 5 figure job

1 hour ago, Andrew luecke said:

I wouldn't be using any unmanaged Network switches (AN-110). Also, no mention of what switches and Wireless AP's being used 

can you expand on why not recommended? Sorry if noob question as I’m learning 

on another note , I asked the dealer multiple questions. Will report back. 

16 minutes ago, tacos said:

Forgot to mention - we also plan to get some motorized blinds. We prefer the Shade Store but have read Lutron is preferred. Not sure if Lutron has the same fabrics etc as shade store 

Lutron if you can.  Great integration and they just work.

52 minutes ago, tacos said:

can you expand on why not recommended? Sorry if noob question as I’m learning 

on another note , I asked the dealer multiple questions. Will report back. 

I guess it would depend on the application (if it's just for cameras though and nothing else, it might be fine).It would be best to determine the reason (I've seen cases where installers chase winning the quote, and put them in for that reason). I was probably exaggerating a bit though, there are valid reasons to use them.

A managed switch allows the installer to put safeguards which protects the switch against network loops and such, allows installers to remote reboot ports (they could set up OvrC for instance to reboot all cameras) and can provide them with better troubleshooting. There is a cost difference between the two. If you can afford it, I'd definitely recommend to the installer to install a managed switch instead. 

On 2/25/2022 at 10:09 PM, cjh said:

imho

I second the EA3, I have EA5 in a 2200 sq ft with 23-Blinds, 5-TVs, Security, 3-Thermostats, Chime, Camera's, 30+ lights, 7-keypads (one in each room) and now want to upgrade to CA-10 for speed :).  So my recommendation is to start with a EA5 especially if you plan on adding on.  Also I second the Keypads in the rooms, mine are used daily.

Thanks for the suggestions. Waiting on the initial dealer for replies. 

had another dealer do a walk through and the result was totally different than the initial. See below

System Room

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-EA5-V2

Control4 EA-5 Entertainment and Automation Controller V2

$2,584.95

Cool Components CP-CC-FL

Fully Loaded 4-Fan Component Cooling Unit with Power Supply

$325.00

Middle Atlantic SSL

1SP LAMINATED SLIDING SHE

$166.00

Middle Atlantic RCS-4224

MIDDLE ATLANTIC 42 SPACE RACK 5EA 2U X 16" DEEP SHELVES 2U X 18" DEEP SHELVES 2EA 3U X 20" DEEP SHELVES 9 2U BLANKS 1200LBS

$2,084.00

Control4 C4-THERM-WH

Control4 Wireless Thermostat by Aprilaire 8644C4

Estimated as There Zones. We will add as needed

$389.95

Wattbox KIT-UPS-IP12-2000

Wattbox IP UPS Kit - 12 Outlets | 2000 VA

$1,949.95

Wirepath KIT-WPONE-D-40-WB-IP

Kit including Wirepath ONE 40 CAN, ONE Door, and WB-300 drop in Wattbox

$965.95

System Room Total    $9,245.70  

Network - WiFi

Access Networks WiFi system is given as an Upgraded WiFi 6 option. Due to the Layout of the house it is not practical to use Eeero.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Araknis Networks AN-310-RT-4L2W

310-series Dual-WAN Gigabit VPN Router

$498.95

Araknis Networks AN-310-SW-R-24-POE

Araknis Networks 310-series 24-port L2 Managed Gigabit Switch with Full PoE+ and Rear Ports

$1,686.95

Araknis Networks AN-510-AP-IW-AC

Araknis Networks 510-Series Wave 2 AC 1300 Indoor Wall Mount Wireless Access Point

$499.95

Araknis Networks AN-700-AP-O-AC

Dual-Band Wireless-AC 1750 Outdoor Access Point

$638.95

Network - WiFi Total    $4,824.65  

Music Distribution

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Triad Speakers TS-IC82

Triad InCeiling 8" - Distributed Audio Series 2 - Open Back (Each)

Master Bedroom, Master bathroom, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Kitchen

$288.95

Triad Speakers TS-IW82

Triad InWall 8" - Distributed Audio Series 2 - Open Back (Each)

$357.95

Triad Speakers TS-IW83

Triad InWall 8" - Distributed Audio Series 3 - Sealed Back (Each)

Dining Room, Living Room

$479.95

Triad Speakers TS-AMS16

Triad 16-Source, 16-Zone Audio Matrix Switch

$2,397.95

Triad Speakers TS-PAMP8-100

Triad 8-Zone/16-Channel Power Amplifier, 100 WPC @ 4 ohm

$2,021.95

Episode EARSP16D100

Episode Response DSP Amplifier

$2,553.95

Music Distribution Total    $8,879.20  

Lighting

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-KD120-C-WH

Keypad Dimmer, Contemporary, 120V (White)

$275.95

Control4 C4-APD120-C-WH

Adaptive Phase Dimmer, Contemporary, 120V (White)

$197.95

Control4 C4-SW120277-C-WH

Switch, Contemporary, 120V/277V (White)

$154.95

Control4 C4-FP1-C-WH

Control4 Faceplate, Contemporary, 1 Gang (White)

$8.75

Control4 C4-EBD1H-WH

Engraved Button, Decora Single High (White)

$5.91

Control4 C4-EBDR-SW

Engraved Button, Decora Rocker (Snow White)

$6.49

Lighting Total    $7,191.30  

Surveillance

Door Stations to be added to this System.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

IC Realtime IPMX-W40F-IRW2

4MP IP INDOOR/OUTDOOR SMALL SIZE VANDAL DOME. FIXED 2.8MM LENS (106A). 90 FEET IR. POE CAPABLE. AI (ADVANCED INTELLIGENCE) ON-BOARD ANALYTICS.

$476.00

Wall-Smart 076-1-875

WS NC FOR IC Realtime IPMX- W40F-IRW2

$285.00

IC Realtime IPEL-B80F-IRW2

8MP IP INDOOR/OUTDOOR SMALL SIZE BULLET. FIXED 2.8MM LENS (108). 98.4 FEET SMART IR. POE CAPABLE. AI (ADVANCED INTELLIGENCE) ON-BOARD ANALYTICS.

$780.00

IC Realtime IPMX-E40F-W1-LED
$398.00

IC Realtime NVR-MX16POE-1U4K1-2TB

16 Channel 1U NVR - Integrated 16 Port POE Switch - Supports 8MP Resolution - 200Mbps Throughput - H.264 - Up To 12TB

$1,548.00

Surveillance Total    $5,458.00  

Communication

As per our initial walkthrough we are proposing three touch screens to be located at Kitchen , Master bedroom and 2nd Fl Hallway (to be used and Intercom to that area (maybe to the Kids). If needed additional ones can be supplied.

We are also proposing semi flush mount option.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-T4IW10-WH

Control4 T4 Series 10 In-Wall Touchscreen (White)

$1,513.95

Wall-Smart 007-1-850-WH

Retrofit Mount for C4-T4IW10 (White)

Optional Flush Mount Kit For the Touch Screen

$460.00

Control4 C4-NWB57C-M

New Construction - In-Wall Touch Screen Back Box (Metal)

$22.87

Control4 C4-EA1-V2

Control4 EA-1 Entertainment and Automation Controller V2

$588.95

Communication Total    $5,199.41  

Side Entry

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-VDB-E-BL

Chime Video Doorbell

$509.95

Control4 C4-VDB-E-ACC

contains a 15-degree left and right wedge and wall plate

$40.00

Yale YRD256-HA2-0BP

TOUCHSCREEN ZIGBEE-KEY FREE DB

$275.00

Side Entry Total    $824.95  

Family Room

We put our basic manual Mantel mount to the proposal. We prefer the motorized one if you would like to go of it.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-EA1-V2

$588.95

Mantelmount MM860

The Automated MM860 Robotic mount is perfect solution for high-on-wall, upscale installations. It goes perfectly into a simultaneous drop down and swivel position for the ultimate in eye-level comfort. It works with or without a home automation system.

$2,199.00

Strong KIT-VB-PRO-14-WB-IP5

Strong VersaBox Pro with IP Compact WattBox - 14" x 14" Kit

$619.95

Mantelmount MM750

Easily pull a TV down to eye-level & swivel left or right. Great for fireplace or high on the wall installations. Handles 55 100 TVs.

$999.99

Mantelmount MM710

Pro Series Pull Down TV Mount

$549.99

B&W Formation Bar

Wireless soundbar with dedicated center channel and multiroom streaming flexibility. 3 x 1 double dome tweeter, 6 x 2.5 woven glass fiber cone bass/ midrange. Optical and network connections. IR learning. Wall bracket included

$1,299.00

B&W Formation Bass

Wireless Subwoofer with DSP, Dynamic EQ. 2 x 6.5 long throw bass units. Pairs seamlessly with all Formation speakers

$1,199.00

B&W Formation Flex Black

Compact wireless speaker system. 1 decoupled double dome tweeter. 4 woven glass fibre cone bass/midrange. Use as mono, stereo, whole home, or surrounds

$499.00

Family Room Total    $5,254.89  

Basement Kids Room

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-EA1-V2

$588.95

$619.95

Basement Kids Room Total    $1,208.90  

Foyer/ Front Door

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-VDB-E-BL

Chime Video Doorbell

$509.95

Control4 C4-VDB-E-ACC

$40.00

Yale YRD256-HA2-0BP

$275.00

Foyer/ Front Door Total    $824.95  

Outdoor Audio

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Episode ESA-70V2CH-500W

Episode 500W per Channel, 2 Channels 70 Volt Digital Power Amplifier (IR, RS232, & IP Control)

$2,023.95

Episode ES-LS-BSUB-12-CPR

Episode Landscape Series Burial Subwoofer with 12 in. Woofer (Brown Dome | Each)

$1,701.95

Episode ES-TERRAIN-PB

Episode Terrain Series - Satellite Speaker Pivot Bracket

$26.18

Episode ES-LS-STAKE-12

12 in. Stake Mount for Episode Landscape Satellite Speakers (Each)

$16.16

Episode ES-LS-SAT-8-BRN

Episode Landscape Series Satellite Speaker with 8 in. Woofer, 70-volt/8-ohm (Dark Brown | Each)

$815.95

Outdoor Audio Total    $7,159.06  

Wire & Connector

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Wirepath SP-CAT6-SH-1000-BLU

Cat 6 Shielded 23/4 Solid CMG-Rated Wire - 1000 Ft. Drum (Blue)

$737.95

Wirepath NST-CAT6-1000-GRN

Cat 6 Unshielded 23/4 Solid CMG-Rated Wire 1000 Ft. Nest in Box (Green)

$281.95

Wirepath NST-122-DB-500-WH

12awg, 2 Cond, Direct Burial, 65 Strand, Wet Slick, OFC

OutDoor Audio Wire

$498.95

Leon Speakers 16/4 ICE Cable
$475.00

Wire & Connector Total    $4,720.70  

Labor Estimate

We are estimating it would take a team of 4 up to 4 days to install eight cameras and run all the wires needed. Rates are given as day for supervisor technician and regulars.

Same calculation rate goes for the install.

System programming and Project Management charged by the hour and all documented / kept under signature.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY
wrench.png
System Programming/ Project Management
$200.00
wrench.png
Pre-Wire Supervisor Day
$800.00
wrench.png
General Prewire Man/ Day

team of 3 Technicians Total 3 days Estimated for Pre wire

$600.00
wrench.png
General Install - Supervisor - Day
$800.00
wrench.png
General Install Tech - Day
$600.00
wrench.png
Project Management & System Programming
$500.00

Labor Estimate Total    $28,200.00  

Financial Summary

Parts Total
$60,791.71
Labor Total
$28,200.00
Subtotal
$88,991.71

So - now you have one quote for $20k and another for $90k.  That's why it helps to be clear about what really matters to you, and what the priority items are.  Then you can compare apples to apples, rather than whatever exotic fruit the next dealer turns up with.

33 minutes ago, tacos said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Waiting on the initial dealer for replies. 

had another dealer do a walk through and the result was totally different than the initial. See below

System Room

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-EA5-V2

Control4 EA-5 Entertainment and Automation Controller V2

$2,584.95

Cool Components CP-CC-FL

Fully Loaded 4-Fan Component Cooling Unit with Power Supply

$325.00

Middle Atlantic SSL

1SP LAMINATED SLIDING SHE

$166.00

Middle Atlantic RCS-4224

MIDDLE ATLANTIC 42 SPACE RACK 5EA 2U X 16" DEEP SHELVES 2U X 18" DEEP SHELVES 2EA 3U X 20" DEEP SHELVES 9 2U BLANKS 1200LBS

$2,084.00

Control4 C4-THERM-WH

Control4 Wireless Thermostat by Aprilaire 8644C4

Estimated as There Zones. We will add as needed

$389.95

Wattbox KIT-UPS-IP12-2000

Wattbox IP UPS Kit - 12 Outlets | 2000 VA

$1,949.95

Wirepath KIT-WPONE-D-40-WB-IP

Kit including Wirepath ONE 40 CAN, ONE Door, and WB-300 drop in Wattbox

$965.95

System Room Total    $9,245.70  

Network - WiFi

Access Networks WiFi system is given as an Upgraded WiFi 6 option. Due to the Layout of the house it is not practical to use Eeero.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Araknis Networks AN-310-RT-4L2W

310-series Dual-WAN Gigabit VPN Router

$498.95

Araknis Networks AN-310-SW-R-24-POE

Araknis Networks 310-series 24-port L2 Managed Gigabit Switch with Full PoE+ and Rear Ports

$1,686.95

Araknis Networks AN-510-AP-IW-AC

Araknis Networks 510-Series Wave 2 AC 1300 Indoor Wall Mount Wireless Access Point

$499.95

Araknis Networks AN-700-AP-O-AC

Dual-Band Wireless-AC 1750 Outdoor Access Point

$638.95

Network - WiFi Total    $4,824.65  

Music Distribution

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Triad Speakers TS-IC82

Triad InCeiling 8" - Distributed Audio Series 2 - Open Back (Each)

Master Bedroom, Master bathroom, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Kitchen

$288.95

Triad Speakers TS-IW82

Triad InWall 8" - Distributed Audio Series 2 - Open Back (Each)

$357.95

Triad Speakers TS-IW83

Triad InWall 8" - Distributed Audio Series 3 - Sealed Back (Each)

Dining Room, Living Room

$479.95

Triad Speakers TS-AMS16

Triad 16-Source, 16-Zone Audio Matrix Switch

$2,397.95

Triad Speakers TS-PAMP8-100

Triad 8-Zone/16-Channel Power Amplifier, 100 WPC @ 4 ohm

$2,021.95

Episode EARSP16D100

Episode Response DSP Amplifier

$2,553.95

Music Distribution Total    $8,879.20  

Lighting

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-KD120-C-WH

Keypad Dimmer, Contemporary, 120V (White)

$275.95

Control4 C4-APD120-C-WH

Adaptive Phase Dimmer, Contemporary, 120V (White)

$197.95

Control4 C4-SW120277-C-WH

Switch, Contemporary, 120V/277V (White)

$154.95

Control4 C4-FP1-C-WH

Control4 Faceplate, Contemporary, 1 Gang (White)

$8.75

Control4 C4-EBD1H-WH

Engraved Button, Decora Single High (White)

$5.91

Control4 C4-EBDR-SW

Engraved Button, Decora Rocker (Snow White)

$6.49

Lighting Total    $7,191.30  

Surveillance

Door Stations to be added to this System.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

IC Realtime IPMX-W40F-IRW2

4MP IP INDOOR/OUTDOOR SMALL SIZE VANDAL DOME. FIXED 2.8MM LENS (106A). 90 FEET IR. POE CAPABLE. AI (ADVANCED INTELLIGENCE) ON-BOARD ANALYTICS.

$476.00

Wall-Smart 076-1-875

WS NC FOR IC Realtime IPMX- W40F-IRW2

$285.00

IC Realtime IPEL-B80F-IRW2

8MP IP INDOOR/OUTDOOR SMALL SIZE BULLET. FIXED 2.8MM LENS (108). 98.4 FEET SMART IR. POE CAPABLE. AI (ADVANCED INTELLIGENCE) ON-BOARD ANALYTICS.

$780.00

IC Realtime IPMX-E40F-W1-LED
$398.00

IC Realtime NVR-MX16POE-1U4K1-2TB

16 Channel 1U NVR - Integrated 16 Port POE Switch - Supports 8MP Resolution - 200Mbps Throughput - H.264 - Up To 12TB

$1,548.00

Surveillance Total    $5,458.00  

Communication

As per our initial walkthrough we are proposing three touch screens to be located at Kitchen , Master bedroom and 2nd Fl Hallway (to be used and Intercom to that area (maybe to the Kids). If needed additional ones can be supplied.

We are also proposing semi flush mount option.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-T4IW10-WH

Control4 T4 Series 10 In-Wall Touchscreen (White)

$1,513.95

Wall-Smart 007-1-850-WH

Retrofit Mount for C4-T4IW10 (White)

Optional Flush Mount Kit For the Touch Screen

$460.00

Control4 C4-NWB57C-M

New Construction - In-Wall Touch Screen Back Box (Metal)

$22.87

Control4 C4-EA1-V2

$588.95

Communication Total    $5,199.41  

Side Entry

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-VDB-E-BL

Chime Video Doorbell

$509.95

Control4 C4-VDB-E-ACC

$40.00

Yale YRD256-HA2-0BP

$275.00

Side Entry Total    $824.95  

Family Room

We put our basic manual Mantel mount to the proposal. We prefer the motorized one if you would like to go of it.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-EA1-V2

$588.95

Mantelmount MM860

The Automated MM860 Robotic mount is perfect solution for high-on-wall, upscale installations. It goes perfectly into a simultaneous drop down and swivel position for the ultimate in eye-level comfort. It works with or without a home automation system.

$2,199.00

$619.95

Mantelmount MM750

Easily pull a TV down to eye-level & swivel left or right. Great for fireplace or high on the wall installations. Handles 55 100 TVs.

$999.99

Mantelmount MM710

Pro Series Pull Down TV Mount

$549.99

B&W Formation Bar

Wireless soundbar with dedicated center channel and multiroom streaming flexibility. 3 x 1 double dome tweeter, 6 x 2.5 woven glass fiber cone bass/ midrange. Optical and network connections. IR learning. Wall bracket included

$1,299.00

B&W Formation Bass

Wireless Subwoofer with DSP, Dynamic EQ. 2 x 6.5 long throw bass units. Pairs seamlessly with all Formation speakers

$1,199.00

B&W Formation Flex Black

Compact wireless speaker system. 1 decoupled double dome tweeter. 4 woven glass fibre cone bass/midrange. Use as mono, stereo, whole home, or surrounds

$499.00

Family Room Total    $5,254.89  

Basement Kids Room

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-EA1-V2

$588.95

$619.95

Basement Kids Room Total    $1,208.90  

Foyer/ Front Door

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Control4 C4-VDB-E-BL

Chime Video Doorbell

$509.95

Control4 C4-VDB-E-ACC

$40.00

Yale YRD256-HA2-0BP

$275.00

Foyer/ Front Door Total    $824.95  

Outdoor Audio

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Episode ESA-70V2CH-500W

Episode 500W per Channel, 2 Channels 70 Volt Digital Power Amplifier (IR, RS232, & IP Control)

$2,023.95

Episode ES-LS-BSUB-12-CPR

Episode Landscape Series Burial Subwoofer with 12 in. Woofer (Brown Dome | Each)

$1,701.95

Episode ES-TERRAIN-PB

Episode Terrain Series - Satellite Speaker Pivot Bracket

$26.18

Episode ES-LS-STAKE-12

12 in. Stake Mount for Episode Landscape Satellite Speakers (Each)

$16.16

Episode ES-LS-SAT-8-BRN

Episode Landscape Series Satellite Speaker with 8 in. Woofer, 70-volt/8-ohm (Dark Brown | Each)

$815.95

Outdoor Audio Total    $7,159.06  

Wire & Connector

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY

Wirepath SP-CAT6-SH-1000-BLU

Cat 6 Shielded 23/4 Solid CMG-Rated Wire - 1000 Ft. Drum (Blue)

$737.95

Wirepath NST-CAT6-1000-GRN

Cat 6 Unshielded 23/4 Solid CMG-Rated Wire 1000 Ft. Nest in Box (Green)

$281.95

Wirepath NST-122-DB-500-WH

12awg, 2 Cond, Direct Burial, 65 Strand, Wet Slick, OFC

OutDoor Audio Wire

$498.95

Leon Speakers 16/4 ICE Cable
$475.00

Wire & Connector Total    $4,720.70  

Labor Estimate

We are estimating it would take a team of 4 up to 4 days to install eight cameras and run all the wires needed. Rates are given as day for supervisor technician and regulars.

Same calculation rate goes for the install.

System programming and Project Management charged by the hour and all documented / kept under signature.

ITEMSSELL PRICEQTY
wrench.png
System Programming/ Project Management
$200.00
wrench.png
Pre-Wire Supervisor Day
$800.00
wrench.png
General Prewire Man/ Day

team of 3 Technicians Total 3 days Estimated for Pre wire

$600.00
wrench.png
General Install - Supervisor - Day
$800.00
wrench.png
General Install Tech - Day
$600.00
wrench.png
Project Management & System Programming
$500.00

Labor Estimate Total    $28,200.00  

Financial Summary

Parts Total
$60,791.71
Labor Total
$28,200.00
Subtotal
$88,991.71

40hrs of “management and programming” @ $200 a hr.. then 12hrs @ $500 hr..  I would never call that person again.  

14 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

40hrs of “management and programming” @ $200 a hr.. then 12hrs @ $500 hr..

Ah well... there's management and programming and then there's like senior management and er, senior...programming.  Oh, and working out why there are no remote controls.  That'll be another $10k.