C4 Forums | Control4

C4 IOS today’s update bring in faster experience

Amr

19 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Thanks Jonathan, I will speak to my dealer about upgrading.

@zaphod,
You will definitely see improvements with OS 3.2.4, but the HC800 couldn't support all the changes needed to work with the new servers.  So you would need to replace the HC800 with a EA, CA, or CORE series controller to see all the speed improvements.

I do have an EA-3 but it is a secondary controller, when we added this we kept the HDC-800 as the main controller.  I also have several other HC-800s on my system.

Is it a lot of work to switch them main controller over from the HC-800 to the EA-3?

5 hours ago, zaphod said:

I do have an EA-3 but it is a secondary controller, when we added this we kept the HDC-800 as the main controller.  I also have several other HC-800s on my system.

Is it a lot of work to switch them main controller over from the HC-800 to the EA-3?

Actually not a lot depending on how much ports u r using from the main HC800, of u r using the relays, IR and serial ports u will have some work to do when moving to the EA3, so in a nut shell:

- add a spare HC800 to your project and replace the EA3 in that specific location

- Then add the EA3, unregister the old HC800, register the EA3 and migrate your project to it, or just restore your project to it

One last point all your drivers need to be moved to the new MAC and here is the fun part, ur dealer should be able to migrate most of these drivers from his account unless u r using a driver with no keys mgmt then u need to send ur old and new mac and they will provide the new key!

The HC-800 primary controller is in the Home Theatre.  The EA-3 is in my office.  Can I not migrate the system without physically moving the controllers? In other words, migrate the primary controller from the Home Theatre HC-800 to the Office EA-3?

edit - Right now these are also my two ZAPs and roughly half of the Zigbee devices are on each controller.  The other HC-800s aren't acting as ZAPs

30 minutes ago, zaphod said:

The HC-800 primary controller is in the Home Theatre.  The EA-3 is in my office.  Can I not migrate the system without physically moving the controllers? In other words, migrate the primary controller from the Home Theatre HC-800 to the Office EA-3?

edit - Right now these are also my two ZAPs and roughly half of the Zigbee devices are on each controller.  The other HC-800s aren't acting as ZAPs

It doesn’t matter where the location of the main controller is as long as you have a power backup for it as per any decent recommendation!

33 minutes ago, zaphod said:

My understanding is that this is easy with the migration wizard. My dealer did something similar for me (2  different physical locations) 2 or 3 years back and it was an hour or two process (mostly computer time and us chatting while the Controllers did their thing). 

On 5/21/2022 at 12:04 AM, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

We discovered a bug that caused push notifications to become unregistered in some cases which would lead to not receiving incoming call.  We just submitted a 322.20.0 build with a fix to Apple and it will be available as soon as it makes it through their review process. 

If you'd like early access to this build you can get it from TestFlight here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/bI6oH4Gu

After this update the phones are now ringing on a DS2 call - yay

But on answering it just whirrs around on "call connecting" forever - less yay

No issues in connecting a call from a touchscreen though 😕

Version 322.21.0 fixes a number of important issues on both my setups.  However, strangely, I am back to waiting quite a while for the app to settle down after it is opens (having opened fast!).  For instance lights are (mostly) back to taking about 25 seconds (3 seconds load time and another 22 seconds for the lights) to be available/visible whereas on versions 18, 19 and (I think) 20 this was about 4 seconds (all in). 

One other bug that I am seeing (not sure if others see it also) is that custom filters (e.g. on locks and sensors) are not working for me anymore.  Still working on my T4s though.

Edited by South Africa C4 user

6 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Version 322.21.0 fixes a number of important issues on both my setups.  However, strangely, I am back to waiting quite a while for the app to settle down after it is opens (having opened fast!). 

Yes, same experience here. Wallpapers and temperature values are correct again - at the expense of load times. 

I noticed when installing and upon the first connect that it had reverted to showing me details on the Connecting screen aka getting devices, getting project items, etc. The faster load versions never showed those details. 

My theory is the devs rolled back some of that faster load code to fix all the bugs and give themselves time to properly test and rollout the new loading code. 

Just my gut instinct being in the software business for too long. 

Also experiencing slower connect times. I don’t see the “fast connect” icon indicators anymore when I look either. Didn’t there used to be like a lightning bolt or am I remembering something f else.
With that said, my Hikvision cameras seem to be showing reliably again. Didn’t have any issues with my Lilin cameras with the previous version, but Hikvision was acting very strange.

As of this morning as soon as I launch the ios app locally I instantly have access to my system (no loading screen). When away from my local network I have less than one second of loading. I know they are making many changes and working on a lot of stuff in the background but I hope this sticks. Great stuff!

4 hours ago, Rob21 said:

As of this morning as soon as I launch the ios app locally I instantly have access to my system (no loading screen). When away from my local network I have less than one second of loading. I know they are making many changes and working on a lot of stuff in the background but I hope this sticks. Great stuff!

Yeah I’m getting much better performance with connectivity today.  I’m also excited to see that they are improving on it the app. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:37 PM, cjh said:

Yes, same experience here. Wallpapers and temperature values are correct again - at the expense of load times. 

I noticed when installing and upon the first connect that it had reverted to showing me details on the Connecting screen aka getting devices, getting project items, etc. The faster load versions never showed those details. 

My theory is the devs rolled back some of that faster load code to fix all the bugs and give themselves time to properly test and rollout the new loading code. 

Just my gut instinct being in the software business for too long. 

Yes they are rolling back a previous version of the database to handle the issues and DB corruption some reported, am sure they are working on the fix.

For those of you who are seeing the loading progress instead of the spinner we are using this as a way to show a feature we added to help with users who were experiencing timeouts while trying to connect to their system. In the Preferences section there is a toggle in Advanced that says Extended Sync. When on this just makes the connection process have a longer time to try and connect and sync. When that feature is on the app will show the progress bar to indicate a sync is happening with the project not just a connect to the project. Sync's can take much more time especially if you have a large project. What appears to be a revert in the code is actually reusing some old visual behavior to specifically indicate what's happening when connecting. Sync or just connect. The underlying code wasn't reverted.

However some changes can affect your experience in unintended ways. Once you feel you have an issue be sure to report it in the Troubleshoot board to make sure we get visibility on outstanding issues. Not all of the devs will dig through this post looking for latest comments on the releases. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.