C4 Forums | Control4

Notifications not working

This is quite concerning. Looks like something central at C4 is down which means if something bad is happening at my home, I’ll never know. Classic definition of a single point of failure. This is so bad from a security system software architecture point of view. 

Can we get someone from C4 to give us a better update?

Notifications were working on some of my iOS devices but not in others. Disabled/deleted and then re-enabled devices in mycontrol4.com portal except for an iPad.

RESULTS:

Notifications still working on the iPad as expected (the one I did not touch).

Notifications in the working devices that I disabled/deleted and re-enabled NOW NOT working.

Notifications in the ones that were not working (which I disabled/deleted and re-enabled) still not working.

Hopefully we will get a bit more insight into this.

40 minutes ago, Rori said:

Notifications were working on some of my iOS devices but not in others. Disabled/deleted and then re-enabled devices in mycontrol4.com portal except for an iPad.

RESULTS:

Notifications still working on the iPad as expected (the one I did not touch).

Notifications in the working devices that I disabled/deleted and re-enabled NOW NOT working.

Notifications in the ones that were not working (which I disabled/deleted and re-enabled) still not working.

Hopefully we will get a bit more insight into this.

Interesting. I have 2 residences and am getting no notifications (from either on any of my iOS devices)

On 5/29/2022 at 9:24 AM, James McKernan said:

This is quite concerning. Looks like something central at C4 is down which means if something bad is happening at my home, I’ll never know. Classic definition of a single point of failure. This is so bad from a security system software architecture point of view. 

Can we get someone from C4 to give us a better update?

I rarely use C4 notification, rather I use Pushover and Pushsafer to deliver custom alerts to my IOS devices. The driver I use is Chowmain’s Notification suite!

This issue and emails stopping working for long emails (back in February and still ongoing - see separate thread) are 2 very weird issues that have taken a surprisingly long time to resolve.  I am sure there is a good reason!  But it is strange that there has been no status update on this (or acknowledgement of either issue).

11 hours ago, Amr said:

I rarely use C4 notification, rather I use Pushover and Pushsafer to deliver custom alerts to my IOS devices. The driver I use is Chowmain’s Notification suite!

@Amr Do the pushover notifications also allow for sending/receiving images as part of the notifications or are they text onlly?

10 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

This issue and emails stopping working for long emails (back in February and still ongoing - see separate thread) are 2 very weird issues that have taken a surprisingly long time to resolve.  I am sure there is a good reason!  But it is strange that there has been no status update on this (or acknowledgement of either issue).

Yeah, the silent treatment is unprofessional and does not put C4 in the best of lights. Anyone considering installing C4 as a new customer should be weary.

Also, I am sorry but I do not agree with your "there is a good reason" statement. There is no good reason for a lack of response from a company that touts itself on keeping you and your home secure when they know their underlying architecture is a complete mess and has a single point of failure. Yes, software breaks from time to time, but this is why one has to have on-call staff and resources for mission critical elements.

I've written to C4 support, pinged my dealer, tweeted at C4, @mentioned employees who frequent these forums.... yet nothing back from anyone. Complete silence!

Now during this time of a paid service being dead, if something bad happens at my residence and I am unable to take timely action because I am not notified, is C4 liable? I certainly hope so. 

20 minutes ago, James McKernan said:

Yeah, the silent treatment is unprofessional and does not put C4 in the best of lights. Anyone considering installing C4 as a new customer should be weary.

Also, I am sorry but I do not agree with your "there is a good reason" statement. There is no good reason for a lack of response from a company that touts itself on keeping you and your home secure when they know their underlying architecture is a complete mess and has a single point of failure. Yes, software breaks from time to time, but this is why one has to have on-call staff and resources for mission critical elements.

I've written to C4 support, pinged my dealer, tweeted at C4, @mentioned employees who frequent these forums.... yet nothing back from anyone. Complete silence!

Now during this time of a paid service being dead, if something bad happens at my residence and I am unable to take timely action because I am not notified, is C4 liable? I certainly hope so. 

I don’t think liability will withhold, u need to read the entire terms of the service your signed with them, Push notification is part of a subscription based 4Sight, read that section well and you will for sure find closes shielding them from any liability caused by interruption of service for as long as they are working on the fix!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.