C4 Forums | Control4

New Yale Lock Compatability

ejn1

On 1/31/2023 at 6:02 AM, Dueport said:

I can’t speak to other models that use the Yale Access app, but I can report definitively that, with the Assure 2 locks with C4 zigbee module installed, the app can continue communicating with the lock (you can setup and manage auto lock from the app in this way - as well as a number of settings, lock firmware upgrade, etc) as long as it is in Bluetooth range of the lock.  I believe the Assure 2 has a built in Bluetooth radio which does not deactivate when the C4 module is in there and in this way allows advanced features and lock control through the app. Really like the Yale Assure 2 and C4 module combo - C4 integration remains perfect totally reliable, user management and all C4 features work great!

Do you know if I can use the C4 zigbee module and at the same time pair a Yale wifi bridge to the built in bluetooth of the lock? That way there would be both C4 zigbee integration as well as Yale app connectivity even when not in bluetooth range. 

7 hours ago, ashwinmj said:

Do you know if I can use the C4 zigbee module and at the same time pair a Yale wifi bridge to the built in bluetooth of the lock? That way there would be both C4 zigbee integration as well as Yale app connectivity even when not in bluetooth range. 

That's an interesting question - I didn't know about the Yale wifi bridge product. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. Bluetooth is built into every lock and normally to add wifi you'd use the wifi module but that would preclude using the C4 zigbee module. But I see what you're saying about whether the wifi bridge paired to the lock's bluetooth would work, then maybe if that works you could plug in the zigbee module and have that work too. If the Yale wifi bridge is compatible with the Assure 2 locks then maybe this would work but I don't think we'll know unless somebody tests it. Sorry I can't be more helpful. 

5 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Sorry, I'll rephrase. What would be the benefit?

If it’s just a single task of unlocking the door remotely, the Yale app is a lot quicker than doing it via the C4 app in terms of the number of taps and load time. With Wi-Fi connectivity, I can also get access to the Door Sense status in C4. 

5 hours ago, RyanE said:

I assume someone doesn't want to pay for 4Sight...

Nope, I have 4Sight

Hi! I'm in the process of doing a new setup for a home I'm building. I really wanted a lock with fingerprint sensor, but going through my Control4 consultant, there was none that was compatible with Control4 at the time.
I just saw that Yale released a Yale Assure Lock 2 Touch with a fingerprint sensor! I brought this app to my Control4 consultant and he told me he needed to check whether this is going to be compatible with the Control4 app because otherwise I would be stuck to using the Yale app to manage it.
For what I've read so far here, it seems that Yale Assure Lock 2 are compatible with Control4 app as long as you install a zigbeemodule in it? is that right?
Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm totally new to this world and trying to wrap my head around some concepts and how things work.

3 minutes ago, nachoargentina said:

Hi! I'm in the process of doing a new setup for a home I'm building. I really wanted a lock with fingerprint sensor, but going through my Control4 consultant, there was none that was compatible with Control4 at the time.
I just saw that Yale released a Yale Assure Lock 2 Touch with a fingerprint sensor! I brought this app to my Control4 consultant and he told me he needed to check whether this is going to be compatible with the Control4 app because otherwise I would be stuck to using the Yale app to manage it.
For what I've read so far here, it seems that Yale Assure Lock 2 are compatible with Control4 app as long as you install a zigbeemodule in it? is that right?
Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm totally new to this world and trying to wrap my head around some concepts and how things work.

Short answer is the rest of the assure two line is, but it's unclear if this new fingerprint model will support the zigbee card. It's already been said it does not support the Z-Wave card, so it is unlikely that it will support the zigby card at launch

7 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Short answer is the rest of the assure two line is, but it's unclear if this new fingerprint model will support the zigbee card. It's already been said it does not support the Z-Wave card, so it is unlikely that it will support the zigby card at launch

Got it, thanks for the quick answer. I guess we'll have to wait and see. When you said that it is likely that it won't support it "at launch", you mean that it might eventually support it? is this because they eventually like upgrade the firmware to allow for it? or is it because C4 comes out with a new card that is compatible?

2 hours ago, nachoargentina said:

Got it, thanks for the quick answer. I guess we'll have to wait and see. When you said that it is likely that it won't support it "at launch", you mean that it might eventually support it? is this because they eventually like upgrade the firmware to allow for it? or is it because C4 comes out with a new card that is compatible?

More likely that the lock would have firmware upgraded. They do upgrade the firmware of the lock through the Yale app from time to time which is a benefit of the Yale app over older locks that could never have their firmware upgraded. The firmware of the C4 card can also be upgraded through Composer so that's always a possibility too though.

• 6 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 10:10 AM, Dueport said:

More likely that the lock would have firmware upgraded. They do upgrade the firmware of the lock through the Yale app from time to time which is a benefit of the Yale app over older locks that could never have their firmware upgraded. The firmware of the C4 card can also be upgraded through Composer so that's always a possibility too though.

Stupid question here, but I cannot find the Zigbee ID procedure for the Yale Assure 2 lock that uses the Yale app.  I thought I remember that there is a setting in the app.  Does anyone know what to do on the lock while you have the Zigbee ID window open in composer?

31 minutes ago, Double D said:

Stupid question here, but I cannot find the Zigbee ID procedure for the Yale Assure 2 lock that uses the Yale app.  I thought I remember that there is a setting in the app.  Does anyone know what to do on the lock while you have the Zigbee ID window open in composer?

Did you go through the Yale app and set the lock in automation mode so it recognizes the zigbee module?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, u-20t said:

Has anyone tried the Touch model yet? Will it work with the card? 

Also does the WiFi work version as well or just the BT and add the c4 zigbee? 

I have the Assure 2 Touch. Works fine with the C4 Zigbee module. Codes and lock/unlock are managed by C4 but fingerprints are managed via Yale app. 

On 4/26/2024 at 9:04 AM, chopedogg88 said:

Once you have the c4 module in, power up the lock and then use the keypad, enter your master code then *, then 7* and 1*

Unfortunately this isn’t working for me at our vacation home. I have a Yale Assure Lock 2 (‎YRD450-BLE-0BP) with the C4 Module and when I enter the master/programming code and press the gear button I only see options 3 and 9 nothing for option 7 to enroll the card. Yale support was useless and insisted that the Assure Lock 2 isn’t compatible which we know is false and i have 3 at our primary residence working just fine. I can’t figure this out. I do see the problem lock is running firmware 1.3.16 and the Assure 2 locks at our primary residence are running 1.3.4, and two are running 1.3.0. My thoughts are that either this card is bad or the newer firmware version blocks the C4 module. Can anyone please see if they have a lock with 1.3.16 firmware working with the C4 module? Any other ideas on what the problem?

On 4/26/2024 at 7:35 AM, msgreenf said:

Did you go through the Yale app and set the lock in automation mode so it recognizes the zigbee module?

Good thought Mitch anyone know where in the app the automation mode can be activated I can’t find it

3 hours ago, dblessing said:

but fingerprints are managed via Yale app. 

Does lock pass fingerprint user  id into control4 even though setup in Yale app? Or just state change?

29 minutes ago, RAV said:

Does lock pass fingerprint user  id into control4 even though setup in Yale app? Or just state change?

I haven't found a way for this. I don't think the driver is setup for it. It would be nice if C4 and Yale talked and developed this.