C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.3.3

3 hours ago, J to the D said:

That menu looks good. Might have to get the dealer to do the update. 

Yes, after the update u need to power cycle each unit to get the new menu, not sure why it doesn’t pick up the menu after the upgrade! Anyways not too much of a work around!

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Presumably because it has to load something from/into bios/underlying OS to enable it.

On each Android device, I had to update the c4 apps, go to settings and do "sync settings" TWICE on each device. Never showed up after the first sync. Second sync caught it every time. 

Didn't reboot my controller. 

That being said, I'm curious to see where they take this. I liked the original c4 slide out menu. Interim, this feels like a change to train users for the next big change. 

56 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

On each Android device, I had to update the c4 apps, go to settings and do "sync settings" TWICE on each device. Never showed up after the first sync. Second sync caught it every time. 

Didn't reboot my controller. 

That being said, I'm curious to see where they take this. I liked the original c4 slide out menu. Interim, this feels like a change to train users for the next big change. 

Yes no need to reboot controllers just T3/T4, close/open mobile app twice!

The Android App and the T4s look much better than the iOS app.  On the iOS app, the background disappears almost 100% when the menu flies out…

Also on the iOS app (at least on my 2 systems which are quite large!) the newest version of the app is noticeably slower to be ready for use. Once the creek pops up there is a delay of 2-3 seconds before one can get any response from touching anything…

11 hours ago, dinom said:

Maybe it’s just me, but after looking at these screen shots I like the older menu style better. The new icons are much smaller and don’t match the style of the buttons on the main screen. The color scheme doesn’t look good to me either. Oh well. 

Agree.  There is something very inconsistent in the GUI of the "fly out" menu and the color scheme and font is horrid.  Hard pass until they fix that.  I'd be OK with the "hamburger" because that is a consistently used GUI element as opposed to the C4 logo, but the actual menu looks cheap / not well thought.

Also, anyone looked at the Control4 website lately?   https://www.control4.com  - Scroll down a bit to the picture of the T4.  I've never seen the "Dashboard" before.  Perhaps the dealer/Control4 just setup a room and called it "Dashboard" or this is some new setting.  Either way, seems like a good idea.  Right now I just have my most commonly used room (Living Room) loaded up with all of my favorites for things like Alarm, Cameras, Good Night macro, etc. even though they do not "live" in that room.  Dashboard seems like a good idea for a new room unless someone knows if this is a new function?  Feedback?

26 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Agree.  There is something very inconsistent in the GUI of the "fly out" menu and the color scheme and font is horrid.  Hard pass until they fix that.  I'd be OK with the "hamburger" because that is a consistently used GUI element as opposed to the C4 logo, but the actual menu looks cheap / not well thought.

Also, anyone looked at the Control4 website lately?   https://www.control4.com  - Scroll down a bit to the picture of the T4.  I've never seen the "Dashboard" before.  Perhaps the dealer/Control4 just setup a room and called it "Dashboard" or this is some new setting.  Either way, seems like a good idea.  Right now I just have my most commonly used room (Living Room) loaded up with all of my favorites for things like Alarm, Cameras, Good Night macro, etc. even though they do not "live" in that room.  Dashboard seems like a good idea for a new room unless someone knows if this is a new function?  Feedback?

This can be done today with favoriting a room called “Dashboard”, it’s a taste thing but I always like my desktop with less icon, the most used ones only lives, rest is hidden!

On 4/22/2023 at 8:39 AM, dinom said:

Maybe it’s just me, but after looking at these screen shots I like the older menu style better. The new icons are much smaller and don’t match the style of the buttons on the main screen. The color scheme doesn’t look good to me either. Oh well. 

Yeah - I agree.  The styling of the new menu is pretty bad.  The icons/fonts of the "old" menu are much nicer in my opinion.  

40 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Yeah - I agree.  The styling of the new menu is pretty bad.  The icons/fonts of the "old" menu are much nicer in my opinion.  

Considering the drop-down menu is for navigating, I must say I really like the speed and efficiency of using the new menu for getting to the screen you want. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 8:39 AM, dinom said:

If I had never used Control4 before and saw these screenshots, I'd assume this is from OS 2 or something really old.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.