C4 Forums | Control4

SiriusXM

Hi all,

I'm trying to login to SiriusXM through C4 and nothing works.  I therefore changed my password on the SiriusXM site and tried again to connect through C4 with the new credentials, still no success.  I also have tried from the driver and same result.  Here's the LUA output and hoping someone can help.  Note: XXX is the right password

12/28/23 14:32:16.663 : 
  ReceivedFromProxy: 5001
  SettingChanged
        ----PARAMS----
  ROOMID               = 91
  SEQ                  = 15
  LOCALE               = en_CA
  NAVID                = fac6b8dee7405511-1ba3b0fa-4c70-80d08c5d7c5677b747f3c32fa89
        ----ARGS----
  PropertyName         = password
  ScreenId             = SettingsScreen
  Value                = xxx
<--
-->
12/28/23 14:32:16.682 : 
  ReceivedFromProxy: 5001
  LogInCommand
        ----PARAMS----
  ROOMID               = 91
  SEQ                  = 16
  LOCALE               = en_CA
  NAVID                = fac6b8dee7405511-1ba3b0fa-4c70-80d08c5d7c5677b747f3c32fa89
<--
12/28/23 14:32:16.725 : Login error:503
12/28/23 14:32:46.771 : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:33:16.808 : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:33:46.845 : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:34:16.909 : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:34:46.959 : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:35:16.996 : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:35:47.34  : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:36:17.83  : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:36:47.129 : GetDeviceRouting error:503
12/28/23 14:37:17.170 : GetDeviceRouting error:503

I reported this to C4 about 15 hours ago.  I don't see the same LUA in your snippet @cgboulet that I am seeing, but I'm getting a 503 error indicating a service unavailable.  I don't know if Sirius has changed something or what, but if they have, I think this will take a driver revision to fix.   So far, I haven't seen an update from C4.

12 hours ago, treynolen said:

I reported this to C4 about 15 hours ago.  I don't see the same LUA in your snippet @cgboulet that I am seeing, but I'm getting a 503 error indicating a service unavailable.  I don't know if Sirius has changed something or what, but if they have, I think this will take a driver revision to fix.   So far, I haven't seen an update from C4.

Same!! And for once I'm glad I'm not alone. I do know they recently changed their UI on their app so I'm suspicious they monkeyed around elsewhere as well. In testing my password I did notice their online login has changed to prompt for MFA with the option to use password. I am on driver 108, maybe a simple change will be required.

image.thumb.png.25e6d03ce4eb9f8892d7da4ecaace79f.png

I have same problem. All other channels work fine on C4 and S/XM works fine in car and with S/XM app on phone. 

Prompt from C4 when selecting S/XM is to authenticate by going to Settings and putting in password. Unfortunately, nothing happens when I put in p/w and touch “Log In”. 

Hopefully, C4 will fix quickly. Christmas Holidays is a poor time to make apparent software changes without being prepared to fix problems. 

Am I right in thinking that the driver in question is Control4's? If so, it seems like Control4 would need to update their driver to address the MFA error that's causing the issue (appears).

It doesn't look like there's a problem with SXM's software itself, but rather that the authentication method used in the driver isn't compatible with the latest security measures implemented by SXM.

Edited by Jimmybean21
Duplicate authentication

6 hours ago, Jimmybean21 said:

Am I right in thinking that the driver in question is Control4's? If so, it seems like Control4 would need to update their driver to address the MFA error that's causing the issue (appears).

It doesn't look like there's a problem with SXM's software itself, but rather that the authentication method used in the driver isn't compatible with the latest security measures implemented by SXM.

A security measure largely unannounced and with a shutdown of existing login methods unannounced to (all) partners. At least that is what seems to have occurred here.

Yes C4 will need to update the driver, but SXM making this change days before Christmas, then shutting down old auth. servers on a Thursday/Friday and then one before the new year is not exactly ... forward thinking.

Regardless, the software CHANGE was done by SXM: the fact that C4 needs to fix/update the driver notwithstanding. The question will be what it would take to change the driver: could be a simple fix potentially, could mean needing to work with SXM to set up a 'linking' page along the lines of nest/google integration....that I don't know.

I am no expert here but I thought this is why C4 is closing “back door”/unauthoriezd drivers so customers don’t experience these kind of outages.

I dont think anyone here knows specifically - but if C4 is an authorized SXM partner shouldn’t they have been given a heads up that there will be a change in authentication?  

If you use SXM with Sonos or Heos did it go down or are you able to re log in using MFA?  What about Savant or Crestron?  I am sure there are other 3rd parties too - how was it handled there?

In the grand scheme of things, with Shairplay and other options I wouldnt say this is mission critical, but just funny to me they closed down unauthorized drivers to prevent situations like this - waking up and something not working because of changes in protocols.

There's a Google hub thread out there indicating Google wasn't aware either.

Bad timing on SiriusXM side to change at the holiday, wouldn't surprise me if it's related to a server contract expiring end of year.
Have to wait for it to be sorted, and frankly, an outage isn't good, but a knee jerk new driver release by Control4 at the holiday without fully testing could be worse for many.

I am also having an issue with SiriusXm Looks like their app was updated that started the login problem There is also no reset password from the control4 system I had to use my iphone app to reset the password  App works on the Iphone

Same.  Love this forum.  Always on top of these things.  I have mostly shifted to Pandora and Tidal for my default sources so just now noticed this.  Seems like sub-par processes from SiriusXM.  Confusing and Disappointing.  

I have same issue since 12/29.  Roughly around the time i notice that the SiriusXM app on iOS had changed (a downgrade from the previous iOS and CarPlay version I have to say).  Hope it won’t take too long for C4 to adapt to Sirius’ changes.  Hard to believe in this day and age that they wouldn’t have alerted streaming partners to the change.

11 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

This is fixed, Control4 took no action, but SiriusXM had an issue on their end...

Magic! "Issue" is creative marketing for making a change that will likely be officially coming soon :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.