C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 3.0

Touchscreens are a wow factor but given the prevence of iPads and TV's in home, I can see them being only selectively used while voice, location, programming be much more interative and useful.

I agree. I only have 2.

But I could finance and charge 10 percent interest

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

So if I financed c4 hardware you would upgrade?

Its Ok I can afford it Just - Just think the iPhone argument is very stupid

Just in process of been updated - Wish to Check how thing runs on HC800 before Looking at a EA3/5

Lets see how this Goes

20 minutes ago, Gene said:

That model would only work if C4 would be an alarm company and have necessary recurring monthly revenue (which might be the direction after SnapAV purchase).

I have to think that C4 is trying to figure out how to move this model - pretty much every software company in the world is switching to this model.  Typically PE firms love the recurring revenue model and C4/Snap is owned by a PE firm.

I already pay for alarm services so if they added 4sight for $10/mo, alarm for $15/mo, hardware etc...  I don't think it would be unreasonable to pay $100/month but would have to see new hardware and integration thats noteworthy. 

The problem with starting this now, is that most tech companys have already institued this with services that are necessary (i.e. alarm) so hopefully SnapAV will have 'other' linked services they can sell to the consumer (things they believe a consumer would want but doesn't know it yet) and entice such expansion of the home.

1 minute ago, Gene said:

I already pay for alarm services so if they added 4sight for $10/mo, alarm for $15/mo, hardware etc...  I don't think it would be unreasonable to pay $100/month but would have to see new hardware and integration thats noteworthy. 

I love my Control4 but not a chance in hell I'd pay $100 per month

4 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

I love my Control4 but not a chance in hell I'd pay $100 per month

At some point recurring revenues will be possible to achieve the best experience with the newest technology.

$100/mo for your home is chump-change vs intitial outlay of for all tech that gets outdated in a year that's why touchscreens etc. will be seldom used and other services will be incremental/mo depending upon how involved/integrated you want to get.

Having all the tech integrated is what your paying for - having that updated regularly cost $ (Apple does hardware but free OS).  I can a little of both with C4.

1 minute ago, Gene said:

At some point recurring revenues will be possible to achieve the best experience with the newest technology.

$100/mo for your home is chump-change vs intitial outlay of for all tech that gets outdated in a year that's why touchscreens etc. will be seldom used and other services will be incremental/mo depending upon how involved/integrated you want to get.

Having all the tech integrated is what your paying for - having that updated regularly cost $ (Apple does hardware but free OS).  I can a little of both with C4.

Thats the day I pull it all out of my home and go back to an un-automated life. 

I prefer to own my equipment not lease, I don't lease phones, cars, or anything else.  I'm not about to start doing so with my light switches, audio equipment, etc.  I also don't pay for alarm monitoring, never have never will... I understand others will, just saying I would refuse to do so. 

1 minute ago, cdepaola said:

Thats the day I pull it all out of my home and go back to an un-automated life. 

I prefer to own my equipment not lease, I don't lease phones, cars, or anything else.  I'm not about to start doing so with my light switches, audio equipment, etc.  I also don't pay for alarm monitoring, never have never will... I understand others will, just saying I would refuse to do so. 

Yeah I get it and that model might exist as the 'basics' but for true home automation and all the new technology, the $ will be provided in the services...

I can def see things changing for the good with the SnapAV purchase even though it might increase total cost, integration will be that much better/focused on providing a total solution.

3 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Got it up and running :)

I like it - But still only getting 720p on my EA1 - Is that because I`m using a HC800 as the main Controller ?

Also have a old mini Ipad which can not go passed  2.10.5.7 (Ipad Version) works with 3 - But in the Old GUI - Thank You

Like moving Icons around - That's Cool !!

I updated the house this morning, process was as smooth as it typically is. I removed the last speaker point I had out of the project (been around since my HTC and the 1.6 or 1.7 days - it was time!) and kicked off the update.

New UI is nice, ability to customize it on the app is cool. Beyond that, we shall see.

02.thumb.jpg.132ba5ce4e87c666f1e5af97e63fb25f.jpg     01.thumb.jpg.e597673bb0e5233acb80ecfa9e10ca61.jpg

So it looks like we are going to have to wait 😪... hopefully only until tomorrow!

We have bricked an HC250, removed the Wakeup agent (I now need to get the newer wake up/goodnight agent working - I’ve never got it working with Digital music in the past), and moved the OSD for our theater from an HC800 slave to our EA5 Director (hopefully this won’t slow down the EA5).

But we cannot proceed because the Domosapiens DSC Powerseries Driver identifies itself as a V1 proxy driver and is blocked by OS3 despite the fact it is definitely a V2 proxy driver!  Hopefully Domosapiens resolve the issue quickly!

I see that the iTunes director is listed as losing functionality... that will be a pity... we really need more, not less Apple support.

6 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

So it looks like we are going to have to wait 😪... hopefully only until tomorrow!

We have bricked an HC250, removed the Wakeup agent (I now need to get the newer wake up/goodnight agent working - I’ve never got it working with Digital music in the past), and moved the OSD for our theater from an HC800 slave to our EA5 Director (hopefully this won’t slow down the EA5).

But we cannot proceed because the Domosapiens DSC Powerseries Driver identifies itself as a V1 proxy driver and is blocked by OS3 despite the fact it is definitely a V2 proxy driver!  Hopefully Domosapiens resolve the issue quickly!

I see that the iTunes director is listed as losing functionality... that will be a pity... we really need more, not less Apple support.

Kudos to Domosapiens who replied to my email within 10 minutes to say that they identified the problem over the weekend and believe that the issue arose in the last 2 weeks with some final change to Composer 3.0... They had also identified that the driver was showing as obsolete in the driver database which it shouldn’t (and they are happy that it was working fine in the beta versions of Composer 3.0 up until 2 weeks ago).  Interestingly when my dealer looked to see the obsolete status, he noted that the driver has now vanished from the online driver database... hopefully this means that it will reappear shortly and no longer be obsolete!  They are liaising with C4 to sort the issue.

Waiting on tenterhooks!

One tweak to the app that would be nice is to show the wallpaper on the room selector too. It shows it in the settings menu where you choose wallpapers, and it is a nice touch. But not when you’re actually looking at the list of rooms to switch into.

zVEuQhp.png

ISEfszs.png

1 hour ago, THawes said:

I updated the house this morning, process was as smooth as it typically is. I removed the last speaker point I had out of the project (been around since my HTC and the 1.6 or 1.7 days - it was time!) and kicked off the update.

New UI is nice, ability to customize it on the app is cool. Beyond that, we shall see.

02.thumb.jpg.132ba5ce4e87c666f1e5af97e63fb25f.jpg     01.thumb.jpg.e597673bb0e5233acb80ecfa9e10ca61.jpg

Great UI, hopefully we get a list of other enhancements ... Enjoy ...

After upgrading, the Intercom is not working.

• One T3 is always "Not Ready" status.
  • When pressing the intercom icon I don't get a list of the 7 T3s in my home.

Things I tried:

• I removed and reinstalled the "Not ready" T3.
  • Remove and install communication agent.
  • Reboot All T3s  and the main controller.

12 minutes ago, Zuhair said:

After upgrading, the Intercom is not working.

• One T3 is always "Bot Ready" status.
  • When pressing the intercom icon I don't get a list of the 7 T3s in my home.

Things I tried:

• I removed and reinstalled the "Not ready" T3.
  • Remove and install communication agent.
  • Reboot All T3s  and the main controller.

Ahhh, the joys of upgrading versus starting new.  Hopefully things will work out.  I think I'm gonna start new since its been years since I did and given 3.0 its time....but all that programming!

Any word or hints on new hardware?  I've heard that 3.0 includes icons/OSD that support 4k, however even the newest EA series controllers only support 1080p output.  Interested to find out if 4k output controllers are on the horizon (would also answer the issue/question of security camera display being limited to 720p).

I'm always wanting to be on the latest and greatest, but unless Control4 allows for some really great upgrade pricing (or the secondary market for EA controllers is wonderful - doubtful), it would be a bitter pill to swallow upgrading controllers (that I personally just purchased)  just to see a pretty 4k interface on screen and better camera resolution through the C4 OSD Navigator versus just pulling up the NVR directly as a source...

Any word or hints on new hardware?  I've heard that 3.0 includes icons/OSD that support 4k, however even the newest EA series controllers only support 1080p output.  Interested to find out if 4k output controllers are on the horizon (would also answer the issue/question of security camera display being limited to 720p).
I'm always wanting to be on the latest and greatest, but unless Control4 allows for some really great upgrade pricing (or the secondary market for EA controllers is wonderful - doubtful), it would be a bitter pill to swallow upgrading controllers (that I personally just purchased)  just to see a pretty 4k interface on screen and better camera resolution through the C4 OSD Navigator versus just pulling up the NVR directly as a source...
No new hardware announced

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.