C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 3.0

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

And apparently the Domosapiens DSC Driver was erroneously added to a block list and C4 is resolving now... so hopefully myself and anyone else with this driver can upgrade soon... 🤞

If I had to guess, the driver was built using the original DSC driver, and that's why it got flagged. As I understand it, Composer checks the source codes for drivers, not any name etc. In other words, drivers aren't blacklisted as such, specific codes and tags are.

Also how can I get light levels and thermostat control back to the TV OSD?
You don't. They are removed from osd for now. Osd is the focused temporary and some controls may come back in a future release

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, digitaltrader said:

Seems little counter intuitive to not control lights and thermostats on the OSD without extra work.

I don't disagree, and hope full control will return at some point, but the focus has been on media and cameras from what I've seen, and creating an OSD that isn't 'just a port' from the T3 screens with somewhat awkward controls instead of touch control.

It seems clear to me that a LOT of work went into the OSD so far, more may yet be coming.

4 minutes ago, digitaltrader said:

I’m frustrated that the door stations (I have  2) can’t be used in OS 3.0.  They have never been supported well by C4.

These suffered heavily from a missed limitation in the chips they used, something that from what I know just couldn't be overcome. With DS2 getting the app, I'm thinking it was time to let these go.

In an update mainly focused on UI changes, I can't understand why they stop support of items like door stations and speaker points. Even a controller that is more a slave than a primary unit, why would you not just support it albeit on older firmware?

All driven at selling more hardware. In an industry of pretty poor suppliers and some new upcoming players why would you alienate everyone?

16 minutes ago, The_Scale said:

In an update mainly focused on UI changes, I can't understand why they stop support of items like door stations and speaker points. Even a controller that is more a slave than a primary unit, why would you not just support it albeit on older firmware?

All driven at selling more hardware. In an industry of pretty poor suppliers and some new upcoming players why would you alienate everyone?

They make money on the sale of hardware, not really the sale of software. 

It's crazy when people throw out comparisons of upgrading your iPhone every 2 years.  I use my iPhone more then my Control4 system in its entirety, let alone a touchscreen, controller, etc.  

Chalk it up as a lesson learned and minimize your investment in Control4 products.  Whenever possible buy third party products.  No more touchscreens, speaker points and controllers behind TV's for me.

1 hour ago, thegreatheed said:

Yeah it's ridiculous to make the TV GUI focused on Watch and Listen. 

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but yeah, It's sort of ridiculous that they REMOVED something that clearly MANY people used from the OSD.

1 hour ago, thegreatheed said:

Yeah it's ridiculous to make the TV GUI focused on Watch and Listen. 

I actually kind of agree with you. No reason for a TV user interface to be used for adjusting lighting and thermostats. With that said, when you take functionality away, people will get upset. 

I would actually take it a step further and get rid of the OSD all together. Lot of wasted software and hardware development time for something that probably rarely gets used outside showrooms and marketing videos. 

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but yeah, It's sort of ridiculous that they REMOVED something that clearly MANY people used from the OSD.
What is your scientific assement of many people? Sample size and analysis method. I am pretty sure control4 has stats

8 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

What is your scientific assement of many people? Sample size and analysis method. I am pretty sure control4 has stats

It's not scientific.  My statement was more or less based on feedback that I have read in various forums.

48 minutes ago, janthony6 said:

I control my somfy shades using an urtsi- don’t remember the driver - will this work on 3.0?

Depends on the driver, not the device. If it's the C4 original driver, I'm not sure. If it's a 3rd party driver you're fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.