C4 Forums | Control4

NEEO Firmware

Baubas Cat

Just used my NEEO for the first time in a couple of days and noticed Comfort had been added to the Home screen. Is there anywhere to see the NEEO firmware revisions and what has been added? Now that Comfort has been added hopefully they will add Security soon. I know not Cameras but at least Relays. 

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Control4 recommends docking remote overnight to ensure updates apply and don't kill battery

The remote's firmware update won't happen automatically if the remote is out of the dock and the battery level is below a certain percentage (I don't recall what that percentage is).

If the remote is in the dock, it will take the firmware update.

RyanE

16 minutes ago, RyanE said:

The remote's firmware update won't happen automatically if the remote is out of the dock and the battery level is below a certain percentage (I don't recall what that percentage is).

If the remote is in the dock, it will take the firmware update.

RyanE

ah, the KB article wasn't that specific! Thank you for clarifying.

Interesting... it appears that software updates are being pushed to the Neeo remotes independently of updating the OS.  While this is really cool and hopefully will result in more frequent updates, it would also be nice to know what is changing 
Well with such a FW state they have no choice.
No thermostats, incomplete security menuy, no search..... It's an absolute beta WIP FW

1 hour ago, blub said:

Well with such a FW state they have no choice.
No thermostats, incomplete security menuy, no search..... It's an absolute beta WIP FW

13 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

its a Ipad on stick that cost too much - With less control 

But its a new product 

Its a pretty cool new product.  I am enjoying it more than I expected... 😎

But yes, it would be nice to have all of the features available (security, custom buttons and cameras are the most obvious shortcomings at present). And I have no doubt that all of these will sneak up on me one night via a secret update 🤣

Yep, it actually has a back button, but in a lot of cases you'd want 'cancel; and 'back/previous' for cable/sat boxes. Sometimes 'back' is used for cancel, others for previous - it'll depend on the driver, but without both....

I'm just not impresse3d by the device. It works well, and I can see the use if you're a cable-cutter (as in completely, including not using things like Sling TV where you'd still have the same issue) and only use Netflix/Amazon/Disney+/Vudu/HBO/Crave/Hulu/Google/MLB/ESPN/[fill in your additional poison] (how's that total bill looking by the way :) ) where you mostly just use the D-Pad anyway but to me, and most people we've demo'd it for so far, there just not enough buttons.

Funny how no-one ever mentioned that removing all or most of the buttons wouldn't be the greatest idea 😋

Add the still missing features -and no matter that they may be added, until it exists we have no idea what will be the 'final' product- and it is a fancy remote, that looks good, seems to work great as far as the features it has are concerned, that seems to slip out of my hands a lot (my kids aren't going to get their hands on it)

🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

security, custom buttons and cameras are the most obvious shortcomings at present

Assuming they get back to begin with, it'll still be interesting to see how they will be on the remote.

Look at security now, and imagine that same screen on the Neeoo....I foresee a lot of false panic button presses. So that would need to get it's own design.

Cameras I'm not even sure if that's possible to begin with (don't know enough of the underlying operating system to judge either way)

Custom buttons are there already...but no way to name them to what they do. Again I doubt the existing method would work with the Neeoo Screen, so you're looking at yet another set of custom buttons to program.

I'm trying to give the new remote some love, but it's not been made easy for me....

46 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Custom buttons are there already...but no way to name them to what they do. Again I doubt the existing method would work with the Neeoo Screen, so you're looking at yet another set of custom buttons to program. 

I am pretty sure you can name each of the Custom Buttons, if you are talking about the 5 custom ones you can create specifically for the remote. (swipe right from the home screen).

Silly question:

I use Roku with the mini-app drivers to launch sources like Hulu/Netflix/etc.  When I select Netflix, for example, the "current source" section of the Neeo just displays a picture of a Roku and not the actual Netflix icon.  Is it possible to display the Netflix/Hulu/etc icons instead.. or is this just just "how it is" with Roku?

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Precisely but one would think one could (should / will In future) have custom buttons (as favorites in a room) and pushing them pulls up a list (even if it is only the first 5) like the current 5 buttons assigned to the remote...

Oh? Yeah sure.

Would've, could've. should've.

Lots of speculation about what could be happening.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.