C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Pro

Yes, this actually is a human thing not just this thread. Why do you think the Romans had the gladiator fights and today our news focuses on negative things. It's what sells, unfortunately.

I've toyed with starting an online news site that focused on only positive news, maybe someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Positive online news does very well - but you have to use topless well endowed female newscasters...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those hiding out to protect their profits - wait till the guys from India start offering remote services. Change is coming whether for good or bad. I just hope that control4 becomes the apple for home automation instead of just waiting to get bought out.

I elect you as our Indian ambassador...

13 pages now. Let's see if we can hit 15 by the end of today!!

I'm doin' my part!  How come there's no moderators on this board?  We should have a thread on that one...

For the younger generation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_tape

I'm also now committed to helping hit page 15.

Looks like the 8 track lost out too - 

However, constant development of the cassette turned it into a widespread high-fidelity medium and also lowered the cost and complexity.That, combined with the inherent deficiencies of the Stereo 8 format, contributed to its decline. 

;) 

No. I was told I could have a copy of Pro from one dealer. That's my fault for not doing enough research, ie this forum

Exactly - when I was discussing getting C4 with my dealer he said that I could get the Home Edition of Composer and I could do all of the programming of the system that I wanted.  I didn't understand that this meant that I had to call a dealer to set up A/V components or software drivers.  You really don't understand the nuamces of some of these things until you are actually using them.

^Very true but asking questions is free.  In your case, it is the dealer that perhaps needed to qualify his answer.  It's not necessarily Control4's role to hand-hold dealers to that extent.  Above all, it is not proper to slam Control4 over CPro.  I've programmed for 5 years now and I still make mistakes that cost me time.  The potential risk involved due to dissatisfaction and bad publicity (we all like to complain and be heard) should certainly not bode well at C4.  I understand there are those that think the opposite.  I also feel that you guys are dreaming if you think there is a remote chance you could get CPro for $100/yr subscription.  I think it's easier to just become a dealer and sell the min. req. here on the Forums.

I still don't get it- some here make a decent salary and found the money to do the initial install.  What is it about a few hundred spend on upgrades?  Do you really need to do swaps every year??  I have a four unit apartment building with Crestron in each.  Nobody has phoned to ask for changes but maybe once per year now. 

We really are going around in circles. Yes we know you don't want us to have pro and yes we will probably never get it - it is about choice.

I'm not necessarily singling-out anyone in particular.  But, I do read the forum often and it gets pretty scary to see some of the posts.  Yes, I was a "newb" once asking how to nest commands.  When I see an end-user come on here like some web cowboy and the only damn thing this individual has is some complaint over personal choice, it makes me wonder.  The only thing that should be discussed now is either why people are complaining over something they should have known before the spend or suggesting what functionality should be open to end-users. 

Nobody is going to respond to selfish-motivated demands.  In case people don't understand my intentions, I have always backed Control4, spoke highly of Control4 to peers and hope nothing but good decision-making from Control4.  If that's not clear or you don't believe me, oh well...

I love this product. Control4 is awesome. I just wish they would resolve this issue once and for all, so the platform can grow and sell more to consumers: who have now come to expect highly flexible and "easy to live" with software products. That's all I want. Success for this great product.

Archived