C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Pro

some people ive helped in the past had certain things that they didnt want their local dealer to be involved in onsite.....which is understandable when u get diff techs to come out.

remote service for those kind of things can be helpful...or make people feel better, or just have your main tech handle it remotely

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

- Abraham Lincoln -

Zaphod and FireM make great points.

The point is, we are all different.

Long story short: this is precisely why the model has to change

What some dealer or guy "thinks" is best for the customer or the next guy: what they will or won't buy, or when or how often they will upgrade their TV's, or their kids move rooms etc, has nothing to do with it..

That is just the dealers personal opinion...

Hasn't it occurred to you guys, that the end user might not want you (the dealer) to know when a hardware upgrade is going on in their private home? 

That the end user might not want you (the dealer) to express your own personal opinion on what I should or should not want to do within my house?

This is precisely what get's up end users noses..

The private home is sacrosanct

If you don't know what this means, then google.

We call it our private home, because it's.. ummm.... supposed to be ...well.... private

What cheeses folks off is they have to make a call to dealers to have some simple little label change.

I don't want my dealer to know I've got a private little room called "spanking parlour"

Don't you dealer guys get this?

It's ALL ABOUT PRIVACY

A dealer is an AV professional.  it wouldn't be his personal opinion, it would be his professional....

A dealer is an AV professional. it wouldn't be his personal opinion, it would be his professional....

Yes but being an opinion still means it's debatable on if it's an accurate or good opinion.. It's not his professional fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but being an opinion still means it's debatable on if it's an accurate or good opinion.. It's not his professional fact.

Don't disagree

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Correct, whether it's a professional opinion matters not because it's the customer's personal preference how to go about these upgrades. And if the upgrades can be achieved in a manner that satisfies the customer's wishes and doesn't disrupt the C4 dealer model, then who cares? 

So did anyone not know they couldn't update there system themselves when they bought it?

Isn't that the same as saying as an excuse for not releasing an iOS client: "So did anyone not know they couldn't use an iPad with there [sic] system when they bought it?"  I wonder how that would have gone down with customers? We now have an iOS client. We could also have a model that provides more flexibility for DIY users.

^Like I said, people here respond to dirt, problems and arguments. Success stories are boring and you'd be lucky to get 12 posts out of one thread.

Yes, this actually is a human thing not just this thread. Why do you think the Romans had the gladiator fights and today our news focuses on negative things. It's what sells, unfortunately.

I've toyed with starting an online news site that focused on only positive news, maybe someday.

Change will come via good manegement and everyone is kept happy, or by someone coming into the market and making HA cheap

And user friendly.

The last one normally results in the company been sold or taken over.

It's time for strong manegement - the tech markets move very fast - remember what happened to laptops when tablets came out.

For those hiding out to protect their profits - wait till the guys from India start offering remote services. Change is coming whether for good or bad. I just hope that control4 becomes the apple for home automation instead of just waiting to get bought out.

For those hiding out to protect their profits - wait till the guys from India start offering remote services. Change is coming whether for good or bad. I just hope that control4 becomes the apple for home automation instead of just waiting to get bought out.

I said that about a week ago. The smart dealer is working with India to handle these requests and their monitoring contracts.

C4 is not fit and forget. The better dealers have health monitoring and reporting tools etc.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

It's not that hard, it's just some of us like to be able to add bits every now and again, without calling a dealer.

Change is good, I bet you still buy CD's

Never owned a CD, I don't quite get the technology. Got plenty of 8 tracks though, but the still don't sound as good as vinyl.

Cheers!

Yes, this actually is a human thing not just this thread. Why do you think the Romans had the gladiator fights and today our news focuses on negative things. It's what sells, unfortunately.

I've toyed with starting an online news site that focused on only positive news, maybe someday.

Well, yeah, I agree with you.  There have been warm-fuzzy threads in the past.  They were actually boring.  It's probably just me though- I don't get-off on "How to" posts.  If I have spare time, I'll work day/night on my own recipe as opposed to stealing someone's else way of doing the same thing.  As I write this, however, I am beginning to think that there could be more joy here if CPro were handed out :)

Never owned a CD, I don't quite get the technology. Got plenty of 8 tracks though, but the still don't sound as good as vinyl.

Cheers!

I often buy physical media. It's a backup.

Though now I realize that $10 a month to rhapsody means I don't need to manage my own media.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

So did anyone not know they couldn't update there system themselves when they bought it?

No. I was told I could have a copy of Pro from one dealer. That's my fault for not doing enough research, ie this forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, yeah, I agree with you.  There have been warm-fuzzy threads in the past.  They were actually boring.  It's probably just me though- I don't get-off on "How to" posts.  If I have spare time, I'll work day/night on my own recipe as opposed to stealing someone's else way of doing the same thing.  As I write this, however, I am beginning to think that there could be more joy here if CPro were handed out :)

There is no doubt that Control4 has lots of positives going for it. However, other than initial system cost, the ultimate lack of control is the number 1 reason for slow adoption rates. If I could get CPro for my system I would definitely upgrade my hardware. Until then I will wait on the sidelines for Independence Day and continue to advise people to stay far far away from C4.

Archived