C4 Forums | Control4

Something big is coming

JSTRONG

Just now, chopedogg88 said:

A shade isn't just a motor last I checked...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

you are splitting hairs here.  when you think of something large - aka a truck - a shade motor isnt top of mind.  as people mentioned maybe large TVs, appliances, etc.  They arent selling the actual window either, so the tubes/fabric do not really require a truck or the play on words about it being HUGE

it could easily be shades.  The hints just seem off them and not well thought out if its shades - just in my opinion.  its certainly a gap in their product line.

35 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

you are splitting hairs here.  when you think of something large - aka a truck - a shade motor isnt top of mind.  as people mentioned maybe large TVs, appliances, etc.  They arent selling the actual window either, so the tubes/fabric do not really require a truck or the play on words about it being HUGE

it could easily be shades.  The hints just seem off them and not well thought out if its shades - just in my opinion.  its certainly a gap in their product line.

if you say so.... when I think of shades and projection screens, I absolutely think of trucks.  Most shades that I sell are like 12ft wide and require a truck to transport.

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

if you say so.... when I think of shades and projection screens, I absolutely think of trucks.  Most shades that I sell are like 12ft wide and require a truck to transport.

You win like you like to do

i only have 7 motorized windows and the biggest window is about 7’ and fits easily into a small SUV

stupid me

8 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Okay Eric!  I can assure you, these shades didn't fit in a small SUV-

I guess you missed where I said you won Ari.  Congrats on proving all window treatments are huge and require truck rolls.

you know what they say about someone with big windows., don't ya?

56 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

What would we do without video cameras and NVRs to prove that all us dealers are not a bunch of lying buttholes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I guess you failed basic reading comprehension growing up because I told you that you were correct twice.  But your ego needs to be stroked so here it is a 3rd time - Ari is 100% correct and us measly end users are the uninformed.

But do me one favor, point out one thread where I said "all dealers are lying buttholes"?  Of course there are situations that require truck rolls for window shades, same with TVs, if you get a massive 80'' TV you need a truck but a 42'' TV from Best Buy could fit in the back of a car.  a 6' Christmas tree can fit on top of a car but a 15' Christmas tree needs a truck delivery.  I could give you a million other examples of the same item, in various shapes, that require different delivery methods.

I really have zero clue what you are trying to prove (or answer) but continuing to go on and on.  Must be an ego thing where you need the last comment, so hijack the thread again but know I have zero left to say to you on this topic of something "BIG" coming up and the OP mentioned you'd have to back up the truck or something.  To me, in MY OPINION, does not scream window shades. If someone said "this news is so big and bright you'll need sunglasses" then I'd say hmm window treatments.  again that is my OPINION.  there is nothing RIGHT OR WRONG about an OPINION.

I could see them buying a shades company. But it would likely be disappointing like when they bought Neeo.

I think products are best when engineered fromt he ground up to support the vision, instead of buying something that already exists and trying to bend it to your will.

I could see them releasing a minor update to the Controllers. Like EA1 V3, or something like that.

But if its something big it could be something no one is asking for like a 20" touchscreen or something like that. 

If this is true either way I am excited to see what happens on Monday

OMG...all I've been doing since my original post about it possibly being an acquisition of a company that makes very large projection screens and window coverings is defending my OPINION from your attacks.  Nowhere have I said that ALL shades are big and require BIG trucks...not sure where you read that.  I don't care about #winning or having the last word, but clearly you seem to man.  I wasn't even referencing you specifically in my "buttholes" comment...clearly it wasn't a direct quote...but my reading comprehension skills (which helped me graduate from an Ivy League university) have helped me read between the lines on several peoples posts on this forum (including some of yours) where that is the undertone of their commentary (without directly saying that literal phrase)

Anyways, I digress...if you have an opnion on what the big news is, feel free to share it, rather than just poo-pooing other people's guesses/jokes.

thanks and have a great day!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.