C4 Forums | Control4

Josh Ai

C4CA

Just now, cdepaola said:

Did they lower pricing in the last 3-4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It looks like a 1 unit, 1 room, 1 year license can get you under that amount.  It depends on your ability to live with a smaller system or not.  Looks like a really cool system and maybe worth a try in one room.

19 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

It looks like a 1 unit, 1 room, 1 year license can get you under that amount.  It depends on your ability to live with a smaller system or not.  Looks like a really cool system and maybe worth a try in one room.

No. Not correct. 5 rooms 

10 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

No. Not correct. 5 rooms 

but 5 rooms (eg 5 devices) + a 5 room license is waaaay over $1000....   I guess 1 device plus a 5 room license is around that mark but sucks paying for a 5 room license with only 1 device.   Plus when you just "start" off with the starter kit, you are really locking into a minimum of $400/yr in licensing fees unless you buy down multiple years up front.   

Not knocking it at all... to the contrary it looks like a sweet setup but i wouldn't pitch it as inexpensive :)

4 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

but 5 rooms (eg 5 devices) + a 5 room license is waaaay over $1000....   I guess 1 device plus a 5 room license is around that mark but sucks paying for a 5 room license with only 1 device.

You can also control devices via the Josh app.  Agree, doesn't make a lot of sense with 1 device + C4. You would likely want multiple micros in your project.

I'm a new JoshAI dealer and can help get pricing if anyone is interested. 

And the Josh app rocks! it is much nicer then Control4 app IMO

I have a nearly 6000 Sq Ft home with 3 Micros. Master Br, Kitchen and my office. Its great because whatever micro you are near it will control only that room unless you tell it otherwise.

I will be adding more micros eventually. 

14 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

And the Josh app rocks! it is much nicer then Control4 app IMO

I have a nearly 6000 Sq Ft home with 3 Micros. Master Br, Kitchen and my office. Its great because whatever micro you are near it will control only that room unless you tell it otherwise.

I will be adding more micros eventually. 

dont have to sell me on it :) it looks awesome...   maybe the early adopters will get it off the ground so it can be more accessible to more homes costs wise.   I love the idea of no sharing of data and privacy.... It's the reason I dont have a single alexa or google mic in my house.  

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

From my understanding , the price point is not going down at all. Its certainly a luxury item and it is not for everyone. Just like Control4

Any system with a cost base largely driven by recovering R&D costs, system/digital development, AI vs tons of hardware expense likely will come down some as these companies need volume to make money.   Once you make these investments in software, app, AI etc,  the costs are sunk and the next sale costs them very little so volume pushes them towards profitability....

Doesn't mean it wont always be a luxury item but I would think early adopters will fund a disproportionate amount of the start up costs.    Just an opinion of course!

On 10/15/2020 at 9:18 PM, ejn1 said:

Any system with a cost base largely driven by recovering R&D costs, system/digital development, AI vs tons of hardware expense likely will come down some as these companies need volume to make money.   Once you make these investments in software, app, AI etc,  the costs are sunk and the next sale costs them very little so volume pushes them towards profitability....

Doesn't mean it wont always be a luxury item but I would think early adopters will fund a disproportionate amount of the start up costs.    Just an opinion of course!

Look at Tesla as a perfect example. Makes a more expensive Model S and X and Roadster so they can fine tune and get costs down for a more affordable Model 3. 

21 hours ago, ejn1 said:

I was almost there in trying this out but I struggled to get invested into a system with a $400/yr recurring fee.   I hope it's a big success as I absolutely hate the idea of letting amazon or google into my home with an open mic.   Would rather walk over and press a button instead :)  

Sad thing is, the data mazon/Google gets on you is worth a multitude of 400/y 🤔

2 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

It’s much less then $400 per year if you go with 5 years or a lifetime license 

Someone is getting smoke blown up their @r$e...  The numbers I was quoted in the last 3 months did not get me "Much less" then $400 a year with a 5 year license...  Unless your definition of "Much Less" is very strange...

Here is MSRP Pricing for Josh:

Micros are $600 each

5-room license is $400/year, or $1500 for 5 years (so $300/year), or $4000 for a lifetime license ($/year depends on how long you live :) )

15-room license is $800/year, or $2500 for 5 years, or $8000 lifetime

Unlimited room license is $1200/year, or $5500 for 5 years, or $12,000 lifetime

Again, those are MSRP prices, I typically discount off of that depending on purchase size.

I guess the point I was trying to make was that not everyone here buys from Ari and not every dealer discounts off MSRP... I'd argue that many don't...  But by implying what costs "may" be could be detrimental to users and dealers alike.  This is why most forums discourage or even prohibit pricing discussions. 

21 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Here is MSRP Pricing for Josh:

Micros are $600 each

5-room license is $400/year, or $1500 for 5 years (so $300/year), or $4000 for a lifetime license ($/year depends on how long you live :) )

15-room license is $800/year, or $2500 for 5 years, or $8000 lifetime

Unlimited room license is $1200/year, or $5500 for 5 years, or $12,000 lifetime

Again, those are MSRP prices, I typically discount off of that depending on purchase size.

Also depends on how long Josh lives as it probably has a shorter life expectancy than most people.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.