C4 Forums | Control4

Modern Forms Ceiling Fan

malelan

First time I've encountered one of these fans,  purchased by client off Amazon 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q6HSJFW

explicitly says control4,  but can't find anything in driver database for it, wondering if its under a different name brand.

looking at the hardware, looks like it connects via wifi.

anyone have any info?

Wow. Thank you. I never heard of these guys but I looked up this manufacturer and their fans look really nice. I chatted online regarding the C4 driver and they gave me a manufacturer tech number to call. Called the number and they emailed me the C4 driver.

I am going to order a few of their fans and have my dealer install the driver.

May take me a few months to complete, but once I get a few of these fans installed and tested, I will plan to give some feedback.

I suspect they had someone write this driver for them. Anyone know who that might be :).

4 hours ago, C4 User said:

Wow. Thank you. I never heard of these guys but I looked up this manufacturer and their fans look really nice. I chatted online regarding the C4 driver and they gave me a manufacturer tech number to call. Called the number and they emailed me the C4 driver.

May take me a few months to complete, but once I get a few of these fans installed and tested, I will plan to give some feedback.

I suspect they had someone write this driver for them. Anyone know who that might be :).

Care to share that driver?

14 hours ago, C4 User said:

Can you share that driver with us please ? 

11 minutes ago, C4 User said:

Here is the driver the manufacturer emailed me yesterday.

If anyone has one of these fans, I would appreciate any feedback on how well this integration works.

wac_mf_fan_and_light_controller 070620.zip 63.75 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you so much, i don't have it yet.But when i have, i will let you know how is it works.

31 minutes ago, C4 User said:

Here is the driver the manufacturer emailed me yesterday.

If anyone has one of these fans, I would appreciate any feedback on how well this integration works.

wac_mf_fan_and_light_controller 070620.zip 63.75 kB · 1 download

I will be back at the customer I mentioned aboves next week. Should be able to test the fan then as it should be installed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to getthing this fan installed/programmed.

fan connects via ip, and driver works as advertised, no fuss connect ip 2 way control for both fan (6 speed + reverse switch) and led attached light (dimmable)

my only complaint would be that the driver doesn't include button link connections so when you try to link them up to the keypad, you need to do this through programming instead of just making the binding in composer.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 10:02 PM, C4 User said:

I recently received and installed two of these fans on my patio (yes, rated for wet locations). They look great, run whisper quiet, and integrate easily with C4. I highly recommend these fans for C4 integration.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:02 PM, malelan said:

Finally got around to getting this fan installed/programmed.

fan connects via ip, and driver works as advertised, no fuss connect ip 2 way control for both fan (6 speed + reverse switch) and led attached light (dimmable)

my only complaint would be that the driver doesn't include button link connections so when you try to link them up to the keypad, you need to do this through programming instead of just making the binding in composer.

@malelan @C4 User How are both of you liking the fans still? I am about to purchase some ceiling fans and I am very interested in using this one but wanted to hear thoughts after using them for a while. Any issues with C4?

7 hours ago, nukenerd said:

@malelan @C4 User How are both of you liking the fans still? I am about to purchase some ceiling fans and I am very interested in using this one but wanted to hear thoughts after using them for a while. Any issues with C4?

No issues at all. I really like these fans and will be installing a few more of them. They run silent other than you can hear the breeze on high. Only downfall is the driver is only one way - meaning if I turn the fans on with the Modern Form app C4 does not recognize their on. I have not yet contacted Modern Forms but do think they may be willing to update their driver if they knew about this issue - just hasn’t floated to the top of my priorities. 

I have 3 of these fans and have downloaded the driver into composer.  I added the IP address in the connection tab. However, I do not know how to populate the field in the advanced properties tab. I have tried using "notify identity" in the actions tab but that doesn't help. What am I doing wrong?

2 hours ago, nxr said:

I have 3 of these fans and have downloaded the driver into composer.  I added the IP address in the connection tab. However, I do not know how to populate the field in the advanced properties tab. I have tried using "notify identity" in the actions tab but that doesn't help. What am I doing wrong?

Does the Fan work with the Modern Forms app?  

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, Neo1738 said:

This is default yes. I do wish you could do things like move fans to comfort if you want. 

Yeah, this would make the most sense. My installer had put a fan icon that I could favorite - but it only allowed on and off. It looked good with animations and everything, but it didn’t have speed control. 

• 2 years later...

What C4 light switch needs to be spec’d for Modern Forms fans?  As my current fan is AC wired to a C4 fan switch.  Would a programmable KCB switch work?  As I just need forward direction for High, Med, Low, Off.  As the remaining two buttons I would prefer to program for music (on 1 tap/off 2 tap), and the 6th as volume up and down.   

1 hour ago, IBZICON said:

What C4 light switch needs to be spec’d for Modern Forms fans?  As my current fan is AC wired to a C4 fan switch.  Would a programmable KCB switch work?  As I just need forward direction for High, Med, Low, Off.  As the remaining two buttons I would prefer to program for music (on 1 tap/off 2 tap), and the 6th as volume up and down.   

I’m not sure what you mean…the modern form fan uses WiFi and connects to Control4 natively.  You can then control it via any keypad, app, etc….