C4 Forums | Control4

doorbell that works with control4

Look, that’s great for new construction but totally useless for retro’s.  Sidelights and door/wall framing don’t allow for a lot of space around my area.  Full wall cavities are very rare, especially close to door.

My opinion, big miss on design.  Should have just been an RJ45 port and terminals.

The pigtails are one reason why I stopped using their cameras too.  Shouldn’t have to drill large holes to stuff the thing or buy an obnoxiously large junction box.

2 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Look, that’s great for new construction but totally useless for retro’s.  Sidelights and door/wall framing don’t allow for a lot of space around my area.  Full wall cavities are very rare, especially close to door.

My opinion, big miss on design.  Should have just been an RJ45 port and terminals.

The pigtails are one reason why I stopped using their cameras too.  Shouldn’t have to drill large holes to stuff the thing or buy an obnoxiously large junction box.

I don't disagree but Sharing this option as something does exist 

12 hours ago, dinom said:

Why not just use the WiFi version?  Mine has never had a hiccup. 

Curious how well it works for you with intercom?  I had to remove mine as the delay made it unusable.  I moved over to Unifi Doorbell and things have ben way better.

Curious how well it works for you with intercom?  I had to remove mine as the delay made it unusable.  I moved over to Unifi Doorbell and things have ben way better.

How well does the Unifi Doorbell integrate? The entire Control4 doorbell game is a travesty for a luxury home brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, time2jet said:

How well does the Unifi Doorbell integrate? The entire Control4 doorbell game is a travesty for a luxury home brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it integrate? Who made the driver?

Unifi Protect driver is made by cinidev I believe.  You can get it at drivercentral.  It allows you to integrate the camera, doorbell presses, and even smart detections (people/cars).  It will not integrate intercom.  Since intercom is always a crap shoot I have moved on to using Unifi and homekit (Scrpyted) with unifi protect gear. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.