C4 Forums | Control4

Worthwhile Differences between EA5-V2 and EA5-V1?

WhyPhy

6 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Wow! How old are you @Control4Sucks... you changed your user name just for @Cyknight... I am sure he will be impressed...

Time for some maturity here... name calling / name changing is far from that!

As for Savant being better than Control4... thanks for bringing it up. Your posts sent me off searching the web on the pros and cons of each system and my conclusion after a limited investigation (based on reading 10 or 20 articles from what appear to be non-biased reviewers) is that they are both good systems with pros and cons but, if anything, Control4 is marginally ahead.

Are you the forum parent? It's a sarcastic user name. Theres nothing but debate going on here about products and services. Stop acting like people are dishing personal jabs at each other.

Good. I am happy you think Control4 is better based on random web research. I will continue to share factual information when needed that clearly states otherwise. 

On 4/6/2021 at 6:48 AM, eggzlot said:

Never understood why people who do not like a product hang out in their forums and bash it.  It is like they have nothing better to do in their life.  Like I am not a fan of EDM - am I hanging out in EDM forums comparing their latest stars to my favorite musicians in folk and alt country music?  I do not drive a pick up truck, but I drive an SUV - do I hang out in Ford F150 forums telling people to go buy an SUV because they are better?  I dunno, I guess I figure people have a better use of their time - but maybe I gave you too much credit.

Without weighing in on whether some may take it too far, your analogy to EDM is a dud.  Nobody spent 50k+ on EDM they find out has real limitations and flaws.

1 hour ago, wnpublic said:

Without weighing in on whether some may take it too far, your analogy to EDM is a dud.  Nobody spent 50k+ on EDM they find out has real limitations and flaws.

Subzero versus Viking

lexus versus Mercedes 

Honda versus toyota

Garmin versus Suunto

Cartier versus Rolex

And I’ve spent more than my fair share on concert tickets and travel to see 100s of concerts around the world so yeah I’m in it for $$$ but I know what you mean

i just don’t get trolling without adding viable information thats all

3 hours ago, Control4Sucks said:

Are you the forum parent? It's a sarcastic user name. Theres nothing but debate going on here about products and services. Stop acting like people are dishing personal jabs at each other.

Good. I am happy you think Control4 is better based on random web research. I will continue to share factual information when needed that clearly states otherwise. 

Unrelated question... how did you change your display name?  Are you an admin or did you contact admin?  I feel like this is a stupid question but I've never seen the profile setting that enables that change.

Peace, love and automation

4 hours ago, dcovach said:

Unrelated question... how did you change your display name?  Are you an admin or did you contact admin?  I feel like this is a stupid question but I've never seen the profile setting that enables that change.

Peace, love and automation

It's in your user settings. Most online forums allow name changes every 30 days or so

17 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Wow! How old are you @Control4Sucks... you changed your user name just for @Cyknight... I am sure he will be impressed...

Oh yes, very impressed indeed.

18 hours ago, Control4Sucks said:

Superiority... you are exhausting

10 hours ago, Control4Sucks said:

Your bias is embarrassing and you are losing your argument

I do enjoy irony though, so I'm all good. 😏

9 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

It's under [user], [account settings], [display name]

Disclaimer, My user name unchanged, just trying to help out :)

There's no "change" option beside my display name.  I can change my email and password but not the name.  Anyways, maybe some accounts can and some can't.  Not too important really.  Still same ol g

50 minutes ago, dcovach said:

There's no "change" option beside my display name.  I can change my email and password but not the name.  Anyways, maybe some accounts can and some can't.  Not too important really.  Still same ol g

weird,  this is what mine shows...

Capture name.JPG

17 hours ago, Control4Sucks said:

Your bias is embarrassing and you are losing your argument. I guess the rest of us will continue to keep buying such trash hardware.

You answer is the response from a typical Apple shill, completely ignoring facts.

Instead of at least showing me that other manufacturers have as many issues with class action lawsuits and also saying to their customers "ur holding/using it wrong" you say I am biased, I would say your bias esceeds mine by a lot! 

BTT:

What do your customers complain about what they are missing that u switch them from C4 to Savant? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.