C4 Forums | Control4

4sight connection times on os 3

Anish

took me about 7 seconds on a brand new open of the app on a cellular connection. Make sure both your system and the app are updated to the latest version.

also check the upload speed of your home as this can be a factor.

might try a soft reboot on the main controller if you have a memory leak. 

What is your main controller?

1 hour ago, Anish said:

After upgrading to os3 my 4 sight takes about 20 seconds bring up my splash screen and takes a few more seconds to populate the rooms.  Even after upgrading to os 13.1. Works superfast intranet - it’s just on 4sight that’s the problem 

What ISP? What is your data upload speed?

took me about 7 seconds on a brand new open of the app on a cellular connection. Make sure both your system and the app are updated to the latest version.
also check the upload speed of your home as this can be a factor.
might try a soft reboot on the main controller if you have a memory leak. 
What is your main controller?
Same here. 9 seconds on HSDPA+ and 7 seconds on LTE.

SPECTRUM cable 50/5 link.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

My local upload / download speeds are identical to yours. When connecting from off site are you on Vodacom, MTN or CellC?

Vodacom. 

bht I’ve also tried fibre at my workplace with similar results -20-24 seconds.  I suspect it’s because I’m on an older version of os3. Will get my installer to upgrade it this week and update you 

23 hours ago, Anish said:

After upgrading to os3 my 4 sight takes about 20 seconds bring up my splash screen and takes a few more seconds to populate the rooms.  Even after upgrading to os 13.1. Works superfast intranet - it’s just on 4sight that’s the problem 

Hi @Anish, if you're interested I'd be happy to have my team take a look at your app logs to see if we can diagnose why your connection times are slow.  

13 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

I am seeing the same thing. Long load times of at least 20 seconds and then the screens don’t fully load. And suddenly my cameras are no longer showing the preview again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the same issue on my side 

On 9/30/2019 at 9:39 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Good luck... could be.  I am on OS3.1

Updated to os3.1.  Still the same I’m afraid. Takes about 45-60 seconds to load the splash page. I should have stayed on os2.... 

On 9/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, LollerAgent said:

I have found that while the newest app is MUCH quicker than the original OS3 app (both locally and remotely), it sometimes fails to connect when not launching freshly.  The fix is usually to kill the app and re-launch it.. which results in a 1-2second connection most times.

Same here on updated iPhone X , on 3.1. No issues  with Android 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.