C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Ultimate Hikvision Driver for Control4!

alanchow

Chowmain - Ultimate Hikvision Driver for Control4!

Hikvision, who is a popular surveillance manufacturer, produce a range of products for both residential and commercial applications.  As one of our top requested drivers we felt that we needed to create the ultimate Hikvision driver for Control4.

This driver pushes the integration of Hikvision by offering integration to NVR/DVRs, IP Cameras and Doorstation Intercoms which allows integrators to push the boundaries of security and home automation.  This means that surveillance is no longer just for security but can also be used to trigger motion-based programming like lighting.

Features

• Doorstation Intercom

• Integration to Control4's Communication Agent / SIP Server. Providing the ability to call Control4 touchscreens and mobile devices (4sight required) for both video and audio communications.

• The Hikvision DS-KV8xx3-WME1 range of door stations can be configured automatically by the driver to work with Control4 for convenient set up and configuration

• Ability to set Control4's Intercom Custom Button actions

• Ability to trigger electronic locks (output 1 & 2)

• Ability to use the door station as a regular IP camera stream

• Automatic push notifications with snapshot for motion and/or call button press (requires 4sight)

• Through Hikvision's alert stream technology, our driver can provide the following real time notifications for integrators to program against:

• Video motion detection alerts

• Call button press

• Line busy (no answer)

• Call Answered

• Alarm 1 - 4 Triggered (traditionally 1 & 2 are used for door state closed, 3 & 4 is used for exit button pushed but can be used for other programming)

• NVR / DVR

• Remote control simulation / Hikvision onscreen control over IP for I series NVR and K series DVR (via customised firmware)

• IP Cameras

• Control4 OS 3.0 Support

• Supports PTZ & Non PTZ Cameras (through NVRs or direct)

• View live camera stream on Control4 interface

• PTZ control (Up, Down, Left, Right, Preset, Zoom)

• Control4 Push Notification Snapshot Support (push notification photos to mobile phones)

• Live Events

• Auto-sensing and re-connection of alert stream loss

• Connect to cameras that are behind a Hikvision NVR

• Auto import of events including

• VMD (video motion detection)

• Tamper Detection

• Disk Full

• Disk Error

• Line Motion

• Field Motion

• Video Mismatch

• Region Entrance

• Region Exiting

• Unattended Baggage

• Attended Baggage

• Licence Plate Detection (for supported cameras)

• Ability to bind events to contact drivers in Control4 (eg motion sensor driver)

• Licence Plate Number Variable (for supported cameras)

• Programming commands

• Day Night Mode

• Goto Preset

• Auto Flip

• Back to origin

• One touch patrol

• Reboot camera

• Auto Setup of Camera

• You can set camera resolution configuration for best performance for Control4 via a single button press from Composer

• You can set the current position as either a preset or home from Composer

FAQ

What about Hikvisions NVR and DVR range?
The driver supports cameras connected to the rear of NVRs for live view of cameras along with PTZ and events. It also supports onscreen navigation for certain NVR and DVR products..

The following models provide addtional onscreen navigation via a customised firmware developed by Hikvision in partnership with us.

• TurboHD DVR - 72xxHUHI-K2 series

• Network Video Recorders - 76/77/96xx I Series NVR

What doorstation models are compatible?

The following models are compatible and require a customised firmware from Hikvision.  These firmwares are available via the US or AU websites linked at the bottom of this page.

• DS-KV8113-WME1

• DS-KV8413-WME1

• DS-KV8213-WME1

What cool things can we do with this driver?

• Cameras

• The driver's Auto setup functionality makes configuration of the cameras quick and easy.

• This driver provides the ability to attach snapshots to Control4 Push Notifications (4sight required). Tie this in with the camera's motion events and your customer can get notified (with an image) if the camera detections motion.

• This camera provides live feedback of events which is useful if you want to tie in lighting to motion and other events.

• Certain cameras have the ability to detect licence plates. These cameras provide events in Control4 along with variables on the detected plate number. Use it to open gates and garage doors automatically!

• NVRs / DVRs

• View the Hikvision NVR and DVR onscreen display via its HDMI output and control it via IP. This is compatible with I series NVR and K series DVR products using a customised firmware that Hikvision developed for us.

• Doorstation Intercoms

• Talk to people at your front door from any T3,T4 or iOS / Android mobile phone at home or remotely (requires 4sight).

• Playback doorbell sounds across all speakers in the home when the call button is pushed

• Automated porch/pathway lighting when motion is detected along

• Send push notifications with image snapshot on motion and/or doorbell push

What products will this work for?
This will work with Hikvisions range of IP cameras, DVRs and NVRs as well as select doorstations. Some manufacturers OEM Hikvisions cameras and rebadge them as their own so it will also work with those cameras. Please test prior to licence purchase.

How do I find out more information about the driver?
Please see the links below for more information about the driver.

EL5q_oGUEAASaQ8.png 

Facebook-Hikvision-Doorstation-Driver.png?format=650w

Edited by alanchow

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

This driver looks awesome!  Nice work Alan!

This one is done  by Justin.  He is the one handling all camera integration at Chowmain.

Never the less he has done a fantastic job at making this and we will be continuously adding to this (with the next stage being NVR support).

Sounds like there is big demand for various cameras.  We will see what we can do to fill the voids.

we have relationships with all the major camera manufacturers and a lot of them are already either contracting us to develop drivers or giving us equipment so we can develop licences drivers.

I'm using a hybrid Hikvision DVR/NVR to manage a combination of Hikvision IP and TVI cameras.  I'd love a way to use an NVR driver to trigger programming in C4 from an analog camera event.  I'm guessing that it is technically possible, given that (e.g.) the motion detection on a TVI is configured on the DVR/NVR side of things.

I see that it's not for now, but the NVR driver is on your roadmap, so thought that I would get in early with this request.  Thanks anyway for all the envelope pushing that you do with your C4 drivers.

3 hours ago, OceanDad said:

I'm using a hybrid Hikvision DVR/NVR to manage a combination of Hikvision IP and TVI cameras.  I'd love a way to use an NVR driver to trigger programming in C4 from an analog camera event.  I'm guessing that it is technically possible, given that (e.g.) the motion detection on a TVI is configured on the DVR/NVR side of things.

I see that it's not for now, but the NVR driver is on your roadmap, so thought that I would get in early with this request.  Thanks anyway for all the envelope pushing that you do with your C4 drivers.

We don't have a DVR but i'm assuming its much the same as the NVR.  Much of the features we have implemented in the camera will be on the NVR (though through a different API).

Does this require P2P (Guarding Vision) or open ports to get push notifications?

Currently the only way I can get Hikvision push notifications on iOS device is for P2P to be activated, which disables the ability to run OpenVPN for added layer of security, as far as I’ve been able to read up on and setup on my NVR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, jebt2921 said:

Does this require P2P (Guarding Vision) or open ports to get push notifications?

Currently the only way I can get Hikvision push notifications on iOS device is for P2P to be activated, which disables the ability to run OpenVPN for added layer of security, as far as I’ve been able to read up on and setup on my NVR.

This requires 4sight.  If you can remotely access Control4 then it will work.

Sorry, I’m new to integrating Hikvision into C4 as it’s still on my to-do list, so a slight learning curve here.

I’m working under the assumption C4 allows viewing cameras away from home network without the use of opening ports or enabling P2P within Hikvision cams or NVR, so long as you have 4sight?

Currently, in order to get push notifications within Hikvision (not tied to Control4) I have to enable P2P, which I’d prefer not do to.

Looking at your documentation and your comment I’m thinking it’s not needed as a setting within Hikvision directly, which is a good thing. But looking for confirmation.

4 minutes ago, jebt2921 said:

Sorry, I’m new to integrating Hikvision into C4 as it’s still on my to-do list, so a slight learning curve here.

I’m working under the assumption C4 allows viewing cameras away from home network without the use of opening ports or enabling P2P within Hikvision cams or NVR, so long as you have 4sight?

Currently, in order to get push notifications within Hikvision (not tied to Control4) I have to enable P2P, which I’d prefer not do to.

Looking at your documentation and your comment I’m thinking it’s not needed as a setting within Hikvision directly, which is a good thing. But looking for confirmation.

That is correct.  The driver downloads the snapshot and sends it to Control4 for it to forward to your phone.

As mentioned Control4 requires 4sight for remote access to the home and for push notifications.

If you do not have a 4sight subcription you will need to get this added to your system for it to work.

22 hours ago, alanchow said:

We don't have a DVR but i'm assuming its much the same as the NVR.  Much of the features we have implemented in the camera will be on the NVR (though through a different API).

looking forward to it once it's ready !  Thanks again.

I’ve been playing around with the trial copy of the driver with two of my Hikvision Mini PTZ (2DE2A404IW-DE3) camera’s, and so far... so good. But I do have one issue maybe someone can assist with.

When viewing via the mobile app I can see both cameras “thumb view”, and when I select a camera, I get the live view along with PTZ control. Which is the desired behavior. However my T3’s I see the thumb view but if I select a camera it just spins and then times out never showing the live view.

I’ve update the firmware for both camera’s and played around with the settings on the cameras to see if I can get it to show, but all I’ve done was break the mobile view, never successfully showing the live view for both the T3s and the C4 app.

suggestions welcomed

Merry Christmas all!

Quick question regarding this new driver. I currently have all my Hikvision cameras plugged directly into the NVR (POE). With that, the IP addresses are issued by the NVR itself. Will I be able to use those IP addresses since my Hikvision system is Plug N Play or will I need to wait for the NVR driver y’all are working on to be released?

Thanks in advance!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:40 PM, Cbell said:

I’ve been playing around with the trial copy of the driver with two of my Hikvision Mini PTZ (2DE2A404IW-DE3) camera’s, and so far... so good. But I do have one issue maybe someone can assist with.

When viewing via the mobile app I can see both cameras “thumb view”, and when I select a camera, I get the live view along with PTZ control. Which is the desired behavior. However my T3’s I see the thumb view but if I select a camera it just spins and then times out never showing the live view.

I’ve update the firmware for both camera’s and played around with the settings on the cameras to see if I can get it to show, but all I’ve done was break the mobile view, never successfully showing the live view for both the T3s and the C4 app.

suggestions welcomed

sounds like the t3 is looking at the wrong stream (resolution) check the documentation for specific res. for t3 and set the camera appropriately.. I don't have a t3, so I;m not sure of its resolutions

On 12/19/2019 at 2:40 PM, Cbell said:

suggestions welcomed

Please reach out to our support desk either via phone or ticket and we will assist with troubleshooting.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, jebt2921 said:

Merry Christmas all!

Quick question regarding this new driver. I currently have all my Hikvision cameras plugged directly into the NVR (POE). With that, the IP addresses are issued by the NVR itself. Will I be able to use those IP addresses since my Hikvision system is Plug N Play or will I need to wait for the NVR driver y’all are working on to be released?

Thanks in advance!

Currently our driver only supports direct camera connection.  Cameras that are connected to the NVR are on a different network.  As such they are not currently supported.  We are in the process of integrating the NVR along with cameras through the NVR.  This will arrive early in the new year.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, jebt2921 said:

@alanchow How’s this NVR integration coming along? Appreciate the work being done and look forward to using this driver.

Currently on hold as we have some contracted projects to work on (these will be certified drivers available either through Control4's online database or free ones through our website).

Hikvision NVR will resume development in march.