C4 Forums | Control4

OS3 update

My dealer just updated my system to OS3.  Now my LiftMaster garage doors (only 3 years old) don't show up on my Control4 app letting me know if the doors are opened or closed but I can still open and close them with the app.  Dealer told me he needs to research to find a "driver" to work with the new OS3.  Any suggestions on what I need to make this work again? I wold be willing to revert back to the old system/app but he said that's not possible.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:20 AM, Kstrash said:

My dealer just updated my system to OS3.  Now my LiftMaster garage doors (only 3 years old) don't show up on my Control4 app letting me know if the doors are opened or closed but I can still open and close them with the app.  Dealer told me he needs to research to find a "driver" to work with the new OS3.  Any suggestions on what I need to make this work again? I wold be willing to revert back to the old system/app but he said that's not possible.

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/garage-agent-liftmaster/

that works with OS3

I have notice there have been offers on this forum for LiftMaster drivers:

If you don't have the MyQ brand or the dealer was using a regular relay driver,  your dealer might be able to use a Relay Garage Door Controller (OS 2.9+) if that wasn't the driver previously used.  

21 hours ago, Unsocialtoaster said:

Afraid I have no knowledge of the garage doors to be able to help with a solution, but it is possible to revert back to 2.10.6 if a resolution cannot be found, as long as you don't have any hardware which requires OS3, like the Neeo remote.

I don't believe I have any hardware that requires OS3.  My dealer told me i can't revert back to the old OS.  How is this done?

21 hours ago, Unsocialtoaster said:

Afraid I have no knowledge of the garage doors to be able to help with a solution, but it is possible to revert back to 2.10.6 if a resolution cannot be found, as long as you don't have any hardware which requires OS3, like the Neeo remote.

I don't believe I have any hardware that requires OS3.  My dealer told me i can't revert back to the old OS.  How is this done?

Seems silly to revert back to an old OS version to workaround an issue that should be relatively painless to solve.  There will be time involved with a rollback too.  The dealer should have known about the incompatibility before upgrading also.

???

Either you have a BASIC garage door that is a relay control, in which case it would just work OS3. If it's FEEDBACK that';s the issue, it MIGHT be that your security system isn't supported?

If it's MyQ - reverting WILL NOT HELP YOU - I'm guessing you've got the Houselogix MyQ driver which recently died - no matter if it's OS2 or OS3 - this was a change on the MyQ side.

The above mentioned drivers should be fine (the Drivercentral/Cinegration for sure is, don't have personal experience for the Annex driver) - or a lot of dealers (including us) are just going the route of getting an extra opener and wire leads to them for relay control (there are cheap pre-made ones available for ~$20 as well)

7 hours ago, turls said:

The dealer should have known about the incompatibility before upgrading also.

Except that there isn't one. Which he/she should know (and know that roll-backs ARE possible - however much of a pain it is)

• 2 months later...

I've been banging around on the forum trying to find a solution for the MyQ. I don't want to buy a driver and would rather get back to a wired solution. From what I can gather there is a way to solder or use an existing remote? I can't find anything that explains in more detail. I recently just upgraded to an opener that is MyQ and I lost my contact, but still have my status. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, timmypop said:

I've been banging around on the forum trying to find a solution for the MyQ. I don't want to buy a driver and would rather get back to a wired solution. From what I can gather there is a way to solder or use an existing remote? I can't find anything that explains in more detail. I recently just upgraded to an opener that is MyQ and I lost my contact, but still have my status. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Someone was generous enough to post this before. I don't know when or which post but a game changer for me. It worked for me and I dumped MyQ altogether. I have myq doors and used this wired to my HC800. Better than a traditional remote because it is powered by the motor rather than a battery.

GarageRemoteWiring_LiftMaster 883LM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 10:06 AM, Cyknight said:

Best driver ever: https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/control4-hacked-api-dumpster-fire-driver/

Either solder as above, or there's actually ones you can buy now that are pre-done for next to nothing.  Just can't find the name right now...

My MyQ integration died a few months ago and my dealer has told me that there’s basically nothing I can do about it, unless i want to solder (which I can’t do). However, I have no idea what I’d even be looking for to find what you’re referencing above. Any way you could let me know what I’d need to purchase? And do i need 3 of them for 3 garage doors, or does this work off of a garage remote? thanks!

You can buy them already soldered. See this thread post from Matt Lowe. These work on the security +2.0 openers as I understand it. The openers with the yellow learn button. If you have an older model opener you wouldn't need this I believe. I have an Control4 HC800 that my dealer was able to wire these buttons to in order to operate my garage doors.  If your garage door opener is security +2.0 then you would need these buttons wired to either a device like an HC800 or a C4-Z2IO. If your garage doors are not security +2.0 then you could wire your garage door openers to an HC800 or C4-Z2IO directly without these buttons. In addition, my dealer used a magnetic contact on my doors so that C4 knows the status of the doors (open or closed). Works great. You need one button for each door and a magnetic contact for each door connected to some sort of C4 device like an HC800 or C4-Z2IO.

2 hours ago, slevittmd said:

My MyQ integration died a few months ago and my dealer has told me that there’s basically nothing I can do about it, unless i want to solder (which I can’t do). However, I have no idea what I’d even be looking for to find what you’re referencing above. Any way you could let me know what I’d need to purchase? And do i need 3 of them for 3 garage doors, or does this work off of a garage remote? thanks!

I know why people would rather solder a remote, add sensors to the door, etc.  that said, if you want a driver (That is not officially supported by MyQ) you can try: https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/garage-agent-liftmaster/

I use it on 3.1.2 and it works just fine.  When I first installed it there were some bugs, support worked with me daily and addressed all concerns and even added a feature I thought would be valuable.  Cannot speak enough about their support.

if you can run a cat wire from your controller to the the actual garage doors and install these magnets to track the the state of the door 

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Ademco-958-Overhead-Contacts/dp/B0006M1I1W/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=honeywell+garage+door+magnet&qid=1586687809&sr=8-1

or you can buy the a Z2io and use the them on the contacts, but thats added costs

you could also buy the tilt sensors 

then you can buy the garage door remotes to solder onto or the piece listed above with wires already soldered

https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-893Max-1-Pack-Black/dp/B00IA2RXUU/ref=sr_1_6?crid=33YD0AOIHKCKW&dchild=1&keywords=liftmaster+remote+garage+door+opener&qid=1586687988&sprefix=liftmaster+%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-6

doing this you will never have to worry about a 3rd party driver

you will also be able to use an experience button to control and show status of your garage door

and yes you could go back to os 2 if you truly wanted to, its tedious but you can, however why would you? the enhancements os3 offers are very nice. sounds like your dealer is lazy, or not very knowledgeable. its your system, and it needs to be tailored and customized to your usage and enjoyment.

5 hours ago, tekki70 said:

if you can run a cat wire from your controller to the the actual garage doors and install these magnets to track the the state of the door 

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Ademco-958-Overhead-Contacts/dp/B0006M1I1W/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=honeywell+garage+door+magnet&qid=1586687809&sr=8-1

or you can buy the a Z2io and use the them on the contacts, but thats added costs

you could also buy the tilt sensors 

then you can buy the garage door remotes to solder onto or the piece listed above with wires already soldered

https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-893Max-1-Pack-Black/dp/B00IA2RXUU/ref=sr_1_6?crid=33YD0AOIHKCKW&dchild=1&keywords=liftmaster+remote+garage+door+opener&qid=1586687988&sprefix=liftmaster+%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-6

doing this you will never have to worry about a 3rd party driver

you will also be able to use an experience button to control and show status of your garage door

and yes you could go back to os 2 if you truly wanted to, its tedious but you can, however why would you? the enhancements os3 offers are very nice. sounds like your dealer is lazy, or not very knowledgeable. its your system, and it needs to be tailored and customized to your usage and enjoyment.

100%.  If you can, get sensors for both top and bottom per door you want to know if its partially open versus fully open... and you can hardwire power for the remotes as well so you don't have battery failures. 

On 4/12/2020 at 4:42 AM, tekki70 said:

and yes you could go back to os 2 if you truly wanted to

Sure but:

On 1/8/2020 at 9:00 PM, Cyknight said:

If it's MyQ - reverting WILL NOT HELP YOU - I'm guessing you've got the Houselogix MyQ driver which recently died - no matter if it's OS2 or OS3 - this was a change on the MyQ side.

So it WILL NOT FIX YOUR ISSUE

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, RyanE said:

The partially open is nice to have, especially using the 1/2/3 relay Garage Door experience button, since it shows the partial state as well as open/closed/unknown.

RyanE

Does this  (Relay Garage door controller) work on 2.10.6? 

5 minutes ago, ERDrPC said:

Does this  (Relay Garage door controller) work on 2.10.6? 

I don't know for certain.

It most likely will, as I doubt it has any OS 3.0 specific calls in it, but you'd have to try it out.

RyanE

Remote programmer is getting an unable to install error. My garage doors are already bound to my alarm system and am able to control them. I just wanted the experience buttons for the doors so it's more intuitive for my family to use from a TS. Does he have to unbind them from the iox ? Actually getting the same error for the Auto Door-lock driver as well (all locks already bound to generic door drive and Yale drive. Again, want the nice icon showing status. He was able to install and configure other drivers - Hayward Omni logic for example. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.