C4 Forums | Control4

MyMovies Abandons Control4 API Access for End users in next revision MM5.0

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Fully automated movie disc copying. This is not a solution like the others where you have to do everything manually - this is a put disc in, be done with it solution"

This? They are NOT saying they'll bypass copy protection as such, let alone that they'll do it everywhere.The only 'reference' would be to k-scape, which also doesn't really bypass it.

Seem more like that's uniformed as there are several other providers beyond them and k-scape.

Not that it really matters - just curious.

"Fully automated movie disc copying. This is not a solution like the others where you have to do everything manually - this is a put disc in, be done with it solution"

This? They are NOT saying they'll bypass copy protection as such, let alone that they'll do it everywhere.The only 'reference' would be to k-scape, which also doesn't really bypass it.

Seem more like that's uniformed as there are several other providers beyond them and k-scape.

Not that it really matters - just curious.

So... People will only copy their Wedding and Bar Mitzvah DVD's and other non DRM releases like "My life with Tofu" and "Cats are People 2"?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/03/stop-innovating-please-kaleidescape-loses-dvd-ripping-case/

So... People will only copy their Wedding and Bar Mitzvah DVD's and other non DRM releases like "My life with Tofu" and "Cats are People 2"?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/03/stop-innovating-please-kaleidescape-loses-dvd-ripping-case/

Yes, just like they are doing right now.  :rolleyes:  MyMovies is ALREADY capable of ripping, but doesn't bypass copy protection.

Due to there being some confusion for users on when specifically they should have purchased access as an end user, we have decided to change this requirement.

This means that anyone who have purchased (or contributed to have the 2500 points) before the final release of My Movies 5 can be upgraded to use the API under My Movies 5, by sending an e-mail to support@mymovies.dk, confirming that they are not a professional, and, that their solution is not delivered by a professional.

Users can write to us as of now, to receive the API access under My Movies 5, and the API will be functional in the next Pre Release of My Movies 5.

This is only a minor change, to ensure that users who did not specifically see the information in our forums, or in this thread, still will be able to upgrade.

This also means that if any end-users want to use the API, they have a Window open from now, and until the final release of My Movies 5 is available, a date which is not currently known.

Professionals can still join our installer program to have any solutions delivered to customers upgraded.

What about situations where you were already a mymovies customer with 2500 points and then added mymovies EV driver (or other driver) via a professional? 

Would those end users be required to re-buy from a professional?

I assume the ones that have already done this can email support and will be taken care of, but what about going forward? 

I think the dealers on here want to know if they gain a customer already with mymovies installed, that with 5.x, they will have to sell them a professional license to use the EV driver (or other driver) via the API even though the customer may have already bought it once before?

What about situations where you were already a mymovies customer with 2500 points and then added mymovies EV driver (or other driver) via a professional? 

Would those end users be required to re-buy from a professional?

I assume the ones that have already done this can email support and will be taken care of, but what about going forward? 

I think the dealers on here want to know if they gain a customer already with mymovies installed, that with 5.x, they will have to sell them a professional license to use the EV driver (or other driver) via the API even though the customer may have already bought it once before?

If your My Movies solution was not provided by a professional have purchased up until the final release of My Movies 5, then you just e-mail our support.

If you purchased a full system running My Movies, you contact your dealer, who can join our installer program and get you upgraded - if the installer will not upgrade you, you contact our support, and we will take care of your situation, and consider which steps we will have to take with the dealer who have supplied you the program in violation of license. 

Once My Movies 5 is released, the dealer naturally cannot deliver the user a working system unless they are part of our installer program, no matter what. If the user is already a My Movies user, and they have purchased after My Movies 5 is released finally, and, all information about the software containing an API for end-users is removed, then the end user only have the option of purchasing a license through a dealer. 

So, purchase before My Movies 5 is released, and we will take care of you.

Purchase anything from My Movies after My Movies 5 is released, and you can only get access by purchasing licenses through a dealer.

The process is very straightforward and the response from MyMovies has been great. I just emailed about my personal system that I've been using MM on for a couple of years now, and was taken care of in a timely manner. Folks with systems from James at diamond design probably shouldn't worry as his systems are covered. If you don't have a dealer to take care of you, I can recommend James for that as well. Our company is looking at being a MM partner as well, but we have traditionally used the built-in management from C4 to date or used a DD server. 

I'd like to congratulate binnerup for coming on here and supporting Control4 users in the way he and MyMovies has...

It's fantastic to see such fabulous customer support.

I'd love to jump on the MM bandwagon and take advantage of this announced offer...

I've got a couple of related questions, about the whole MM setup and I'm sorry if it seems basic or daft.

I've now got two large movie collections.

One is DRM free: basically DVD format, mkv's and iso.

The other exists as Apple DRM m4v format.

I access and play one now using XBMC running on my newly configured QNAP: controlling XBMC with the EV XBMC driver

I access the other via an AppleTV Mk3 using an IR Apple Control4 driver.

Is there any way of pulling these two libraries together using MyMovies?

Does the MyMovies for OSX do this?

Does MM scapper for XBMC do it?

So Ok..if not, I understand what DRM does and that I might have to play each separate itunes and no itunes format on each separate player..

But If I just want to view my entire Apple and no Apple collection info in the *one* library, to see what I've got.....can I do that with MM?

If so, how do I do that, and what is the best way?

I'd like to congratulate binnerup for coming on here and supporting Control4 users in the way he and MyMovies has...

It's fantastic to see such fabulous customer support.

I'd love to jump on the MM bandwagon and take advantage of this announced offer...

I've got a couple of related questions, about the whole MM setup and I'm sorry if it seems basic or daft.

I've now got two large movie collections.

One is DRM free: basically DVD format, mkv's and iso.

The other exists as Apple DRM m4v format.

I access and play one now using XBMC running on my newly configured QNAP: controlling XBMC with the EV XBMC driver

I access the other via an AppleTV Mk3 using an IR Apple Control4 driver.

Is there any way of pulling these two libraries together using MyMovies?

Does the MyMovies for OSX do this?

Does MM scapper for XBMC do it?

So Ok..if not, I understand what DRM does and that I might have to play each separate itunes and no itunes format on each separate player..

But If I just want to view my entire Apple and no Apple collection info in the *one* library, to see what I've got.....can I do that with MM?

Mm for Mac won't work. Has to be on pc.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

FYI you don't have to buy a full system from us I've done plenty of stand alone installs. If you need an install and commercial license only with your hardware we do it cheaply but once its installed your on your own obviously with your hardware.

The application on Mac does not have an API at all, so that does not.

However, the Windows applications allows you to index both the Apple MP4/M4V files, and even have an option to tag these with the meta data in Collection Management if requested.

But, I must be honest to say I do not know what the EV driver does in relation to the Apple solution - the driver will read the content for sure, as it can't see which actual file formats there is (unless they read the file content), so it will be presented, but I am not sure what can be played and where in relation to players.

Just to confirm once again.  If my MyMovies 4.x account has API access right now I can get the same API access with MyMovies 5.0?

You must contact our support on support@mymovies.dk, and you must confirm that you are not a professional, and that your full solution was not supplied by a professional.

The application on Mac does not have an API at all, so that does not.

However, the Windows applications allows you to index both the Apple MP4/M4V files, and even have an option to tag these with the meta data in Collection Management if requested.

But, I must be honest to say I do not know what the EV driver does in relation to the Apple solution - the driver will read the content for sure, as it can't see which actual file formats there is (unless they read the file content), so it will be presented, but I am not sure what can be played and where in relation to players.

Thanks so much again for your help. What a guy! I doubt it will do anything, unless the movie has DRM removed.. Don't worry I'll just stick with XBMC.. sod Apple. They suck.

Just now, we have sent out the Pre Release 4 of My Movies 5, which includes the option of using the API for end-users who have specifically been granted access.

The process to be granted access is to contact support@mymovies.dk, with a confirmation that you are a private user, and that your My Movies solution was not delivered by a professional.

I read through a number of pages on this thread and am a bit confused about my situation and how this affects me so I have a few questions.

First, my situation is as follows:
I run Windows Home Server and have MyMovies installed on it and the client software on various HTPCs in my home.  This setup was put in place prior to my becoming a Control4 customer.   In my control4 system, I do not use any of the media features (no music, no movies).  I use lighting, security and automation features only.   In one viewing location, I have my C4 Controller which accesses the HTPC as an input device (along with PS3, SlingCatcher, etc.).

So my questions are:

1. Will I have to pay a separate licensing fee to my C4 dealer to continue using future versions of My Movies in this way?  (If so, I'd rather just pay MyMovies directly, as my C4 dealer won't/doesn't touch my media configuration).
  2. If the answer to #1 is "yes", then does that obligate my dealer to support my installation of MyMovies that I have been running for years?
  3. If the answer to #1 is "yes", then does that automatically allow me to have install MyMovies (and EV) on my C4 system should I elect to?
  4. Is the license fee a one time fee or is it annual like the 4sight subscription?

My apologies if these questions have already been answered, but I didn't see the answer in a way that I could understand in the 1st 7 pages.

This is a different API - you cannot use that information for anything - it refers to the online service API, for use with XBMC scraper, ect.

That one is available (still) for everyone with 2500 points.

The 5K points are shown if you have a trial.

You cannot see any registration on the local API - it is only something we can see in our end.

Archived