C4 Forums | Control4

Lighting Control from SR260 remote?

bmarshall

3 hours ago, OceanDad said:

Or use the number keys.  1 = 10%, 2 = 20% and so on.  Nice little shortcut.

I always show my customers this and it is a killer feature! Love it!

I really miss the old Apple TV IP Driver (for 3rd gen 1080p ATVs) where you could use the number keys to go to a specific point in a video. 30 = 30% though the video. Used this feature all the time before Apple broke that driver then the new one doesn't have that feature.

Do many people use remotes for lights?  I never use remotes for lights - I primarily use keypads or the dimmers themselves.  Very occasionally I will use the app on my phone. But it is cumbersome to use the remote for lights if you primarily use it for AV. Other than if you set a coloured button to a specific percentage.

11 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Do many people use remotes for lights?  I never use remotes for lights - I primarily use keypads or the dimmers themselves.  Very occasionally I will use the app on my phone. But it is cumbersome to use the remote for lights if you primarily use it for AV. Other than if you set a coloured button to a specific percentage.

I pretty much agree.  The only way I use remotes for lights is on SR260s, I use custom button 1 for all off in the room, button 2 for one very dim light on (often use this for TV viewing) and button 3 is all lights I’m the room are turned on. Similarly on the Neeo.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:39 PM, zaphod said:

I use all the time my remote...

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

As long as you have the Neeo (I suspect) although I have not tried this on an SR260

Yeah, I meant rather than using the custom buttons on the remote just use the app/neeo/touchscreen and use the wake/sleep agent. Or program the . .. ... to the agent, although I know am not sure if he meant the . .. .. buttons on custom button agent.

You are right there is no way to see the wake/sleep agent on the 250/260.

On 11/25/2020 at 5:06 PM, HRT said:

Yeah, I meant rather than using the custom buttons on the remote just use the app/neeo/touchscreen and use the wake/sleep agent. Or program the . .. ... to the agent, although I know am not sure if he meant the . .. .. buttons on custom button agent.

You are right there is no way to see the wake/sleep agent on the 250/260.

Yeah I am using a 260 in the bedroom which is where we use sleep timer. Only got 2 Neeo 1 for the Living Room and 1 for the theater. Rest are 260s. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.